Search Unity

Open File Browser and load in my game

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by MagicFrame, Sep 19, 2014.

1. MagicFrame

MagicFrame

Hi, I am developing a simple app with Unity for Mac and Windows, I would like that the app could upload images in real time, as I can open the file browser and upload a picture to display within the app? Any example would be of great help, thanks

2. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

It's not totally clear what you want to do. You can use the WWW class to upload data to a web server, could be an image or text, or whatever you want. The WWW class can also download textures.

3. shkar-noori

shkar-noori

I don't think that platform's native file browser is implemented.

4. MagicFrame

MagicFrame

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  5. MagicFrame

MagicFrame

I need use this function on my compiled game, I work on a game for PC, and have a scene for create user perfil, in this perfil I have a square for the user put your photo, this photo have select from the hard disk, I need open the file browers for that my users can upload his photos. Sorry for my english

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  6. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

The doc link you mention is for an editor-only feature. If you want a file browser for a standalone PC and Mac app, then you'll need to write one. You can use regular .net file and folder classes. Note that Unity web player games have no access to the hard drive.

7. MagicFrame

MagicFrame

Ok I understand, you know if there is any example of how to create my own file browser? Some example or something like that?

8. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

9. MagicFrame

MagicFrame

Thanks!

10. PygmyMonkey

PygmyMonkey

Hello,

I made a Asset to use the Native File Browser from Windows and Mac in Unity at runtime, it's available on the Asset Store: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/68064

I've been searching for a way to do that for more than a year... and finally found how to do it :)

11. Nouman_Ilyas21

Nouman_Ilyas21

Can you send me the latest link to this plugin?