Search Unity

ONE: Logic StateMachine - High-Level State-Machines on custom code-base

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by MxShepherd, Feb 5, 2019.

1. MxShepherd

MxShepherd

Version 2.0 of my battle-tested state-machine tool is online and comes with new features, a new demo and new tutorials!

AssetStore link: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/slug/122543

This editor tool extends Unity's built-in state machine - the Animator system. There is no need to learn a fancy new system - just get started as usual with the Animator and integrate a state machine in your workflow as simple as that!
    Use your own code base and logic without writing additional scripts. Execute functions from your own MonoBehaviour scripts on Animator states and create a clear structure of your program flow. Make your game/app logic accessable to your whole team by revealing the main dependencies and interfaces in the familiar Animator workspace.

The setup and workflow integration is super easy! You have virtualy no restrictions in using your own scripts and you can plug them into Animator States with just a few clicks.

Simple as that, see it in this tutorial:

You have the coice:
    • Setup an overall state-machine to control the main-loop
    • Make single entity state-machines, e.g. for AI behaviour or controlling small parts of your application
    Any state-machine can operate with sub-state-machines and multiple layers, so the scale of complexity is up to you.

See for yourself in this detailed reworking of the included demo scenario:

If you have bought my asset and you are happy with it, then I would appreciate your review on the store page :)

Further you can follow me on Twitter @ManasparkStudio

or just write me an email: Max.schaefer@manaspark.studio

Cheers,
    Max.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  2. MxShepherd

MxShepherd

If you are using 2018.x: The post-processing in the demo throws an error, but it is not essential to the tool. Just listen to suggestions of your IDE or completely kick the post-processing from the project.
    An Update is already in the pipe.

3. MxShepherd

MxShepherd

Update 2.0.1 is now online on the Asset Store and should fix the errors from the post processing in the demo scene.

4. MxShepherd

MxShepherd

In Update 2.1 we will
    a) automate the disabling of any transition delays
    b) improve the debugging:

• Added more detailed information to error messages
    • Added detection for transitions without conditions
    • Added Option for choosing between throwing and logging error on each state (throwing will interrupt execution)

- a) is finished: https://twitter.com/ManasparkStudio/status/1093186702607376386
    - b) is also finished

... waiting for approaval ....

Update 2.1 is online!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019