Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[-50% OFF SALE! - Save $600✅]Sky Master ULTIMATE: Sky, Ocean, Volume Clouds-lighting, Weather, RTGI

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by nasos_333, Nov 17, 2014.

1. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE v4.8.9 has been released in Unity Asset Store.

- Added option to insta-kill weather particles in SkyMasterManager script, to overcome Unity 2019.1 bug when gradually lowering max Particle Count crashes Unity, when changing weather types.

- Added Beta of new Volumetric Lighting system, that covers all Unity light types (Spot, directional, Point) & demo scene. The system is integrated with the volumetric clouds for god rays.

2. nasos_333

nasos_333

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
  3. nasos_333

nasos_333

Reflections, refraction in water, Shader based Volume clouds and Sun Shafts in Light Weight Rendering Pipeline (LWRP).

UPDATE on LWRP version:

The LWRP version of Sky Master ULTIMATE is almost done and has been tested on desktop and mobile.

I have found a way to render depth from a 2ond camera in LWRP, so soon will finish the water shoreline module as well (which will be much more optimized too in the new version) and the LWRP version will be fully functional, using the shader based volumetric clouds (photos above).

I have also finished the Sun Shafts image effect (Sun Shafts SRP Beta) for post processing Stack v2.0 and have fully mastered how to create image effects for this module (and tested build on mobile to make sure all work to production level), so will soon also convert the latest volumetric image effect based clouds to LWRP as well, for final full conversion.

Also a free voucher to celebrate the release of Sun Shafts SRP Beta asset !!! :). The effects works for all Unity versions and platforms that support the Post Processing Stack v2.0.

Sun Shafts SRP Beta
    SV-NXKD-LAE3-3J7F-PRUR-N4J6

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
    Vincent454 likes this.
  4. nasos_333

nasos_333

WIP on InfiniGRASS v2.0, tree and vine generator.

Unique tree and vines combined generator that can shift between the two at any depth and is fully environment aware for for both trees and vines.

Users of Sky Master ULTIMATE will also benefit from a complete seasonal growth and changing system.

Vincent454 likes this.
  5. nasos_333

nasos_333

About Unity 2019 possible crash after rain weather. New Unity bug in Unity 2019.

I have added an option for handling particle removal after rain weather in scene differently in Unity 2019, because has a bug where lowering the max particle count will sometimes crash Unity (it does not happen when increase the count).

The variable in the first check box in SkyMasterManager script.

I hope Unity will resolve the error in next Unity 2019 versions.

6. nasos_333

nasos_333

About Crash in Unity 2019 when change from Rain to no Rain weather types (as rain particles gradually decrease).

About the particle crashing in Unity 2019 (all versions), i found the exact reason the particles will crash, the bug is when 3D world collisions are also active and try lower max particle count.

So i will for now add in Start () to automatically turn "instakill" option on, if Unity 2019 is used, so wont crash in general case (instakill particles is already available to use in store version as option, top variable in the SkyMasterManager script, disabled by default) and will wait for Unity to fix, i posted a bug fix report, hope they fix it soon.

This issue does not happen in Unity 2018.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  7. nasos_333

nasos_333

Volumetric Fog for LWRP (Stack v2.0) is almost done, with added noise, height fog and in next version i plan to add a gradient coloration option, local lights, atmospheric scattering and integration with the LWRP Light Shafts in one shader (TBD if possible).

In the video the volumetric fog is combined with the Sun Shafts for LWRP effect.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  8. nasos_333

nasos_333

LWRP version of Sky Master ULTIMATE
    Volumetric fog reworked for LWRP, noise in height fog, atmospheric scattering, combination with the LWRP sun shafts, special effects WIP.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    Vincent454 likes this.
  9. nasos_333

nasos_333

Video of the LWRP WIP, combination of noise and light shafts with volumetric fog and atmospheric scattering.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
  10. nasos_333

nasos_333

Video of the LWRP WIP, combination of noise and light shafts with volumetric fog and atmospheric scattering.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  11. nasos_333

nasos_333

Volumetric Fog LWRP WIP for Sky Master ULTIMATE

Finished occlusion of the atmospheric scattering effect based on distance from object, all is done in shader for top performance.

