Search Unity

[V3 RELEASED!] CTAA V3 ' CINEMATIC TEMPORAL ANTI-ALIASING ' now with HDRP

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by LIVENDA_LABS, Jan 29, 2018.

1. RPowers

RPowers

True, I'm not surprised it's broken in 2019. My concern though is that Livenda will never fix it. They haven't said a word to us in over a month.

2. saxovr

saxovr

You can request a 2017 compatible version from them on email. I did that for the 1.5, they did send a link to a download and it works for me (if they ever reply!)

Unplug likes this.
  3. Held0fTheWelt

Held0fTheWelt

2018 is working like Kick-Ass !
    I am using Single-Pass-Instanced Mode & NVidia VR Works, too.
    And it's really really lookin good ! ;)

Maybe u set something up wrong !?

U have to set the Passmode (Multi/Single) correctly in the Player Settings, and use the correct script.
    U don't need to use Livendas Samples, as they are based on SteamVR, u can ride away with the new ordinary XR Rig from Unity, set all to Singlepass, and set the CTAA SPS Script on it, and there you go.
    Additionally take VRWorks too !

Maybe this can help you out, even if you see a lot, that you needn't see, but that video wasn't supposed to do this here:

I know - in the end, it looks, like something failed, but i only had to restart my Unity after that.

Mark_01 and LIVENDA_LABS like this.
  4. Unplug

Unplug

Is there any online instruction about passmode !? i didn't saw anything about it needed to be change or anything. I'm not in VR im trying to set for PC

5. Bodyclock

Bodyclock

You have VR Works and Unity Single Pass Instanced working together? I could never get that to work though it was some time ago. Not wanting to derail the thread but could you share any tips on how you did?

6. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Happy New Year Everyone, we apologize for the delay in the response due to the Holiday period as we recently got back.

We have not seen this issue are you able to provide us with a sample project to test, also which version of Unity are you using and the order of other effects?

Official Unity 2019 support will be when it is on final release, thank you again.

I am certain we have sent you the version which works with Unity 2017? I know it's inconvenient however can you please send me another e-mail and mention the Forum and I will send you the latest version which will work with Unity 2017 immediately, thank you again for your Great patience!!

Mark_01 likes this.
  7. Held0fTheWelt

Held0fTheWelt

Watch my 2nd Video - there i have set up 2018 LWRP(VR-Rig) with CTAA & VRWorks together, and writing a script to also enable features of VRWorks.
    It fastens anyway, but there are switches to use the features, too

Mark_01 likes this.
  8. Held0fTheWelt

Held0fTheWelt

Passmode is only for VR, as it has to show 2 screens.
    It's a technique on how to render into the VR or AR Goggles.
    Not of interest for PC.

9. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

AWESOME Video! Thanks.

Mark_01 likes this.
  10. Held0fTheWelt

Held0fTheWelt

Thank you

That said, i think the guys from Space Battle VR use your asset, too !

Does look quite the same as mine - though we use about exact the same assets ^^
    But their goal differs completely from mine.

Anyway - mine will look quite similar ^^
    It's just build bigger.

Mark_01 and LIVENDA_LABS like this.
  11. TheFallenOne222

TheFallenOne222

Welcome back. :) Any updates on version 1.6? I was hoping it would be up a while ago, been waiting on the UI layer system you mentioned in order to fix some serious text readability issues.

12. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Hi,

Yes I can provide you with a much more specific time-frame in a couple of days, cheers!

Mark_01 and Held0fTheWelt like this.
  13. Unplug

Unplug

it was working in 2017 but i updated the asset. but i still can copy from project to project but i am stuck at 1.5 which is the latest version as far as i know. I'll gladly take a 1.6 updated version when it come out. The slow motion action on object occur even without any effect on the cam, ill try to post a video soon so you can see what i mean. It's really like i have a long blur that last a couple of frame so yeah the image is clear but subtle movement of grass and plant is lost due to the blur lenght.

