Search Unity

Open Multiple VFX Graph windows?

Discussion in 'Visual Effect Graph' started by _slash_, Jan 24, 2021.

1. _slash_

_slash_

I'm pretty sure this was possible in 2019+ but for some reason in 2020+ I cannot open multiple graphs at the same time, the VFX Graph window is unique, and loading a subgraph or another graph completely replaces its content.

Am I crazy and it never existed? Is there a reason for this behavior or a will to allow it later on?

Thanks

dog_funtom likes this.
  2. JulienF_Unity

JulienF_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi, no multiple VFX graph view at the same time has never been implemented. This is however something we're looking at, as this will improve workflows a lot (especially when using subgraphs)

JDoe1, LooperVFX and _slash_ like this.
  3. _slash_

_slash_

Then I must be crazy!
    Yes that's my main use case, being able to open Subgraphs at the same time. But also copy-paste from different main VFX Graphs, now that I think about it I might have used two instances of unity to make this work in the past

4. shall_unity

shall_unity

Came here to ask about this. The ability to only load one graph at a time and work efficiently across multiple graphs kills me. I hope support for opening multiple graphs comes soon.

5. JDoe1

JDoe1

Oh yes please!

6. Marc_unit

Marc_unit

I'm looking forward to it. Really, please.

7. azmi_unity

azmi_unity

Upvote. Makes it easier to copy between graphs.

8. Julien-A

Julien-A

Unity Technologies

Hi,
    I'm happy to tell you that multiple VFX windows will be available in Unity 2022.1 (even sooner in 2022.1 alpha16).
    And along with this feature, you'll notice a revamp toolbar with a dedicated button to go back to parent graph when a subgraph is opened.