Search Unity

OpenFeint social notifications not posting

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by matt-johnson, Mar 1, 2010.

1. matt-johnson

matt-johnson

Hey all,

I'm currently using OF 2.4.4 with the Unity plugin. Everything seems to be working fine except my social notification never seem to make it to my Twitter / FB feeds.

Anyone else experience this? I have my accounts set up and enabled and the dialog asking for confirmation comes up when the call is made, but not post.

Thanks,
    Matt

2. Dreamora

Dreamora

I would recommend to post on the OF boards on problems with OF and their implementation - plugin as you will likely get more feedback especially if it is an OF specific problem

3. jerrodputman

jerrodputman

If your app has not been "submitted for approval" in the OpenFeint Developer Dashboard, the notifications will NOT post to your Twitter and Facebook account. This is actually explained in a very, very hidden section of their documentation (very last paragraph of this page: http://www.openfeint.com/developers/support/index.php/kb/article/000034), and it tripped me up for a long time as well.

4. matt-johnson

matt-johnson

Thanks for the helpful reply Jerrod. I did eventually come to this realization :oops:

5. scinfu

scinfu

i have this error ... What means ?

6. Marenki

Marenki

7. scinfu

scinfu

thank you :)

8. Bampf

Bampf

I just found this thread; thanks for confirming what I suspected about the social notifications.

Here's a (possibly) related question. My game is unlocking achievements, and they show up on the dashboard when I navigate to the list of achievements. What I'm NOT seeing is any notification on the screen when an achievement was just unlocked. I set Allow Notifications to true in Unity, and with the Xcode debugger I've verified that the default delegate isOpenFeintNotificationAllowed is returning true. I even see the list of achievements when I'm in offline mode.

Should I be seeing the Acheivement Unlocked notification, even though I haven't submitted the app to OpenFeint yet?

9. Bampf

Bampf

Responding to my own issue of not getting achievement notifications: short answer is yes, I should be seeing the notification even though the app hasn't been submitted to OF yet.

This is not definite, but someone in a Torque forum reported a similar problem here:
    http://www.torquepowered.com/community/forums/viewthread/104583/5
    Their experiences and mine indicate possibly a bug with OpenFeint 2.7.5. Unfortunately the workaround they discuss does not seem to be accessible via the Unity plugin yet (setting an achievement's % complete to 100.)

I have emailed OpenFeint for help.

10. Bampf

Bampf

Got no response from OpenFeint yet, but I did find a workaround. The details are written up on my blog:
    http://www.mindthecube.com/blog/2010/11/openfeint-2-7-5-not-notifying-of-achievement

Summary: examination of the OpenFeint 2.7.5 code seems to indicate that notifications are disabled for the standard OpenFeint.UnlockAchievement call. I don't know why, but I was able to add OpenFeint.UpdateAchievement to the Unity OpenFeint wrapper class- it lets the calling script to set both the % complete and whether to display a notification or not.