Search Unity

Question Open XR 1.1.1 from 1.0.3 Controller rotation 90 degrees out

Discussion in 'XR Interaction Toolkit and Input' started by mk1987, May 3, 2021.

1. mk1987

mk1987

Hi there,

I've been using Open XR for the last 3 months or so, had some initial teething trouble with Open XR rotation but this was easily sorted going towards XR Controller (Action-based) reading what's on the forums.

Unfortunately due to upgrading to 2020.3.6f1 from 3.4 this updated open xr from 1.03 to 1.1.1 and whilst 3.6 solved whatever intermittent crashing issue I had within the editor (great!), both my controllers are now 90 degrees out in X (so Z, my vector of interest now points up not forward on my controllers). I am using oculus quest with oculus link and had no problems with this with the previous version (controller orientations are fine within Oculus Rift and Steam VR as they were with editor 3.4 and open xr 1.03).

Assuming this is a bug, is there a way i can put a processor on the rotation to rotate the device rotation in XR Controller (Action-based)? I can fix at least the ray cast in runtime by applying a 90deg rotation to the original attach gameobject but its not obvious to me how i can fix that outside the editor as that object is created at runtime. There is a chance i redid my controller assets and put some function in somewhere for 1.03 that sorted out the rotation for that version which is not applicable to 1.1.1 but if i can understand what changes are between those two versions i can look at it to fix this.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    Mark

EDIT: Noticed duplicate thread, but cant see how to delete this.. please feel free to delete this

Last edited: May 3, 2021
  2. langokalla

langokalla

3. the_real_apoxol

the_real_apoxol

Unity Technologies

The link posted above should hopefully answer your question, if not let me know.

4. mk1987

mk1987

Thanks both, it did sort it. I found the thread not long after but couldn't work out how to delete this thread on the forum.