Search Unity

Online puzzle game inspired by Puzzle Fighter.

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by maetheec, Jul 18, 2012.

1. maetheec

maetheec

We’re making a new puzzle game inspired by Puzzle Fighter. Our goals is to make a AAA quality spiritual sequel to Puzzle Fighter. We’re simply making the “Puzzle Fighter 4” that Capcom never got around to making (without the Street Fighter characters, of course).

Currently, we’re in the process of creating the online-multiplayer version of the beloved gameplay mechanic. But we want something that would work well even under really slow network connection (something Puzzle Fighter HD Remix doesn't handle very well). So the game rules are slightly modified to handle the delay of network communication.

Yes, currently it's more or less a clone with better networking, but in the near future we'll be making improvements and adding features to the original gameplay mechanics as well. We believed that before we can make improvements, we have to make it as good as the original first!

Please also note that this is a "Gameplay Test" version, so most of the graphics are disabled.

Currenly, the only available gamemode is quickmatch against other random human player, and there're no character to select. AI, characters, and leaderboards are in the works.
    In the mean time, if you can't find another player to play with, I apologize, I hope you can get a friend to play it with you. Our team will also try to be online as much as possible.

So, all Puzzle Fighter fans and puzzle lovers, help us play this early build of our game and give us feedback on whether it's fun or fail.
    Oh, and the game is called “God of Puzzle”. All the info is up on the game’s website (godofpuzzle.novaleaf.com)

Thanks guys!

2. Majestic24

Majestic24

Pretty good game! Nice choice of music. Gameplay and animation very smooth. It's very fun too! I also liked the "mesh' effect when 4 blocks come together..that's a nice touch

Overall, this is a real fun game. Keep up the good work :)

3. imaginaryhuman

imaginaryhuman

You did mention the word `AAA` in there, didn't you? I think you're eyes are bigger than your head ....

4. maetheec

maetheec

Thanks for the feedback, glad you liked it!

We'll be doing our next round of update sometime next week, which will include attack pattern selection, leaderboard and more gameplay improvements. If there're some features that you'd like to see, please feel free to let me know!