Search Unity

OnTriggerEnter and ExecuteInEditMode

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by bsanterre, Mar 30, 2015.

1. bsanterre

bsanterre

Hi,

I have a scene created in Unity 4 that does some overlap detecting in edit mode. To do that, I use OnTriggerEnter, OnTriggerExit, and OnTriggerStay in a component that has [ExecuteInEditMode]. In Unity 4, everything works great. When I move a GameObject that has my component, things get done.

However, importing this scene in Unity 5 completely breaks everything. When I move my GameObject, I no longer enter my various trigger functions. However, Update() gets called, so ExecuteInEditMode does work.

Is this intentional? Is there another way, in edit mode, to detect what is overlapping my GameObject?

Thanks!

Haape likes this.
  2. Haape

Haape

I have the same problem .. had you find something since ?

3. LTK

LTK

I have the same problem :(

4. N-i-x

N-i-x

Hi,

I have the same issue, did you find a way to make it works ?
    I used the bounds in the Update to detect manually the collision, but it does not work well for 3D triangles (empty space in the bounds)

Do you know how I could activate Trigger and Collision detection in the Editor with Unity 5 ?

5. Nicola-Patti

Nicola-Patti

Same problem with Unity 5.5.0f3 The Events OnTriggerEnter2D, OntriggerStay2D and OntriggerExit2D work perfect in Play mode, if I use [ExecuteInEditMode] they still work in Play mode, but they DO NOT work in EditMode.

6. SilverHuber

SilverHuber

Anyone already found a solution for this?

7. ga5p0d3

ga5p0d3

I think I just hit this too in Unity 2017.1 (first time I've used Unity). Bad news for my interactive editing tools, can't find a solution or helpful reference to the problem anywhere. :(

8. dr460r

dr460r

Hi,
    Same problem in Unity 2018.1! :( Had you find something? I am making interactive editing tool, too.

9. Darkgaze

Darkgaze