Also implemented both a full 3D noise model and a cheaper 2D screen space model with parallax, for all performance requirements.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
  12. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sample of lit particles in Sky Master ULTIMATE, new demo scene for v4.9.2

13. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sample of lit particles in Sky Master ULTIMATE, new demo scene for v4.9.2

14. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

An update on few issues that came up by users on the system, all will be addressed fully in next version

1. Issue when using the volume clouds as stand alone without the sky master manager

If used as standalone or in the only clouds demo scene, there is a check missing when clouds is used as standalone, because of the addition to the script of the "Adjust night lighting" checkbox in latest version. This requires sky manager reference in the script, to adjust by Time of day, so if unchecked will not produce an error. I will add a check for that in next version to avoid this error if the manager is not available.

2. Issue when using the GI Proxy latest demo in Linear Color space, lighting is too bright

Gamma lighting

I got some good results in linear with GI Proxy with few tweak in light intensity (put to 1.5), tone mapper (middle grey to 0.03, exposure to 0.88) and volume light scattering "Height Rayleight Intensity" (adjusted to 0.15). Tweaking those settings get the linear color space demo pics below

Linear lighting

3. Tweaking of caustics and volumetric fog, a small starting guide to add and tweak fog (if not exist in some demos etc) and regulation of caustics

Volumetric fog and caustics tweaking

Volume lights tweaking

15. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

I have managed to get the base of the SRP Sun Shafts effect working without the Image effect stack v2.0, in LWRP using a custom forward renderer, so that option will soon be available for use in Unity 2019.3 with URP, where the stack is no longer working.

I will update when the package is sent to the store for review.

16. nasos_333

nasos_333

HDRP volume clouds WIP

Bartolomeus755 likes this.
  17. nasos_333

nasos_333

Few more images from HDRP clouds

Bartolomeus755 likes this.
  18. nasos_333

nasos_333

Video HDRP volume clouds WIP, with reflections and lightning

19. nasos_333

nasos_333

Video HDRP volume clouds WIP, dusk time and various cloud types and manipulations

20. nasos_333

nasos_333

Video HDRP volume clouds, top down view

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  21. nasos_333

nasos_333

22. Gooren

Gooren

Hi, I bought Sky Master Ultimate on September 9th. Does that count?

23. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE v4.9.2 has been released in Unity Asset Store !!

v4.9.2

- Added two scenes, round planet sample and lightning
    - Changed shadows on particle script to affect alpha as choice
    - Added round planets script for demo
    - Fixed issue where added Water Drops from configurator Camera FX section would be unlinked from the Sky Master manager reference upon entering play mode if the prefab is used.
    - Fixed prefab issue where underwater was not properly triggered (needed terrain setup)
    - Added going underwater trigger even if terrain setup is not performed, for more versatility

24. DirkDooms

DirkDooms

Hey, stupid question probably but what do you mean with 'InifiniCloud is upgradable from SKY Master Ultimate"? Will it be included in Sky Master Ultimate?

25. nasos_333

nasos_333

Currently Sky Master ULTIMATE is standard pipeline compatible, i am working on these sub modules for the various new pipelines (HDRP, LWRP, PP Stack v2.0 and URP) and when all modules are done will be an upgrade for the system to these pipelines, though this can take any amount of time as for example HDRP is not even remotely ready for any serious production of assets, as it misses even the most basic functionality to make custom effects and render cameras with it.

The InfiniCLOUD HDRP is based on the older shader based volumetric cloud system in sky master, converted to work in HDRP as is the only thing possible to work currently because is not based on image effects. The LWRP and URP version of the latest image effect based clouds is also in works and i have managed to make it work 100%, now i need to pass all optimizations and weather related additions and will be one step also towards the URP version of Sky Master ULTIMATE.

I hope Unity does not scrap all those though and come up with something new, as this is the feeling i get lately by the platform, is just like building on moving sand. I have redone my systems in Post Processing Stack v2.0 which is depreciated in Unity 2019.3 and now in custom forward rendering for latest URP, i hope that is something final and can focus on a full release soon.

In the mean time these modules can be upgraded from Sky Master ULTIMATE and be used if a project is in URP or HDRP if required.

26. DirkDooms

DirkDooms

Hi,

Thanks for the explanation!
    Looking forward to testing out InifiniCloud HDRP in my LWRP VR game!

Dirk

nasos_333 likes this.
  27. nasos_333

nasos_333

Volume fog and sun shafts

Image effect volume clouds with integrated volume fog

Shader volume clouds with sun shafts and volumetric fog with noise, with reflections and refractions in the new LWRP water shader. Fog affects transparency as option. Shader volumetric clouds work in HDRP as well.

Image effect volume clouds with sun shafts

I post some of the LWRP work in progress, both clouds (shader and image effect) are now working, i am doing the final refinements in the image effect ones as well and they combine very nice with the URP Sun shafts.

