Search Unity

OpenVR failed initialization with error code Unknown error (126)

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by Adam-Romney, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Adam-Romney

Adam-Romney

Ahoy,

SteamVR is installed. SteamVR plugin has been added to the project. I do not have a VR device. Trying to setup project while it is being delivered. OpenVR SDK has been added via Other Settings.

Running any scene yields the following error:
    VR: OpenVR Error! OpenVR failed initialization with error code Unknown error (126): "Unknown error (126)"!

Does the SteamVR fail a setup process if no device is detected?

2. Adam-Romney

Adam-Romney

Should anyone else come across this. The language that doesn't print in the editor:

Compositor failed to initialize.Compositor failed to initialize.VR: OpenVR Error! OpenVR failed initialization with error code VRInitError_Init_HmdNotFoundPresenceFailed: "Hmd Not Found Presence Failed (126)"!

3. Zendist

Zendist

Thanks, just googled this. I do not have a HMD but wish to develop for them anyhow, guess OpenVR disagrees.

4. Elchtest

Elchtest

When I disconnect the Vive and try to launch OpenVR, I get the same. It would be interesting how this can be handled properly when you try to switch to VR mode with a key, but it doesn't work because no HMD is connected, that it would fallback to "None" mode for VR.

So far (like documented here http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/game-with-screen-mode-and-vr-mode.418479/ ) if UnityEngine.VR.VRDevice.isPresent is false after two frames of trying to switch, I fall back to "None" VR mode. But this hangs up the Unity Editor and I need to unpause two times before getting back to normal.

5. Alverik

Alverik