Search Unity

OpenGL crash in windows on high refresh-rate monitors from Unity 2018.3.6 onward

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by ConanB, Jun 27, 2019.

1. ConanB

ConanB

I've come across a rather annoying problem in that from Unity 2018.3.6 onward (including 2019.1 and the alpha/betas), whenever I create a Windows standalone build using OpenGLCore as the API, it will crash on device creation (I'm assuming) when using high refresh-rate monitors.

On a Razer Blade 15 laptop with an RTX 2070 and a 144Hz in-built monitor the build crashes with the following error dialog and attached log file:
    Capture.PNG

The problem also occurs on numerous machines in our lab running Nvidia Quadro M6000 on 120Hz monitors. However, if I set the refresh rate of the monitors to be 60/80Hz they work fine, but at 100/120/144Hz they give the same error.

This is extremely annoying because we require OpenGL for Quadro framelock/sync and quad-buffering.

Builds work fine in 2018.3.5 and earlier versions of Unity, but something seems to have changed from 2018.3.6. Has anyone else come across this issue? Surely I can't be the only one, what with modern monitors using high refresh rates, or are people not using OpenGL on windows at all?

Note: I had originally started a thread in the Windows sub-forum but this issue seems to be tied to Unity's OpenGL.

Attached Files:

• log.txt
      File size:
      11.8 KB
      Views:
  2. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

Please submit a bug-report as described in this document:
    https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/bug-reporting

It's important that you report these issues together with a reproduction project if you want them to get fixed. If you don't do it, it might be a long time until someone else reports them or until Unity Technologies find them.

After you submitted the bug-report, you receive a confirmation email with a bug-report Case number. Please post the Case number (number only, not the link) in this forum thread for Unity staff to pick up.

3. ConanB

ConanB

1165399 is the bug I posted a few days ago.

Peter77 likes this.