Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

OnParticleTrigger - No GameObject parameter?

Discussion in '5.4 Beta' started by PepinH, Jun 20, 2016.

1. PepinH

PepinH

Hey, I've been exploring the new particle trigger module, and I've noticed that there appears to be no way to get the specific collision volume related to a trigger event.

https://docs.unity3d.com/540/Documentation/ScriptReference/MonoBehaviour.OnParticleTrigger.html

The doc page for OnParticleTrigger lists a GameObject parameter in its heading, but the actual callback appears to have no such parameter. Is there any way to access this information (e.g. which collision volume a particle entered)?

Thanks

2. richardkettlewell

richardkettlewell

Unity Technologies

Hi, that is a error in the documentation. I'll make sure it gets corrected.

We would have to provide the information per-particle, in case different particles entered different colliders, but currently we don't provide this information.

3. PepinH

PepinH

Ah, that's what I thought. I think such information could be very useful in certain cases. Or even something less descriptive like enter and exit callbacks that receive the particle system as a parameter--called on the collision volume objects. In general, it would be useful to know which trigger has been triggered--and by which particle system. Nevertheless, thanks for the info!

Kevz93 and richardkettlewell like this.