Search Unity

Question Open XR and Oculus Quest 2

Discussion in 'VR' started by Diskomuz, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Diskomuz

Diskomuz

Hello is there any undivided tutorial for build app with using Open XR and Oculus Quest 2. Setup Open XR with new Input system is Ok in Unity, but i have strong problem with working it in Oculus Quest 2 (no detection of headset, controllers in Quest 2)... App loaded into VR.

2. colinleet

colinleet

On the Quest it's unsupported nativity till later this year, just use Quest 2 Link for now, or stick with the Oculus Plugin (for XR Management)… It's much less buggy and it'll be not too hard to switch once OpenXR is baked in a few months if you're already using the new input system. That's basically what I'm doing till then (after checking out OpenXR for the past week).

I doubt there are a lot of project tutorials specifically for what you're asking since it's only been 6 weeks since the first OpenXR preview came out, and it's only been partially usable in Oculus for the past couple weeks if you're using the beta Oculus desktop app (due to occlusion mesh errors).

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
    Diskomuz likes this.
  3. Matt_D_work

Matt_D_work

Unity Technologies

Diskomuz likes this.
  4. eblavender

eblavender

Diskomuz and Thomas-Mountainborn like this.
  5. Thomas-Mountainborn

Thomas-Mountainborn

Getting full OpenXR support on all platforms should really be a priority, so we can finally leave this four year period of leaving developers to sort out cross platform support behind us.

6. eblavender

eblavender

I did manage to find this if anyone is interested, it is a roadmap for all things VR and AR.
    AR/VR (unity.com)

hookmanuk likes this.
  7. hookmanuk

hookmanuk

Good to hear they are working on quest support for OpenXR. It's a shame that it launched without supporting the largest VR platform. Hopefully when quest support does come I should be able to port my games I've built on OpenXR relatively easily though.

8. Suwas93

Suwas93

Are there any updates on this?

ceitel likes this.
  9. DaveA

DaveA

2020.3.19f and I see 'Oculus Quest Support' on the OpenXR Feature Groups, but when I build the sample Controllers app for it, nothing. What gives?