Search Unity

OpenCL Memory Issues

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by nieseltje, Apr 10, 2020.

1. nieseltje

nieseltje

I had a power outage this morning while I was working in Unity. Power comes back on, start Unity again, no problems so far. But when I start baking my lights with Progressive GPU I get this error:

OpenCL Error. Falling back to CPU lightmapper. Error callback from context: Max allocation size supported by this device is 2.00 GB. 3.00 GB requested.
    And more, but they all imply the same issue (see bottom of post).

I also get an error about overlapping UV's but that was there before too (and I can't do much about that).
    I have been working on this project for 2 weeks now and never had an issue. I have used a game to see if it was my computer or GPU having an issue, but they both show 8GB of memory.

The power outage may be completely unrelated but it started happening after that.
    I have tried turning down the bake settings, but even at a lightmap size of 512 I get that error while I used to bake at 2048. I also tried turning down all the sample values, bounces and the lightmap resolution.
    I also opened a different project, but they all have this issue.

The whole project is about making it look realistic so I want to get this solved as quickly as possible.
    Thanks in advance!

I'm using Unity 2019.3.7f1, standard render pipeline. My GPU is a GTX1070

OpenCL Error. Falling back to CPU lightmapper. Error callback from context: CL_MEM_OBJECT_ALLOCATION_FAILURE
    OpenCL Error. Falling back to CPU lightmapper. Error callback from context: CL_MEM_OBJECT_ALLOCATION_FAILURE error executing CL_COMMAND_NDRANGE_KERNEL on GeForce GTX 1070 (Device 0)
    OpenCL Error. Falling back to CPU lightmapper. Error callback from context: CL_MEM_OBJECT_ALLOCATION_FAILURE error executing CL_COMMAND_WRITE_BUFFER on GeForce GTX 1070 (Device 0)

I get the first one 13 times, the second one 8 and the last one 5 times.

2. Immersive-Matthew

Immersive-Matthew

I get the same error but only when I added reflection probes or bump the lightmap resolution up. I am on 2019.3.12f1. About to upgrade to 13f1. Hope it fixes it.

3. lazylukey

lazylukey

Getting the same error with a RTX 2060 6GB on a reasonably small scene. I am on 2019.3.12f1. @nieseltje Out of interest did you recently upgrade your graphics driver?