Search Unity

Games OpenFPS - An open-source community made game just started.

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Deleted User, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi,

First off, if this is the wrong forum pls let me know which, if any, I should post it in.

I have begun a open source fps/role-playing project, using the latest version of unity3D (2018.2).

The initial project is now on github. I am passing on the details, hoping some of you might be interested in joinijng/help make the game. - The project in my mind at least, will be a sci-fi fps similar to games like System Shock and Deus EX.

I am a coder, so artists could help too if interested.

Here is the url for anyone interested - if you wish to have github access to help, please give me your github username, and I'll add you. You can download the latest version without a username, but you need one to help develop the game.

https://github.com/AntRobWells35/OpenFPS

If anyone wishes to contact me directly about joining, pls email me at antonyrwells@outlook.com

2. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

Thanks, I'll check it out. I love the thought of a 3D-ish ui like most modern games.

4. Deleted User

Deleted User

Now using the new ui as you suggest, works great - I love how you can rotate/move the elements in 3D space.

5. Deleted User

Deleted User

Here's the menu, video bg and the new ui as the menu.

Attached Files:

6. Deleted User

Deleted User

Coming along nicely, herre is a shot of the open-fps front end, with video bg and 3d ui.

The 2nd shot is of a test campaign, called negativeplus.

7. gpgothic

gpgothic

Hello,

What kind of FPS game do you want to make? Arena shooter, modern military, stealth?

Thanks.

8. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi,

The general "OpenFPS" part is a general toolkit for most kinds of fps (In intent, early days yet) so it would be usable for games like dues ex, call of duty etc.

I'm not sure what I'll do with it. I might sell it as a tool-kit on the unity store. Maybe free ware version too.

Negative plus is a test game I'm trying to make using it, so I can test its features. I'm not a 3d artist though, so if you or any one can help in that regard that'll be great.

Cheers.