Search Unity

Question OnFootstep has no receiver! in third-person controller package

Discussion in 'Animation' started by VayneVerso, Jan 30, 2023.

1. VayneVerso

VayneVerso

This is maybe a weirdly specific question, but I'm just starting to try to understand animations and I actually like a lot the walking and running animations in the Third-Person Controller package from Unity. I thought I would pull them out and play around with them a bit, but any time I try to use them outside of the context of that package, I get an error in my console that says something to the effect of:

"AnimationEvent 'OnFootstep' on animation 'Run_N' has no receiver! Are you missing a component?"

In truth, I have no idea what this is referencing. I mean, I get it's related to playing the footsteps audio, but beyond that, I can't figure it out. I looked at the animation and saw that there's an Events section on the configuration, but I didn't see any events listed there.

How do I just remove this event? I'd like to know how to attach sound effects to animations, of course, but for now, it would be easier to just be unencumbered by additional dependencies, since I'm simply trying to learn the basics.

ehtjd1209 likes this.
  2. VayneVerso

VayneVerso

Never mind. I finally figured this out. I guess I just didn't understand how to read the Events timeline. I had to click the little keyframe (or whatever) indicators on the top of the timeline to select the events that were placed on the animation. I just deleted them and it's all good.

ehtjd1209 likes this.