Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Opening a tutorial's tab causes to break other tabs

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by ramin_ginmaru, Jan 5, 2022.

1. ramin_ginmaru

ramin_ginmaru

Hello there.
    I open a game from Unity Hub's 'Learn' tab and try to work on in-built tutorials. When I open tutorials my tabs with 'Scene View', 'Game', 'Hierarchy' and 'Asset Store' stuck and doesn't work.
    broken.png

If I choose any default layout from menu 'Window'->'Layouts' it works great.
    ok.png

I found 'UI Toolkit Debugger' in the Unity Editor and detected that broken tabs have incorrect size and/or coordinates.
    debugger.png

So, as far as I understand opening tutorials causes layout's 'rebuilding' and breaks some UI values for this tabs.
    I saved broken layout to file and deleted stucked tabs manually by text editor. There isn't stucked UI area in the editor when I load layout from edited file, but if I load any lesson of the tutorial this bug appeares again. So, I need every time save layout to file and manually edit it to fix stucked UI area when I open a lesson of a tutorial.
    I can just open this tabs in the separate window that hovers stuck UI area and work, but it's not comfortable for me.

I downloaded Unity Hub from official site.
    Unity 2020.3.24f1

My system:
    $ uname -a
    > Linux ***** 5.11.0-44-generic #48~20.04.2-Ubuntu SMP Tue Dec 14 15:36:44 UTC 2021 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Hope on you, guys!

2. cris177

cris177

Hello! I am having the same issue, it makes it impossible to complete the tutorials.

3. Alcsi69

Alcsi69

Same for me on Manjaro XFCE. :(