Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Once again, VS code is broken!

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by haim96, Mar 13, 2020.

1. haim96

haim96

let's start with the fact the i'm a paying customer with subscription and i don't get value for my money!
    in the last few months every week the work with VS CODE is broken in one way or another.
    i finding myself wasting hours just to find workarounds just to make it work again.
    i guess some may say it's not unity fault but if they can't keep it working they should develop a proper IDE that will have a stable behavior.
    and no, visual studio is not an answer! it's slow and heavy and i don't want to use it. other IDE cost money, and why should i pay more for code editor?

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

You haven't stated what is going wrong, and Unity already bundles their recommended code editor which you specifically are refusing to use. Not sure why you're blaming Unity for this really.

3. haim96

haim96

every time something else is wrong. some times delete the sln file fix it and sometimes revert to older version of the vs code adapter package... i'm not say it's all unity fault but if they support working with vs code they should make sure that it works well every time.