Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Open Scenes in separate Scene Views

Discussion in '5.3 Beta' started by movra, Nov 16, 2015.

1. movra

movra

When Multiple Scene Editing was first announced, I imagined that each Scene would get its own Scene View.

In the actual feature in Unity 5.3 all Scenes are layered on top of each other in a single Scene View.

But I wonder if there are use-case scenarios where loading Scene side-by-side, as in my initial thoughts, would be preferable. For example, when you want to combine pieces of unrelated Scenes into a new Scene. Or A-B testing several variations of the same Scene.

2. Mads-Nyholm

Mads-Nyholm

Unity Technologies

Hi,

The goal with multi scene editing has been to improve the workflow with streaming worlds and improve collaboration on level editing by being able to split levels up in to several smaller scenes.
    I can see having separate scenes in separate Scene Views could be useful but has not been part of the initial goal with multi scene editing. We will consider to make it possible to filter scenes in each Scene View in the future.

movra likes this.