Search Unity

Open Project

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by SJO3000, Sep 7, 2019.

1. SJO3000

SJO3000

How do you open a project? It's nothing but download download download download download download download download download download download download download over and over.

2. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

No, not normally it isn't. Moreover, downloading a project and opening a project are completely unrelated activities. I think you'll need to back up and describe more carefully what exactly you're doing.

3. SJO3000

SJO3000

I can't even open a project. All I do is wait for a long time. The tutorials provide no clear information.

4. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

How do you even have a project to open? Did you create one?

Let's back up. When you launch Unity, it will prompt you to create a new project. You type in a name, and if you want you can click a button to choose where to save it; otherwise it saves to some default location. It then writes out the empty project to disk, and opens it up.

Have you gotten this far? If not, please try again, and post a screenshot of where you are stuck. And be sure to also mention (1) what version of Unity this is, (2) what OS (and its version) you are running. The more details you provide, the more likely somebody here can help.

Joe-Censored likes this.