Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Opening old version of Cloud Project, Collab want's update!

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by nobluff67, May 25, 2019.

1. nobluff67

nobluff67

I have updated to the new version of Unity Hub, now things have changed and I dont know how to fix it. I will try to explain without images so if you dont understand and need images, please let me know and I will capture some.

• The old hub version gave you options for cloud storage and local storage, it now seems like the new version has both mixed together.
    • I now have several version of my project available to be opened (from the previous cloud open that asks for local storage directory). So far so good.
    • I open a project from a few days ago (my recent projects have been corrupted in a way that the game plays, yet the lighting is buggy). I open an old version as the changes made in the newer versions are minor, and the newer version display the aforementioned issue. At this stage I WANT the old version.
    • The old version of project I opened is fine, everything works as expected, the buggy lighting issue is no longer.
    • The collab tab now has orange arrow saying I have 7 revisions, I DONT want those revisions.
    • I have attempted to restore via project history, yet all it gives me is update option (I think it used to be restore previously).
    I am stuck, please help me restore my older version of a project without collab nagging me that I am 7 revisions behind.

Do I maybe have to delete local versions? If no, what do I need to do?

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @nobluff67, if you want the older version of your project and you don't have any local changes that you're worried about losing in the process, then you can update to the latest revision and after then, from the Collab History window, Go Back to the version that you want. From that version, you can open the Collab Toolbar and Publish to undo the changes made from the more recent commits that you don't want anymore and continue developing from that point.

If you do have local changes that you want to save then copy-paste those changes outside of your project's Assets directory first, then follow the above steps before pasting them back in.