Search Unity

OpenVR Error! "Log path could not be located (112)"

Discussion in 'VR' started by Ganiester, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Ganiester

Ganiester

So, I've been pulling my hair for the last two days and don't know whats wrong. After borrowing my Vive to my sister for a while I got it back and tried using it for my old project. Now I realized that SteamVR had been updated so I could not run it using my outdated code, so I updated the latest Steam plugin but I get problems. After cleaning most of the problems I realized I still have a big one that I cannot get around, the dreaded "Log path could not be located (112)" followed by Virtual Reality SDK OpenVR failed to initialize.

I've tried with different unity version with fresh projects. I've tried the SteamVR 1.25 plugin instead of the new, still same problem. I have reinstalled the driver (changed USB ports) for the Vive and checked that it works for other games still no luck. I've made sure that the OpenVr is installed through the package manager and tried both the 1.0.2 version as well as the 1.0.1 version. Finally I've checked that the OpenVr is added in the edit->Project settings->player and that the Virtual Reality Supported is checked.

I've mostly used the latest version of Unity 2018.3.0f2 but as I said I've tried others. I am using a new computer then when I first made the project and I'm thinking perhaps I'm making a big mistake where I am missing something simple. Do I install OpenVr myself separately? Anyone got any idea? I've googled the S*** out of this and found absolutely nothing.

SPECs:
    Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    CPU
    Intel Core i7 7700 @ 3.60GHz
    Kaby Lake 14nm Technology
    RAM
    16,0GB
    Motherboard
    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING (LGA1151)
    Graphics
    ROG PG248Q (1920x1080@144Hz)
    SyncMaster (1680x1050@60Hz)
    2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (Gigabyte)
    Storage
    465GB Samsung SSD 970 EVO 500GB (Unknown (SSD))
    465GB Samsung SSD 970 EVO 500GB (Unknown (SSD))
    111GB Corsair Force GT (SATA (SSD))
    298GB SAMSUNG HD322HJ (SATA )
    1863GB Seagate ST2000DM001-1ER164 (SATA )
    Audio
    Realtek High Definition Audio

InMindStudios likes this.
  2. Ganiester

Ganiester

Well finally fixed it. Apperently the file openvrpaths.vrpath in C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\openvr\ contained path to my backup drive steam location and not the path to my current drive.

So changing the file to:

{
    "config" : [ "G:\\Steam\\config" ],
    "external_drivers" : null,
    "jsonid" : "vrpathreg",
    "log" : [ "G:\\Steam\\logs" ],
    "runtime" : [
    "G:\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\SteamVR\\",
    "G:\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\SteamVR"
    ],
    "version" : 1
    }

did the trick. Hope this helps someone out there.

InMindStudios and Rimmersworld1 like this.
  3. Rimmersworld1

Rimmersworld1

You're a legend pal. Been struggling with this one for a few days now, worked a treat. Many thanks!!

4. ZC_Mbeius

ZC_Mbeius

Thanks a lot!but my problem is that when I use chinese to name the exe file,some chinese name cause this error.so,finally,I use english to name my software.

5. BoltScripts

BoltScripts

What a legend. Dunno how this got messed up but my file had bunch of different paths in it that didnt need to be there. i guess after messing around and moving steamvr app a bunch it just got confused. Deleted the vrpath file and launched steamvr created a new non broken file. ez fix.

6. DreamerYinYu

DreamerYinYu

您好,我也是这样的问题,当我用中文命名时,报错
    OpenVR Error! "Log path could not be located (112)"。这是什么原因啊?

7. InMindStudios

InMindStudios

You are a wonderful person! Got my broken game to open i VR again! THANK YOU! Now to solve all the other fiften red warnings from my old project ^^