Search Unity

Question One fine day I see ∞ errors: Invalid surface for grabbing pixels...

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by Volchok, Aug 29, 2021.

1. Volchok

Volchok

Hi!

Suddenly and unexpectedly, I saw that Unity started endlessly spitting out such warnings and errors to me without any information (there is simply no information and there is no link to a place in the code either). This happens both in the Unity Editor and in the Build Project.

RenderTexture.Create: Depth|ShadowMap RenderTexture requested without a depth buffer. Changing to a 16 bit depth buffer.

Invalid surface for grabbing pixels. Verify that the RenderTexture is a valid color surface. Only a single color target may be grabbed.

I tried to find a solution in Web and tried to localize the error, but I couldn't. What should I do with this horror and what do Unity want from me? I have never seen before such an error in Unity.

This error is very annoying in the editor - it slow down the verification and debug process.

Where to dig? Where do the legs grow from?

Thank you!

Last edited: Aug 30, 2021
    Rensoburro_Taki likes this.
  2. Volchok

Volchok

Cleaning the Library folder does not help.

Rensoburro_Taki likes this.
  3. Volchok

Volchok

It was found that this error appears if Decals are draw in certain layers. The author of the asset accepted the information. Nothing more is known about this error so far. But the main thing is that I can disable it.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
  4. HarvesteR

HarvesteR

I get the same errors here. It's positively annoying AF.

I get them from the UVPaint asset, precisely when drawing decals... weirdly enough, the decals still draw fine.

Volchok likes this.
  5. Rensoburro_Taki

Rensoburro_Taki

I noticed the same error message on AQUAS 2 water plane, when activated and when I switch to CREST OCEAN (Github) version, the same error happens, in the same scene. I then only deactivated the material of both water plugins. It has something to do with the shader parameters. If that helps someone for targeting the problem. My hands are bound, have no knowledge in writing shaders. The error is continuously counting up. Anyone has a clue?

Volchok likes this.