Search Unity

Open project folder in unity via right clcking (registry patch)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by createdbyx, Dec 1, 2012.

1. createdbyx

createdbyx

$OpenWithUnity.png

I have attached a registry patch file that allows windows users to right click on any folder and open it with unity.

Just download the attached OpenWithUnity.txt file. Then rename the file extention from .txt to .reg. You can then right click the file and select merge.

NOTE: If you have installed unity other then the default location C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\unity.exe. You will want to edit the file in notepad before merging.

ALSO NOTE: Merging under windows 8 is immediate. Earlier versions of windows may require you to close Windows Explorer and re open windows explorer for the option to become available when right clicking a folder.

Attached Files:

2. RigoCL

RigoCL

Great!

Just what I needed.

thx

3. Nubz

Nubz

Sure why not?

I should just jump and download a registry patch that could do who knows what to my system just because you say its ok?

Not trying to be a jerk just pointing out that this is a terrible idea to just download and use such things from some random person on a forum.

AND this post is about 3 years old.

4. zoran404

zoran404

I've red the file, seems legit. But I think it would put this option on every folder, which would be annoying.
    Plus it sucks that they didn't show how to undo this.

I'd rather stick with opening projects through Unity.

5. rakkarage

rakkarage