Search Unity

OnDrawGizmos' not working in prefab edit mode?

Discussion in 'Prefabs' started by Prodigga, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Prodigga

Prodigga

Title. :) I see the gizmos in the scene view, but if I open up the same prefab in prefab edit mode, I don't see the gizmos.

ymx_xd likes this.
  2. hunterofakara

hunterofakara

Gizmos.DrawWireCube is showing for me in prefab mode (Checked with regular gameobject, not a canvas one).
    A specific function not working for you, or possibly some position variable not being initialized the same?

3. Prodigga

Prodigga

Whoops! I apologise, I wasn't using Gizmos.Draw, I was using Debug.DrawLine inside of OnDrawGizmos. (Can't draw lines with gizmos)

So, I guess the question is are Debug.DrawLines supposed to work in Prefab Mode?

4. hunterofakara

hunterofakara

Ah okay, I'm getting the same as you.
    The documentation says "The line will also be drawn in the Scene when it is visible in the Game view."
    Since game view doesn't load/render the prefab mode, I guess the debug line is never copied to the scene view.

It goes on to suggest using Gizmos.Drawline or Handles.DrawLine instead for editor gizmos - Maybe you'd be able to temporarily use one of those just for viewing in prefab mode?

5. Mads-Nyholm

Mads-Nyholm

Unity Technologies

Debug.DrawLine is not supported in Prefab Mode, they will always render with the main scenes