Search Unity

Question OpenXR Stage tracking

Discussion in 'XR Interaction Toolkit and Input' started by JPMcWhiskers, Jul 30, 2021.

1. JPMcWhiskers

JPMcWhiskers

Hey friends!
    Quick question - I have OpenXR working and deploying successfully to my Oculus Quest 2, (Unity 2020.2.7f1), in fact everything is working, surprisingly. I'm trying to make a room scale experience, and to start I've installed the OpenXR plugin AND the Oculus XR Plugin, I have NOT installed the Oculus Integration package.

My question is: How do I make a room scale experience with OpenXR? Is there a way to disable View Reorientation and prevent the user from teleporting, or updating their orientation?

Thenks!!

2. Matt_D_work

Matt_D_work

Unity Technologies

Hi, can you please provide more information on what you're actually doing? and what issues you're running into?

3. JPMcWhiskers

JPMcWhiskers

Yes I sure can provide more info!

I'm trying to create a room-scale VR experience where the entire game takes place within the boundaries laid out by the player in the boundary setup. So far everything is going well, but the user can reset their view on demand and the world within Unity is reorganized based on the new orientation of the player.

The Oculus Integration package has some way of disabling the re-orientation button. I was just wondering if the OpenXR dll has support for that somewhere or if I could spoof that somehow.

4. the_real_apoxol

the_real_apoxol

Unity Technologies

There is no way in the default OpenXR specification and I just checked the extension list to see if Oculus has an extension for this but I do not see one yet. As Oculus transitions to fully supporting OpenXR they will likely add extensions for things like this.