Search Unity

Question One specific animation breaks my game?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by unity_SmIPAf3II1oRVw, Sep 1, 2021.

1. unity_SmIPAf3II1oRVw

unity_SmIPAf3II1oRVw

Hello,

I am having trouble understanding what the problem I have is.

I currently have this set up for my animator.
    upload_2021-9-1_16-35-35.png
    Without "fallPlayer" animation in the animator, everything runs as it's suppose to. If I drag "fallPlayer" into the animator, suddenly, something really strange happens where the gameObject Player stops moving towards any objects (like the code is somehow interrupted? It still runs my Player_down and Player_idle animations. Not my bellyRumble though...).

Just to be clear, I have not made any connections, it is exactly as you see here. Just dragging the animation "fallPlayer" into the animator causes this. If I remove "fallPlayer" and drag in another animation, the bug does not happen.

FYI, all my animations are made by dragging sprites into the animator (see pic 1 below). The only exception is fallPlayer, which was made by taking a sprite pic, dragging it into the animation area, and then hitting "record", and then moving the white line and changing my sprite's position (pic 2). I don't know what this is called, and if there's maybe a compatibility issue with the two different types of animations? Are they even different? All my animations have the same triangle icon symbol (pic 3 below).
    upload_2021-9-1_17-1-1.png

upload_2021-9-1_17-1-35.png

upload_2021-9-1_17-5-38.png
    I don't know the terminology to look this up on Google, but I did try. If anyone can offer me some advice, even on just what to look up, I would be grateful.

Thank you.