Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Open Fire Gold video Post Mortem

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by guategeek_legacy, Nov 5, 2009.

1. guategeek_legacy

guategeek_legacy

Hi fellow Unityrs

After many months of neglect I dusted off the video files we had shot during the development of our little arcade game Open Fire Gold and edited together a somewhat amusing (to me at least) post mortem of the development. I Thought some of you might enjoy seeing it.

For those that don't know Open Fire Gold is the successor to an arcade game called Open Fire that was made way back in the Unity 1.3 days. It was (as far as I know) the first game not made by the Unity3d guys (then know as Over the Edge Entertainment) that was officially released; and was developed by Kevin Linderman with graphics by myself. We were quite proud to be the first game made with Unity in the wild.

A number of years latter after coxing a friend into trying out unity we decided to remake Open Fire Gold (the original source code broke after Unity 1.6 came out). And Open Fire Gold is the fruit of that labor. Well not anything spectacular like the many great games made in Unity these days, it was a fun learning project for the two of us.

Open Fire Gold Video Post Mortem

2. psychicparrot

psychicparrot

Thanks for the postmortem ... it's always interesting to hear other developers experiences.

It made me want to go shoot some footage of our game in development - perhaps we'll get a postmortem video together at the end, as right now it's crunch time! :)

3. DrHotbunz

DrHotbunz

Interesting view. Liked it.