Search Unity

Opening SDK Monitor "Windows Cannot find "lib\monitor-location""

Discussion in 'Android' started by glasshalfemptygames, Aug 23, 2019.

1. glasshalfemptygames

glasshalfemptygames

This issue is driving me nuts, I want to monitor apps on the android but I keep getting this error when I try to open Monitor in the tools folder. I've tried the Unity installed version and I've downloaded Android Studio to use it's version and it does the exact same thing.

I've run CMD as administrative, i've changed files from read only. I cannot find the answer on google

EDIT: Apparently, Monitor has been deprecated. Apparently you use the adb logcat in CMD. Good to know. lol

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
    markkmlam, Berty_Bert and FardinHaque like this.
  2. idurvesh

idurvesh

how do you do it?

3. glenneroo

glenneroo

Assuming you are on windows, open a CMD window. Go to the directory where adb.exe is located e.g.:
    cd C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2019.4.17f1\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer\SDK\tools

Then run logcat as follows:
    adb logcat | findstr -i unity

Note: This will also show all of your Debug.Log() entries. If you don't want to see those, you can also do this:
    adb logcat -s Unity

astracat111 and thr339uys like this.
  4. aadityakirans

aadityakirans

Hi there, I was also facing the same issue as the gentleman earlier and doing this doesn't do much, some text shows up on the command like like this.

upload_2021-10-29_16-10-42.png

A year back, I was using monitor.bat and it was working fine but somewhere down the line it stopped working I guess. Do you have any solution to this?

Attached Files:

5. uharlass

uharlass

Hello,
    I'm also facing the same issue: the Monitor Batch File in the Android SDK doesn't open, since 'lib\monitor-location' can't be found. Has there been a solution since the last posts?

6. peanut23

peanut23

7. roman-yaremchuk

roman-yaremchuk

I was getting error when was trying to run monitor.bat "Windows cannot find 'lib\monitor-location'...." and even .exe files of minor didn't work.

I came up with going to the location of adb.exe IN CMD (!!!):

C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2021.3.7f1\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer\SDK\platform-tools

and run adb logcat | findstr -i unity

8. Micuda

Micuda

I had the same problem (Win 11, Unity 2020.3.43f1) and I actually solved it by installing latest Java JRE.

You can also try to run monitor.exe file directly located in C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2020.3.43f1\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer\SDK\tools\lib\monitor-x86_64\. Running that file actually gave me an error regarding missing JAVA. When I was running monitor.bat in ....AndroidPlayer\SDK\Tools I was given the message described in this thread

9. sohailahmad1122

sohailahmad1122

I solve is by adding JAVA_HOME variable to same install editor openJDK path

10. unity_9K3zmvRzUeLscw

unity_9K3zmvRzUeLscw

I had the same problem but when I installed Java I could run the .bat file just fine. Although I don't know why.