14. Suki-W

Suki-W

15. HanAusBerlin

HanAusBerlin

I have an issue here that could not be solved/there was no real response via the support mail: I am using Steam VR SDK (OpenVR) and CTAA on unity 2018.3. When adding the ctaa vive prefab to my player prefab (instead of the actual vive camera prefab), I get a picture, but the camera is behind the player, above the player and has a very weird angle that makes you sick right away. Position (Transform) is the same like the VR camera.
    Now comes the weird part: All of a sudden, one of the camera eyes was on the correct "position". I duplicated it and set the duplicate to the other eye in the camera script - boom. All as expected. After a while both cameras went back to the wrong position, without doing ANY changes.

16. Held0fTheWelt

Held0fTheWelt

Ah, i know.
    I do that very often the same. This happens, when attaching a prefab with wrong transform, or when i want to swap from one rig to another.
    Unity messes up the transform values - but you have to watch about that in every scenario, not only when making these head things.
    I played around with SteamVR , VRTK, CTAA, and so on a lot and mixed here and there and got the same behaviour.
    Best way - if you don't use the prefab in first place - is, you attach the new camera onto the old camera, reset the transform, then parent the new camera as the old camera is parented and delete the old one.

Anyway - as we only speak about ONE script, the best way in this case is: Copy over the Script from the prefab and attach it to the rig you already have ! ;)
    Two scripts, okay ... ;)
    You can just drop them out of the scripts folder directly and maybe setup the small amount of values.

What i most wonder about is, how to choose the shader.

17. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Not at the moment, we are hoping it will be soon.

Unfortunately, The latest SteamVR / OpenVR has introduced a number of quirks we have to deal with (btw, I am presuming you are on the HTC VIVE not the Oculus?) We are currently working on the issue you have mentioned AS Quickly as we can and hopefully should have the solution ready to share very soon. Have you tried the SinglePass CTAA script? until we provide an update for multipass.

As we have mentioned above, The latest SteamVR / OpenVR has introduced a number of quirks we have to deal with which effects the Multipass Steam VR compatibility. It really should not be much longer, hoping within 7 days.

Mark_01 likes this.
  18. Held0fTheWelt

Held0fTheWelt

2018.3.3f1 and no other magic, than scene settings and CTAA PC

19. HanAusBerlin

HanAusBerlin

Thanks for the answer, but I know how to deal with the transforms and what you described used to happen sometimes as a unity beginner. ;-) Not anymore, its another issue, transforms are totally fine.

Held0fTheWelt likes this.
  20. HanAusBerlin

HanAusBerlin

Well, I use the oculus, but with steam VR. And it worked fine till all the sudden it got messed up. I dont want to use single pass as I need multi pass for my purpose.

Oh, and as I wrote in the mail already, a script is missing as well, also if I import the asset in a fresh project. It is on the CTAA Vive Project, right under the transform element. It just says couldnt load script, because it is missing.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
  21. Held0fTheWelt

Held0fTheWelt

Sorry - misunderstood...

22. HanAusBerlin

HanAusBerlin

Well last time you promised an update to integrate Newton VR it never got delivered till I finally gave up. I hope this time you really catch the issue fast, as the price for this asset is to high to get delayed updates. So please fix the issue with Steam VR, its the VR SDK thats used the most on the asset store and right now it is impossible ti use CTAA with it. My project is pretty much on hold...

23. HanAusBerlin

HanAusBerlin

When starting the eye object should get detached from its parent head object. That doenst happen in my case, whereas both objects get transformed....

24. JediNizar

JediNizar

how is the performance on mobile? I mean it's indicated for PC & VR, my target is mobile VR (oculus GO, Gear VR and hopefully oculus Quest some day)

25. TheFallenOne222

TheFallenOne222

Any updates on this and/or v1.6 in general?

26. Held0fTheWelt

Held0fTheWelt

Anybody in here, who could say me, what i wanted to attach the DynamicObjectTag script to ?
    Is it for anything that moves ?

