Search Unity

Opengl ES2 devices can not launch my game

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by jeyjey11, Feb 2, 2019.

1. jeyjey11

jeyjey11

Hi!
    I think I have a ram issue. I would like to show you my process of handling things. Can you tell me what am I doing wrong performance wise? My game is mobile both for android and ios.
    1. I am using a single sprite atlas which contains all of my sprites. So that I can get lower draw call and access all my sprites with SpriteAtlas.GetSprite()

2. I am forcing OpenGL es2 to be able to run on older devices.
    3. I have a SpriteManager singleton class which has a reference to my single sprite atlas. So whenever I need a sprite I call SpriteManager.Instance.AtlasReference.GetSprite("spriteName")
    4. I tried setting my atlas's compression method to DXT5. This made older devices ram usage drop to 150-200 mb's but new devices use 700 mb's. This made things worse I guess since more old devices are crashing on the splash screen. When I was using ETC2, new devices use 300 mb's.
    5. My game is very UI dependent. I have every screens game objects ready on my scene. Every screen has a canvas component. I am showing/hiding screens via canvas.enabled. Is having a lot of UI objects on the screen from the get-go problem? (attached an ss)

6. Does sprite atlas somehow register all the sprite data to ram? Also, are my sprites duplicating since I've UI images on the scene with the sprites that I have in a folder. They are included in sprite atlas but maybe due to referencing, they are also included in the build. (attached an ss)

I have a lot of people complaining on Google Play about not being able to launch the game. They are all using opengl es2 supported devices.

Can you help me, please?