Search Unity

Opinions on this "cinematic" title music?

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by bosone, Dec 22, 2015.

1. bosone

bosone

hi!
    i'm working on this track that should be tailored as a game menu /trailer music.
    it would describe it as a cinematic/hypnotic/obsessive track, with deep percussions, synth lines and some heavy guitar rhytm track

https://soundcloud.com/bosone-2/cybertronic-revolution

do you think it would be suitable for a game?
    any suggestions?

thx!

2. Whiteleaf

Whiteleaf

Depending on what type of game you're making, this is awesome title music. Good work!

3. dogmachris

dogmachris

Depends. If you have a fantasy RPG... naw. But for some kind of mobile Sci-Fi action it sounds good.

4. bosone

bosone

hi!
    thanks for the feedback! :)
    actually this music will appear somewhere in time in 2016 in the asset store, so the kind of game will depend on you...
    but yes, I had in mind something "tech" or "sci-fi" based...
    your comments will be useful to target the asset! :)
    glad you liked it and thanks for the suggestions!

5. J-Cewp

J-Cewp

Yeah, I totally agree with it being in a sci-fi setting. I think everyone else nailed it!

6. bosone

bosone

thanks! :)

7. Darkays

Darkays

I would have to agree with everyone here, this is a great sci-fi track, it feels epic and intense, a little light on the bass but that is fine.

My main critique is that this doesn't sound like a "Main Menu"/"Splash Screen" song. It seems too intense for that in my opinion; it feels like this would better fit a combat scene or some in-game scene. I feel like you should muffle some of the drums if you want this to be on a title card, you can have hints at the intense parts throughout the song, but sustaining it for the entire song seems like it can be "exhausting" on the ears. If this is a title screen song this could theoretically be played for more than 5 mins while the players get set up for the game or some other reason.

8. bosone

bosone

thanks for the comments about the use in the menu screen...
    actually i had something very "epic" and "big" in mind when i started working on this song... but honestly i don't think i will expand so that it will become longer and useful to be used during a game scene (that i suppose it will require to be longer, have some more sections and a more complex structure).
    i will take care of your suggestions... thanks! :)

9. bosone

bosone

For your interest, this song and several other ones are live in the asset store in the pack:

Cinematic Trailer Collection

An epic cinematic trailer collection useful for game intro or end title screens, trailers, credits, menu, hold screens, or as background music in a game.

The pack contains 5 different songs:
    War Operations (looped) (0:56)
    Knight of the dark (loop / no loop) (1:37)
    Infiltration (loop / no loop) (0:46)
    Into the darkness (loop / no loop) (0:37)
    Fallen heroes (loop / no loop / no intro) (1:26)

The collection will create massive mash-ups and intense experiences that will raise the blood pressure in your audience. The arrangement includes cinematic impacts, risers, thuds, strikes, flybys, whooshes, drones, hums, power shots and hits. It is suited for sci-fi, warfare, action, extreme sports, fantasy, first person shooters, etc

Listen to the whole demos on soundcloud

10. Soul-Challenger

Soul-Challenger

As others wrote, depends on the game. While listening, I feel like I should get prepared for some kind of battle. If that's the intention, then it's spot on :)

11. bosone

bosone

thanks for the feedback and the appreciation
    well... the game depends on you, not on the musician... :D
    for sure I had in mind some battle scenario when i thought about this music... and blockbuster hollywood films!
    I hope someone will use these tracks on their game (and let me know! ;) )