27. Held0fTheWelt

Held0fTheWelt

28. RPowers

RPowers

I think you add it to any game object that moves and has a mesh component

29. DumoeDss

DumoeDss

:)I want to know when it will be updated. The current version is almost impossible to use. I had sent a email last week to ask for a new version, but there is no reply.

30. TheFallenOne222

TheFallenOne222

Still hoping for an update.

Any information is better than silence.

31. CianNoonan

CianNoonan

It was updated today.

I've just purchased and implemented CTAA and not really seeing the effects that were shown in the demos, there's still bits of flicker and moving the camera results in Aliasing. What should we do to mitigate this?

32. saxovr

saxovr

Hi Livenda @LIVENDA_LABS, I can see you just released v 1.6! Finally! Well done. Does 1.6 have the layer masks so that I can exlude certain GUI layers from being affected by the CTAA. I get blur affects on my Canvas UI right now and really want to use the layer exlclude you talked about previous might be in 1.6? any clarification would be great thanks!.

MadeFromPolygons likes this.
  33. TheFallenOne222

TheFallenOne222

Would like to know about this as well, that's a large part of the reason I've been waiting on 1.6, and I don't see it in the change log (despite comments from Livenda stating it was done back in November and already pushed to the store...). I'll be looking into it more directly tomorrow, hoping it just didn't get included.

34. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Hi,

We tried to include this feature in V1.6 however Due to a massive Bug in current Unity we could not. The bug is related to Rendering World Position UI to a Render Target in Single Pass Stereo mode, Unity just does not update the Position of the UI when rendered to a texture! This is very strange and we have reported this issue to Unity. Simply put, as it stands there is no way to render WorldSpace UI to a render-target to generate a Mask in Single Pass stereo, and this is required to implement layer exclusion when using CTAA. We are also now looking at perhaps other method to circumvent this issue so we can add this feature asap as waiting for Unity to fix this bug could take a long time.

-----------------------------------------------------
    CTAA is currently on Special, Our biggest discount yet more then 60% OFF at ONLY $75 for two weeks only!! ASSET STORE

35. saxovr

saxovr

Thank you for the update. Apparently 1.6 was ready for shipping a month ago and Unity 2018.3 was already out and you were talking about this layer option being done. Now it suddenly isnt possible even though you already had it working and 1.6 hits the asset store a month after you said you would send me a download link. Same story guys. Over promise and under deliver. However I will say your product is still very good for what it does. I just wish you wouldn't self promote with so many fake promises.

36. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

No, we only just realized this Unity Bug until recently as it only effects Single Pass VR mode and CTAA has to work in that mode as well. We have submitted the issue to Unity and hopefully they will fix it soon. Like I said we are looking at other options now.

--------------------------------------------

CTAA is currently on Special, Our biggest discount yet more then 60% OFF at ONLY $75 for two weeks only!! ASSET STORE

37. keeponshading

keeponshading

CTAA smears everything who has no motion vectors.
    Moving video textures, moving world space ui s even the projected ones per rt to material like spout or ndi integrations in not VR or Single Pass VR.
    To exclude them by e.g layer or any other workaround is really needed.

Why you excuse 95% of use cases by it must run in Single Pass VR too. There are really 95% of other use cases.

Single Pass VR not solved now because of ...is an argument. But please give us a solution for the rest and a change log.
    It avoids uneeded downloads.
    Finally you lost a fan and 3x license owner.

For slow moving constructed pure 3D scenes still great. The 5%.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
  38. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

CTAA is a Temporal effect so Motion Vectors are required just like with Unity TAA or Unreal engine TAA. You are mentioning two cases, movies and UI. How are we suppose to provide motion vectors for a Movie? Also in Unity, there is currently a major Bug with World space UI as they are not updating their position when rendered to a Render Texture which is not our fault and is required to for exclusion. Like we mentioned previously, we are looking at other menthods of layer exclusion until Unity fixes this Bug.

