Search Unity

Resolved OpenXR controller transform not working

Discussion in 'XR Interaction Toolkit and Input' started by ConstrutoraJL, May 26, 2022.

1. ConstrutoraJL

ConstrutoraJL

I'm new to Unity and OpenXR and I'm working on a architecture project for my company. Everything was running fine until I imported Oculus integration asset (No, I didn't save a backup file)... All of a suden the controller models were stuck at my XRoringins "feet". The controllers are tracked, but they don't animate accordingly to my movement.
    This is a big problem because all the UI interfaces are linked to the left controller.

This screenshot demonstrates what happen when I run the app. Even with me holding the controllers they are stuck at the bottom of XRorigin.
    Captura de Tela (271).png
    Please Help :'D

2. VRDave_Unity

VRDave_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @ConstrutoraJL,
    Can you send some more details about your project settings? Specifically how your XR Plug-in Management is configured so we can take a look. Also, you may want to check the Active Input Mode to ensure importing the Oculus assets did not change your input mode (from Old Input Manager to New Input System or vice-versa). In these scenarios it is typically just something that changed in your configuration.

ConstrutoraJL likes this.
  3. ConstrutoraJL

ConstrutoraJL

Hey thanks for the answer! But I mannaged to fix it by unninstalling Oculus integration asset.

4. TJoE70

TJoE70

I am having the same problem and need to keep the Oculus asset 40.0 as I am developing using both the Steam Index and Oculus Quest 2. The interaction system was working as intended until the Oculus asset was installed. I have remade the project numerous times and have confirmed that the asset is the root cause of the issue.

I went by the standard setup as outlined for the XR Interaction Toolkit 2.0.2 (action-based) and I am using Unity 2021.3.4f1 for the project. I have separate game objects for the locomotion system (which has added components for continuous turn/move), XR interaction manager, and input action manager (already has XRI default input actions under its Action Assets). I also confirmed that the inputs are still working for other interactions as the locomotion system still worked (i.e. registered inputs and moved player [XR Origin] accordingly) and I could also change the XR Origin>Tracking Origin Mode to Device to "lift" the devices off the floor then use the ray interactor on the controllers to grab a grab interactable object. The controllers also still rotate based on input; they just will not move from the origin/starting position. Does this bug apply? Unity Issue Tracker - XR Plugin Management - Oculus + disabled OpenXR w/ Oculus Touch Profile causes controller tracking issues. (unity3d.com)

started a new thread since this one is resolved - Question - Controllers Not Tracking/Moving From Origin (OpenXR, Interaction Toolkit 2.0.2, Oculus Integration) - Unity Forum

Last edited: Jun 16, 2022
  5. TonyVT

TonyVT

My discoveries are that:
    - You had better not use OpenXR together with the Oculus package (it is not going to work)
    - On PC, if you are using OpenXR, it's better to use the Action-based XR Rigs. If you are using Device-based XR Rigs, use the integrations of the vendors.
    If you do not do this, the risk is having controllers locked into the origin

junaid109 likes this.
  6. matthew_gigante

matthew_gigante

To update anyone coming here for updates or looking for a solution, if you are using OpenXR in conjunction with Oculus Integration, using OpenXR version 1.5.3 or 1.2.8 fixes this issue.

7. ASquareDevs

ASquareDevs

I'm still having issues even when changing to either of these versions. What version of Unity was your project in? I'm currently in Unity Version 2021.3.7f1

8. TacticalSpace

TacticalSpace