Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question OpenXR Errors with VRTK/Oculus Quest

Discussion in 'VR' started by alexmerenkov, Apr 5, 2021.

1. alexmerenkov

alexmerenkov

Hey Unity Forum,

I'm a San Francisco State Design senior and I'm working on a proof of concept Unity animation to be deployed on Quest 2 we are using VRTK. My instructor helped me fix my animations and create a trigger area but now after trying to follow his video about exporting my build as a .apk to my headset Unity simply refuses to build and send.

Something seems to be off or corrupted with OpenXR like it thinks OpenXR is installed but I removed it.
    I also set up my project with the export settings after I built everything and I have tried to remove and add components multiple times and I am so confused and lost. I spent so much time on my project and I can't upload it for credit or see it in the actual Oculus so I have no idea if my animations are complete trash.

Posted is a photo of my console errors, package manager, player settings, XR settings.
    Screen Shot 2021-04-04 at 7.52.15 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-04-04 at 7.57.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-04 at 7.57.24 PM.png

2. thep3000

thep3000

Unity Technologies

I think you'll want to uncheck the `Virtual Reality Supported` box under Deprecated Settings in the last screenshot. And enable Oculus in Project Settings -> XR Plug-in Management. If, for some reason you need to use the deprecated path, you'll need to remove the Oculus XR Plugin package from your project.

3. NemesisWarlock

NemesisWarlock

First, OpenXR isn't even supported below 2020.1. Second, OpenXR currently doesn't support Android builds to the Quest. As you're using a standard OVR rig anyway, you'll just want to stick with the Oculus Plugin.

To fix your current issue:

- Remove the Oculus Android and Oculus Desktop Packages (as they use Legacy VR).

- Install the XR Plugin Management Package.

- Disable the "Virtual Reality Supported" Checkbox to disable Legacy XR, and then go to "XR Plugin Management" in your project settings, and enable the Oculus Loader checkbox for both Windows and Android.