BeyondInfiniti likes this.
  39. DumoeDss

DumoeDss

When will it support lwrp?

40. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

We were going to purchase 6x license of CTAA initially with potentially 10x more licenses down the line for our other team, but now that we have gone through the history and seen how terrible the support is for such a high priced asset, we will not purchase anymore. I hope others make sensible decisions too as for something priced so high, waiting a month for responses is not acceptable in any way, nor is making concrete promises on features being in and then last minute cop-out saying "we found a unity bug".

If the development was planned out properly and the feature really was ready as they mentioned, this would not have been found in the 11th hour. Certainly users should not have been misled regarding its readiness for 1.6 for so long if they were not 100% sure it would work. Despite claims for 3 months that it was finished AND pushed to the store. Which ofcourse amounts to lies.

Certainly livenda labs has a chequered past at best, as many users here who have had their fingers burnt by them in one way or another will tell you.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
  41. Held0fTheWelt

Held0fTheWelt

I was unhappy too, but if you rely on official versions and don't use any beta or alpha outside there, it's really the best asset in store.
    Be unhappy if you want.

Suki-W likes this.
  42. TheFallenOne222

TheFallenOne222

To clarify, I believe keeponshading was asking if you'd be willing to release the layered exclusion (for UI etc.) for multi pass builds, and just clarify that it's not working for single pass specifically, since you had mentioned earlier that it was working for everything but single pass:

I agree with keeponshading, if we could get a build that has that layering system working with multi pass, that would solve a lot of issues while we wait for single pass.

43. Suki-W

Suki-W

all i want is hdrp. then im purchasing asap.

44. keeponshading

keeponshading

Thanks for the explanation. They are correct.
    In addition the layering would help even for Non VR.
    We also could find a solution by ourselves when the shaders would not be obfuscated.

45. keeponshading

keeponshading

Similar situation from my side.
    I introduced CTAA to team members , partner departments and external partners. Meantime i regret. LifeLongLearning.

However HDRP is on a good way especially with SpecAA and we focus now on upcoming Post Processing Stack V3.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
  46. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Thank, We are looking at it now including lwrp support

Like we have mentioned we are looking at other methods for Singlepass layer exclusion without depending on Unity to fix the bug. In the mean time 'more then likely' (I'm not going to 100% grantee it yet) we will provide layer selection for multipass VR mode and PC in the next update. We also have an awesome must have new feature addition which is going to make a lot of people happy in the next update, hint it is related to CAD and Product Visualization in general.

47. Held0fTheWelt

Held0fTheWelt

By the way: you can read here and there too:
    I was unhappy for quite a bit, too.
    When Unity started 2017, i was early on the train, and was very unhappy, that this asset didn't had this or that - especially that SPS thing - too, but this changed.
    Finally everything is implemented, looking really good, and is working very well, if you just don't switch to 2019 yet.
    So i changed my point of view. I am learning about 2019 right now, too, while it's still being developed.
    I also already changed the CTAA dynamic object thing to an own ecs system, this was quite easy and get rids of some small work being done in the main thread, not very much, but hey ... it was possible...
    You cannot force something that just needs some time to breed ...

48. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

THANK YOU!

---------------------------------------

49. Held0fTheWelt

Held0fTheWelt

You know, we discussed a bit ^^
    But i am happy to still have this.

Sometimes it's difficult to get in contact with you, but since 1.4, i think, you really are quite present here, and that's completely fine.

I felt the same, but i already know now, that it's not primitive to make these changes, especially when the api you rely on still changes.

The VR Bug in 2019 is new due to changes in unitys OpenVR libs, or around this, that's obvious.
    So as a customer, i relax and play around with the productive parts in 2018 for now - no prob about that.

LIVENDA_LABS likes this.
  50. FutureWang

FutureWang

@LIVENDA_LABS Is it support physical camera now?I find it do not work on 1.6. when the project is playing, the physical camera will not work!