Search Unity

OnUnityAdsShowFailure is triggered always on first run when cookie dialog appears

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by pistoleta, Sep 21, 2021.

1. pistoleta

pistoleta

This happens whenever the Unity Ads cookie dialog appears when the user taps to watch an ad for the first time after install.
    Unity dialog appears, and whatever the user chooses after sometime the event OnUnityAdsDidError gets triggered with this error:
    method timeout after 10 for listener ID XXXXXXXXX

So we cannot detect the rewarded Ad because of this.
    The code worked perfectly before this Dialog appeared... I wonder if we have to update something in the code.

2. pistoleta

pistoleta

Ok so I tried updating my code to the one here:
    https://unityads.unity3d.com/help/u...cWBqw5waAkSBEALw_wcB#basic-ads-implementation

And I'm still with the same problem. Ads is initialized correctly, Rewarded ad is loaded successfully, but when I try to watch the add this event triggers:

Says: Internal_ERROR - show method timeout after 10 for listener ID XXX-XXXX_XXXX

As I mentioned before, this happens on the first launch, when the unity cookies dialog appears:

Can someone help me please?

3. pistoleta

pistoleta

Uhhh... problem persists anybody?

4. pistoleta

pistoleta

blup!! I need help with this

5. pistoleta

pistoleta

BenWilles likes this.
  6. BenWilles

BenWilles

no support here?

7. Unity_Quinn

Unity_Quinn

Unity Technologies

Hi @pistoleta! Sorry! We must've missed this one! If you're ever struggling to get ahold of us, please feel free to create a ticket with us directly by clicking the ? icon in the top right corner of the dashboard and scroll down to the "File a ticket" section.

Would you be able to provide some more information about this issue?
    • Which version of the Ads SDK are you using?
    • How pervasive is this problem? Is it reproducible 100% of the time or do you have metrics on how often it happens?
    • Are you using mediation? If so, which version of the mediation SDK and adapter are you using?
    • Can you provide a device log from your app when Unity Ads is initialized?
    • Can you share the code you are using to integrate Unity Ads?
    If you can also provide these details they would be very helpful for our investigation:
    • A store link to the project or a build of the project
    • The game ID of the project

8. pistoleta

pistoleta

9. pistoleta

pistoleta

Tried to get a Device log but since this problem doesn't generate a crash Im not able to extract any device log with relevant info at least using Xcode.

This are the ADS related console lines I got in the console when the problem mentioned happens:

ADS_ Unity Ads initialization complete.

ADS_ Loading Ad: rewardedVideo

ADS_ Ad Loaded: rewardedVideo

ADS_ Error showing Ad Unit rewardedVideo: INTERNAL_ERROR - show method timeout after 10 for listener ID XXXXX-XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXX

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
  10. Unity_Quinn

Unity_Quinn

Unity Technologies

@pistoleta, if you don't interact with that pop-up you're seeing, then we will trigger that timeout error.

11. pistoleta

pistoleta

It happens even if you tap immediately.

And still, even if the reason were the timeout has triggered, I find ridiculously low the time (10 seconds?) some users actually read the terms before tapping the ok button.

But I insist, it happens ALWAYS (after new install) even if you tap immediately.
    Thanks for answering.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
    velkunvelglarn and BenWilles like this.
  12. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@pistoleta

Could you provide a device log where this happens immediately.

Yeah, it's not ideal behavior, so we're working on improving that. But it should only happen the first time you see the pop-up.

13. ranjin

ranjin

We have same question ,Version 3.7.5
    -ALWAYS on new android (maybe also ios)
    2022-05-23 16:54:31.876 31024-31024/com.mygame.main/Ads: Ad failed to load : 0 2022-05-23 16:54:33.178 31024-31907/com.mygame.main E/ironSourceSDK: ADAPTER_CALLBACK: UnityAdsRewardedVideoListener onUnityAdsShowFailure - ironSourceError = errorCode:6, errorMessage:[UnityAds] Timeout while trying to show Rewarded_Android 2022-05-23 16:54:33.181 31024-31024/com.mygame.main D/AdMgr: onRewardedVideoAdShowFailed: 6[UnityAds] Timeout while trying to show Rewarded_Android 2022-05-23 16:54:33.182 31024-31024/com.mygame.main D/AdMgr: onRewardedVideoAvailabilityChanged: false

14. XmasBone

XmasBone

Can confirm. This still happens (at least on iOS) ‍
    iOS: SDK 4.3.0
    Android: SDK 4.2.1

Also... is it possible to force the consent dialog to open for debug purpose?

15. pistoleta

pistoleta

16. SaturnusK1

SaturnusK1

I'm using Unity Ads 4.2.1 and our target platform is iOS. I just tested the timeout; it does not happen if you finish interacting with the popup under 10 seconds.

17. SaturnusK1

SaturnusK1

This issue is more serious than I thought.
    I'm using Unity 2019.4 and Unity Ads 4.2.1 and our target platform is iOS.
    If you don't interact with the popup for 10 seconds, it throws that time out INTERNAL_ERROR. And then it continues to show the video ad anyway but after the video ad is completed, it doesn't call any callbacks, so I have no way of knowing if the ad finished playing or not.
    I decided to add a flag to my game and ignore this error when a player requested a video ad for the first time but when there's no callback and the listeners are cleared (?) how can I reward the player? I tried to call Advertisement.Show() again when that error happens to set the listeners again, but it throws another error saying ALREADY_SHOWING.
    @Unity_Quinn @ap-unity

Last edited: Sep 6, 2022
  18. unity_eMcTUqZ625GzrA

unity_eMcTUqZ625GzrA

@Unity_Quinn @ap-unity Hi, I have same issue on Android with Rewarded format:
    1. start show first video by Unity Ads
    2. personalization pop-up appears
    3. setup personalization and close pop-up
    4. video start
    5. video finish
    6. havent rewarded callback

Can I disable personalization pop-up and replace with my custom? I trying test for disabling by use meta data from this sections https://docs.unity.com/ads/GDPRCompliance.html but it doesnt work.

SaturnusK1 likes this.
  19. unity_eMcTUqZ625GzrA

unity_eMcTUqZ625GzrA

SaturnusK1 likes this.
  20. saeedraja9

saeedraja9

Load Failed Rewarded_Android: UnityAdsLoadError.timeout [UnityAds] Timeout while loading Rewarded_Android