Search Unity

Only Renderer - fast toggle all gizmo overlay

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by StylishCoding, May 24, 2018.

1. StylishCoding

StylishCoding

Only Renderer allows you to disable all gizmo overlay in scene view with one action (Click on toolbar item or use hotkey), instead of click on gizmo menu to disable one by one. It also restore the gizmo setting when you toggle off.

Give you very fast to preview your level without gizmo overlay, then turn gizmo overlay on again to design your level.

Following options is configurable to disable:
    Grid, Selection Outline, Selection Wire, Gizmo, Gizmo Icon, Transform Gizmo

You can also save current gizmo and icon settings to presets, and use it with hotkey.

Asset Store

large.png

1.png 2.png

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  2. StylishCoding

StylishCoding

$1 for a limited times.

3. reggie_sgs

reggie_sgs

I just purchased this and tried it and it works as expected but it seems to have somehow turned on custom inspector icons and now I have a bunch of colored icon labels in the scene view that I can't turn off. Please tell me how to get rid of these as this is really cluttering up my view and it's frustrating that I can't turn them off. If I click on the icon in the scene view, it highlights the game object. If I click on the colored icon in the upper left, I can disable it but I don't want to have to do this for every single one that's showing up now.

4. StylishCoding

StylishCoding

Hello, can you make a screenshot of it. It happens when you turn on or off only renderer?

5. reggie_sgs

reggie_sgs

This is what they look like in scene view.

This is where you have to turn them off individually for each transform in each game object.

6. StylishCoding

StylishCoding

That's weird. My code doesn't touch any gameobject, your gameobjects even set to different color.

Can you show your gizmos menu like this one:

upload_2018-6-12_1-46-34.png

7. reggie_sgs

reggie_sgs

Sure, here it is. Once they got turned on, it didn't matter what setting I used in your asset. They got turned on and stayed on even after removing your asset.

8. StylishCoding

StylishCoding

Oh, seen you have so many script type gizmo. I am not sure if one of it cause this issue, can you try to disable it one by one from normal.

9. reggie_sgs

reggie_sgs

Ok, it looks like it probably wasn't caused by your script. I've been digging around and it seems to be related to the "3D Icons" size slider under the gizmos drop down. When you're far enough away or the size slider is set to 0, they disappear. I think they were probably always there but I never saw them because I keep the slider set to 0. Once your script was there, I turned it back up since I could easily enable/disable the icons and I think that's why they suddenly showed up.

It looks like it saves your current settings before disabling and then restores them when enabling which is great. It would be nice if there was a way to toggle between these and everything on. I guess what would be really nice is to have a way to set them the way you want, press a key to save them, and then have a way to toggle between your saved values and all on or all off.

10. StylishCoding

StylishCoding

That's great you find the problem. I will consider your suggestion. Thanks!

11. StylishCoding

StylishCoding

This is the new setting screen: ;)

3.png

12. reggie_sgs

reggie_sgs

Thanks for the prompt reply and the settings. If I understand you correctly, it looks like you have it set so you can choose groups of items to disable. That may be useful for some people but what I was hoping for was a way to set a custom set of specific items within a group. It already does this since it seems to save the exact set you have enabled when you click to disable everything. That list changes though every time you click to disable. It would be useful to be able to save a custom list and turn that list on at will.

In my case, I'm usually only interested in seeing colliders so I would save a list of box, sphere, capsule, & mesh colliders to be on. I might go in and turn off box, sphere, and capsule and then it would be useful to press a button and restore all of the ones in my list. If I could turn everything off and then just turn on my list of colliders that would be extremely helpful.

Taking that a step further, if you could allow us to save multiple lists, that would be even more useful. I might create a list of just colliders, then one for say lighting items, etc.. I'm not sure how difficult this would be just some things that I think would really make this a great utility.

13. StylishCoding

StylishCoding

Add preset for gizmo and icon, currently need to use in preferences window. I want to add presets to menuitem, but I find that Unity doesn't allow to create menuitem dynamically. I may make a scene view gui on future version.

upload_2018-6-14_11-53-49.png

14. reggie_sgs

reggie_sgs

Looks good! How do you choose which preset it uses? The value in having multiple presets is the ability to quickly switch between them. I hope there's a keyboard shortcut to choose or cycle through them. Thanks!

15. StylishCoding

StylishCoding

Add a hotkey setting for preset, use the hotkey to active the preset. Remove toggle type, it is a bit complicated.
    Now it just restore the setting exactly same when you add to preset.

upload_2018-6-15_11-32-23.png

16. reggie_sgs

reggie_sgs

Sounds good. Looking forward to trying it out.

17. StylishCoding

StylishCoding

New version is alive on Asset Store!
    • Now can configure in "Edit->Preferences".
    • Choose to disable following options: Grid, Outline, Wire, Gizmo, Icon, Transform Gizmo.
    • Choose to restore or force on when switch off.
    • Add or use gizmo and icon presets in preference window.

18. StylishCoding

StylishCoding

The introductory price ends on 22 June.

19. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

I'm looking for a keyboard shortcut for Toggle between on / off

I don't want to make two shortcuts, just one that toggles, is that possible?

20. StylishCoding

StylishCoding

Do you mean the hotkey for individual preset?

21. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

hotkey for all gizmos on / off

22. StylishCoding

StylishCoding

You can use ctrl+shift+r to toggle all gizmos on / off.

23. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

ok nice, can you make this one customisable?

thanks

24. StylishCoding

StylishCoding

This need to use preset hotkey, but preset is not toggleable. I will consider how to improve it.

Lars-Steenhoff likes this.
  25. io-games

io-games

Does not work on unity 2019.2

TargetParameterCountException: Number of parameters specified does not match the expected number.
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.ConvertValues (System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] args, System.Reflection.ParameterInfo[] pinfo, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr) (at <1f0c1ef1ad524c38bbc5536809c46b48>:0)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <1f0c1ef1ad524c38bbc5536809c46b48>:0)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at <1f0c1ef1ad524c38bbc5536809c46b48>:0)
    OnlyRenderer.SceneViewGUI.RestoreAll (OnlyRenderer.AnnotationSetting setting) (at <9ddf73df998349b3bb919b38b7f23e17>:0)
    OnlyRenderer.SceneViewGUI.Restore () (at <9ddf73df998349b3bb919b38b7f23e17>:0)
    OnlyRenderer.SceneViewGUI.Toggle () (at <9ddf73df998349b3bb919b38b7f23e17>:0)
    OnlyRenderer.SceneViewGUI.OnlyRendererAction () (at <9ddf73df998349b3bb919b38b7f23e17>:0)
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallGlobalEventHandler()