Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Open Url from ProjectTiny

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by wakeunity, Sep 23, 2020.

1. wakeunity

wakeunity

Hi, is there a way to open URL in Tiny game?
    In regular Unity, this is done via Application.OpenURL ("www.somewebsite.com");

2. JonasMumm

JonasMumm

A solution for web-based games is using js extension code if that's what your looking for, detailed here: https://forum.unity.com/threads/how-to-load-a-website-or-url-link.651349/#post-6339348
    Unfortunately js extensions don't work for other platforms, but I haven't seen anyone come up with a solution for them either. I'm currently trying to find a way to make it work on Android using native extensions described in the getting started guide, but without much success, partly because there seem to be no working examples of how to use native extensions yet.
    So question directed at the Project Tiny team: When can we expect support for opening urls to come build-in with Tiny? I feel like this is the feature request that currently comes up most frequently in the forum. Alternatively, are any examples for working with Native extensions planed?

tonialatalo, JamesArndt and wakeunity like this.