Search Unity

Bug OpenXR Preview - WMR Crashes After Initilization

Discussion in 'VR' started by designleviathan, Dec 24, 2020.

1. designleviathan

designleviathan

After setting up the new OpenXR Version 0.1.1-preview.1 - then - following the steps here:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/mixed-reality/develop/unity/openxr-getting-started to add MS's MR OpenXr Plugin (0.1.1)

Running the Scene will crash the WMR 'engine' (camera goes all black and then it kicks the user back to the MR Cliff House.)

Nothing is logged to the console on this front which is annoying - the scene will run as if nothing has happened.

I can see in the scene / game view in-editor that tracking is enabled briefly at scene start / XR initialization but then it crashes the headset to cliff house and all input is lost (XR rig remains static after this point).

I think in the future it would be best to provide a stable sample project for something relatively big like this OpenXR transition that we can download, open and RE / learn from instead of having to read between the lines across several support documents from multiple vendors and already-out-of-date forum posts fruitlessly for days on end.

Perhaps I've missed this exact thing but I think that speaks to maybe how communication needs to be streamlined on this.

Headset: Odessey+
    Unity: 2020.2.1f1

OpenXR Plugin: Version 0.1.1
    Mixed Reality OpenXR Plugin: Version 0.1.1

XR Plugin Management: 4.0.0-pre.2
    Xr Legacyinputhelpers: 2.1.7
    Input System: 1.1.0-preview.1

Uploading a bug report from this project for the Eng. / Dev Teams reference.

2. mfuad

mfuad

Unity Technologies

Hi @Spaceleviathan, let us know what the case # is for your bug report and we'll make sure to take a look. Thanks!

3. designleviathan

designleviathan

Case 1301648

4. mfuad

mfuad

Unity Technologies