Search Unity

Open 2018.3 version Cloud Project in 2019 Version of Unity

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by nobluff67, Apr 23, 2019.

1. nobluff67

nobluff67

Hi,

This should be incredibly simple, I don't know why I am struggling with this, I am not even sure if this is a question for the Build forum or the Collaborate section of the forum.

I have Unity Hub 1.6.1 installed. I have two install of Unity on my machine, 2018.3.12f1 and 2019.1.0f2.
    When I open a project via the Hub (2018.3.12f1), it opens on 2018.3.12f1 version of unity, as I would expect. When I start 2019.1.0f2 version of unity, and then open project via cloud, it always closes the 2019 unity install and opens the 2018.3.12f1 install.

All I want to do is convert my existing project to 2019.1.0f2. Simple if I was developing locally, not simple (at least for me) when I started developing on cloud.

Help before I hurt myself, thx.

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

That would be over reacting. ;)

Remind me (I'm using Unity Hub v.2 beta), can't you choose the version of Unity you want to use for your project? Three vertical dots on the right of the title of your project in the Hub?

3. nobluff67

nobluff67

Thanks for quick response.

Yes, that would be over reating:) Just trying to emphasize the frustration I am going through for something that should be simple.

The version of Hub that I am using does have the three dots for projects on disk, however for the cloud storage it has no dots (options).

Maybe I have to open in cloud, save locally, open locally, save new version to cloud? Sounds way to convoluted to me, must be a more logical way.

4. Deleted User

Deleted User

Ah...

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the way...

5. nobluff67

nobluff67

This is how I ended up doing it. Waiting for a better option.