Search Unity

Looking For Contributor Open Collaboration Invitation: Let's Improve the Unity Motion Matching Plugin!

Discussion in 'Non Commercial Collaboration' started by caragmatthew, Jun 1, 2023.

1. caragmatthew

caragmatthew

Hello everyone,

A couple of years ago, while attending grad school, I embarked on a challenging project inspired by a SIGGRAPH 2020 paper by Ubisoft titled Learned Motion Matching. The result was the creation of a Unity plugin designed to implement Motion Matching and eventually, Learned Motion Matching.

Despite its current limitations, I strongly believe in the potential of this project. Its capacity to enhance game development is immense, and it could certainly benefit from a more diverse range of insights and expertise.

As it stands, the project is admittedly in need of some fine-tuning. The feature vector construction and the matching mechanism against the vector database are areas that require particular attention. However, I'm confident that with the right kind of collaboration and collective effort, we can significantly improve its functionality and reliability.

To make it easier for interested collaborators to get involved, I've decided to open source the project. The documentation should still be sufficient to get you up and running, although it might require some updates along the way.

You can find the project on Github.

I warmly welcome any developers, students, or enthusiasts who would like to join this endeavor. Your contributions, ideas, and innovations could make a substantial difference in pushing this project towards its full potential.

Let's collaborate and bring this exciting tool into the hands of game developers around the world!

Thank you for your interest and I look forward to working with you!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2023