Search Unity

OneMan - My first Unity game!

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by francisIsFine, Jan 9, 2020.

1. francisIsFine

francisIsFine

It's a high intensity beat'em up game with super-easy hyper-casual mechanics.
    What it offers? INSTANT COMEDIC BADASSERY.

Download on the App Store
    Get it on Google Play

For details, please check out the website, presskit and videos below:
    website | presskit | trailer | demo

EXCLUSIVE TIPS:
    There are hidden game features not discoverable yet through OneMan's site, social media nor ads — and I'm including it here especially for you!

TIP #1: Enter Berserk Mode (demo)
    Berserk buttons appear on the left and right edges of the screen whenever the player achieves a very rapid succession of taps (the AVG REACTION TIME gauge at the bottom right corner of the screen must turn blue for as many times as possible). Upon appearing, it can be tapped to enter Berserk — a mode that gives invincibility for 3 seconds and allows the player to beat as many thugs as possible in the allotted time.

TIP #2: Super Mode (demo)
    Each character in the game has a 2nd set of skin and fight animations called "SUPER". Whenever the player reaches a score of 1000, he unlocks SUPER for the character he used.

TIP #3: Random Fun!
    Whenever the player goes back to the title screen, a different welcome audio will play in random!

Thanks and cheers!
    Francis Entereso | francis.isFine
    facebook | instagram | youtube | twitter

2. Spacelab_Games

Spacelab_Games

Pretty cool game but the gameplay is a bit too easy..i just scored over 500 points on my second try and kinda got bored of the game at that point.

I think it would be more fun and challenging if the enemies are constantly running at you instead having them pause.

3. francisIsFine

francisIsFine

Thanks so much for the input! 500 on your second try? damn! you might just be too good for this type of game! Hmmm I'm wondering if you'd be up to take a challenge? How about trying to reach 750 to 1000 in less than 10 tries?

I'd be really curious to see how I can improve the game's learning curve and what I can do to keep players hooked in until the real difficulty kicks in.

4. Spacelab_Games

Spacelab_Games

The gameplay is similar to Fist of Fury so i picked up the concept pretty quickly...but your game is much easier to play. Have you thought about adding a 3 second timer between each attack? That will force the player to make quicker decisions and make it more challenging. Either that or make the enemies attack in real time like Fist of Fury.

francisIsFine likes this.
  5. francisIsFine

francisIsFine

Oh it definitely does have a timer active for each thug. If you pause long enough, a prompt should actually appear. As you progress, this timer shrinks faster and faster. That's why I suggested to try and reach 750-1000 where that timer would *feel more obvious.

It's set at around 4s right now though instead of 3. So you're right, a 3s time limit to start might be a good way to make the timer feel more apparent.

6. Spacelab_Games

Spacelab_Games

Actually, i just tried the Attack Time mode and that one is much better...the timer forces me to play faster which makes it more challenging. The normal mode though is too easy for me.

7. francisIsFine

francisIsFine

Thank you so much for this feedback! it will help a lot!!

8. Spacelab_Games

Spacelab_Games

No problem. Overall its a pretty good game...the production quality is great. My highest score so far in Attack Time mode is 170 :)

P.S. how do i submit my score to the leaderboard?

9. francisIsFine

francisIsFine

170 is high in TimeATK! wow great job. Only your best scores (of the day and/or all time) are automatically submitted to the leaderboard—accessible via the title screen, there should be an icon at the top right. There you'll find the two leaderboards for each mode.

Thanks for this! I'm looking into improving the leaderboard system as well!

10. jamespaterson

jamespaterson

Looks cool! Great presentation

francisIsFine likes this.
  11. Spacelab_Games

Spacelab_Games

Thanks dude, ill be sure to submit my score. Also left you a 5 star review.

Cheers!

12. francisIsFine

francisIsFine

Wow thanks dude! All your feedback has very valuable!

13. Spacelab_Games

Spacelab_Games

14. NorthStar79

NorthStar79

It looks wonderful for one's first game! Downloading right now, feedback is on the way :)

EDIT: Okay, first is game really must be landscape? Maybe you can give an option to change to portrait mode. other than that, reaction time can be more obvious. is starts too easy and takes lots of time until get gets "fun to play level of difficulty"
    PS. Loved the art style.

overall good job! keep it going!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
  15. francisIsFine

francisIsFine

awesome feedback! updates on the way!!