Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Open JDK will not install

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by Hiddenworlds225, May 2, 2020.

1. Hiddenworlds225

Hiddenworlds225

Ok, so I try to install Open JDK on Unity 2019.3.12f1 on Windows 10, but it never even reaches the installation folder. Is there a workaround or just give up on it?

Yes, I have tried repeatedly and it was marked every time, but it just won't install into the folder.

I would ask technical, but I don't see a way to contact them at this point.

Should I also make a bug ticket?

2. InTheCloudStudios

InTheCloudStudios

We have the same issue, here. I'd really like to see the solution.

I have tried on 3 different installs of Unity, all with the same outcome of no installation taking place.

3. InTheCloudStudios

InTheCloudStudios

I ended up installing the SDK from Oracle, and was able to move passed this, and compile my code.

Files Here: https://www.oracle.com/java/technologies/javase/javase-jdk8-downloads.html

Once it installed Unity auto detected it in the External Tools Dialog, under preferences. Happy Coding.

4. Hiddenworlds225

Hiddenworlds225

Yhea That's somewhat what I did. I went to the editor folder and found the modules.json file. Then I looked for the Open JDK download link.

After that, I extracted all the files into the Open JDK folder.

So basically I took the complicated route. But It's all working now, lol.

MagicMiikka likes this.
  5. InTheCloudStudios

InTheCloudStudios

Well, all roads lead to Rome, lol. My route wasnt much easier probably, took a few tries to find the correct Ver.

Glad We're both up and running!

6. chelseafaza896

chelseafaza896

Yes it's working now!

7. Hiddenworlds225

Hiddenworlds225

Yhea lol, so the downloading works, but it doesn't install correctly. That is the issue here.

8. adrian1111

adrian1111

Having the same problem here, but then Oracle wont let me download the file, it tells me the site is down and after checking I see the site isnt down, but I have some sinking feeling that my location is being disqualified for some reason.
    (I am in Australia, never usually have any problems with this location)
    I use this link https://www.oracle.com/java/technologies/javase/javase-jdk8-downloads.html
    then click the link for x64 then agree to the license and it gives me this BS
    • This site is experiencing technical difficulty. We are aware of the issue and are working as quick as possible to correct the issue.
    Does anybody know of a mirror for the download or know of any other workaround please?

9. Hiddenworlds225

Hiddenworlds225

Usually, the issue of the JDK not installing is due to your antivirus. I have Avast, so I just have to disable all my shields for an hour, then let it install. It fixes itself just fine.

As for Oracle, They don't actually have the correct version as the latest Java 8 Dev Kit (The one Unity uses) is based on Update Patch 152, whilst Oracle's is Update Patch 261.(Unity doesn't detect the updated version for me)

As for a mirror, every editor has a modules.json file, which has every download url needed. I went through mine and found the JDK url http://download.unity3d.com/downloa...bc74128f6955cd90fd5afe15ea7be60f832de67b4.zip

extracted it, then through all the contents of the folder into C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2019.4.8f1\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer\OpenJDK

It should work with all versions though, so don't worry too much.

Raf1369 likes this.
  10. cdr9042

cdr9042

So I got this problem because Unity Hub doesn't have Admin privilege, even though my current Window account has it.
    Two options to fix this:
    1. Install Unity Editor in any drive other than C where you have full control, write, edit permission without having to provide it through Window's S***ty permission system
    2. Follow the steps in this answer to gain full control over your folders
    https://superuser.com/posts/1191778/revisions
    1 Open This Pc
    2 Right Click On Local Disk C:
    3 Click on Properties
    4 Select the Security tab
    5 Click on Advanced
    You may add your windows username by clicking on Add or select the [YourComputer]>\Administrators and Click Edit
    Step 6
    Click On Show Advanced Permissions at the right corner of the form.
    Check Full Control and Press OK and close all windows.​

azporispo and wagenheimer like this.
  11. Hiddenworlds225

Hiddenworlds225

Mine was just the antivirus accidentally blocking it. But that could be another possibility...