Search Unity

Only two players on networking

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by radiolobito, Aug 26, 2009.

1. radiolobito

radiolobito

I have downloaded the networking example, build as web player and hava a big trouble with two things:

I published on a site and only can connect two players, and the two players were from the same ip location.

1. When another third player try to enter the game, the server dosn't appears.

2. I start the server in a location, but another location cannot connect.

Somebody can help me? Im so novice in this.

Thanks

2. AngryAnt

AngryAnt

Keyboard Operator

One possibility is that the network which your server is sitting on is behind a router which the masterserver cannot punch through. Did you try hosting the server via a connection from outside of the router or perhaps have another connection play host?

3. radiolobito

radiolobito

4. zumwalt

zumwalt

The network demo has a retest network connection, if you are having problems with external people connecting to your game, then use that a few times, however, if you are saying you have deployed the game to a web server and you are using the "default" master server, you are limiting yourself to a test server sitting at Unity that has zero guarantee.

I was doing some tests using a hosted virtual server through 1and1 internet:http://www.1and1.com/?k_id=21336950

I have both a linux server running CentOS 5 and a Windows 2003 virtual server through them and I had over 10 people doing some tests in the same level with me for a few hours, when you run the game via "browser" you are still running it locally via activeX, so it would be local limitations like your router, firewall, or the like that would keep you from having more players.

Make sure you retest the connection a few times before starting the server, so that if Nat punch through is needed, you can wait until it says that it will work and that it is enabled, then click on start server. Then you should have no problem with others joining your game outside of your local network.

5. radiolobito

radiolobito

Solved...

The problem was not in the server, it's the ISP

Thanks very much