All those should work in the new Unity 2019.3 URP platform, as they are custom forward renderers in the pipeline. I hope similar scheme is used when HDRP custom rendering will be enabled.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
    Vincent454 likes this.
  28. RockSPb

RockSPb

Hello! I would like to know what about clouds performance on mobile(ray marched or lit particles)? Do you have options for downsampled clouds render?
    Also I tried your particle cloud demo. Looks like someting is broken.

upload_2019-9-25_15-52-18.png

29. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sample running on Samsung S8
    Hi,

About the clouds demo, maybe problem is that i have a vortex simulation that can affect clouds and they may scatter more than that should, so try remove the Attractor object (sphere object in the sky in your photo) to see the clouds static or use another demo.

The system has 4 cloud modules, ranging from very simple parallax, to cutting egde volumetrics.

The cutting edge volume clouds may be used in latest mobile, as i have a special custom optimization module in place, this is something i worked on for 2 years and can increase performance by some vast amounts, i think also to sell this as standalone as it is unique in this and have not seen anything with even close to similar performance anywhere.

Though to get this need to tweak the system and its optimization factors, i can guide to all the parameters and combinations that may affect the outcome and how.

The other systems are the particle clouds, which i dont recommend for mobile unless you plan to use little particle counts and can be heavy due to overdraw, plus there is no way to apply my special volumetric optimizations for them and the shader volume clouds, that can also be used on mobile depending on how many layers are used.

For very old mobile though i would just go with the clouds in my mobile demo, as SM2.0 mobile can be slow in general.

There is a 5th option, that used lit particles, this is a simple lighting model but can give nice result depednding on camera motion etc, so this is a 5th option and is available as demo with round planet in the latest release in the store.

EDIT: Added an image directly from the demo of the volume clouds on my mobile phone for reference (Samsung S8)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
  30. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

I have now managed to recreate my latest volumetric cloud system in LWRP and URP, so this will soon be an option for sky master ULTIMATE users as well.

For any Sky Master ULTIMATE user interested in the new InfiniCLOUD HDRP system, i can send the first version in Google Drive download asap, let me know in PM.

31. nasos_333

nasos_333

Volumetric light tweaking guide WIP, this part shows how is sync of the noise between lights, using the same noise parameters

32. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

Volumetric lighting, fog and clouds are now finalized for LWRP and URP. These new versions use the custom forward renderer feature of URP and thus are future proof and compatible with latest Unity versions and Beta (not require post processing stack).

33. aL0nerWolf

aL0nerWolf

Hello, purchased the the pack this morning. I spoke to you on your YouTube channel the HDRP clouds as well.

nasos_333 likes this.
  34. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi Daniel, thanks for buying the system.

I will send the HDRP clouds system in PM asap, let me know for the invoice in a PM and will reply with that and a voucher to get InfiniGRASS on discount if interested ($5 vs $60).

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
  35. aL0nerWolf

aL0nerWolf

Ok, sent it.

36. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sent PM with the HDRP clouds and voucher for InfiniGRASS. Let me know for any details needed.

37. nasos_333

nasos_333

38. nasos_333

nasos_333

39. nasos_333

nasos_333

WIP on LWRP & URP volumetric clouds (custom forward renderer based), the system is ready for production and tweaked for final release.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
    docsavage likes this.
  40. docsavage

docsavage

Looking good Nasos.

nasos_333 likes this.
  41. nasos_333

nasos_333

42. nasos_333

nasos_333

The Volumetric Fog SRP system has been released at Unity Asset Store !!!

An upgrade path from Sky Master ULTIMATE will be created today and will be active soon.

43. Acissathar

Acissathar

Is the new water you were showing off in SkyMaster or is it still in development?

44. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi, the water is still wip, though a first version is already almost done, but i want to do a lwrp version first so i am sure i can convert it, before release, because lwrp is like another engine and the standard pipeline will be removed, so i dont plan any new releases until all works in lwrp first to avoid users need it later and maybe not be ready or possible.

Unfortunately unity created a vastly confusing situation with the pipelines and there will be a bit delay to all my releases including infiniGrass v2.0 and the new ocean and clouds for sky master, as i essentially have to remake all almost from scratch.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
    Vincent454 and Acissathar like this.
  45. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE v4.9.3 has been submitted to the store and pending review.

- Fixed issue where reflections and sky might flicker when both scene and game windows
    were present

Vincent454 likes this.
  46. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE v4.9.3 is now up in the store !!!.

v4.9.3
    - Fixed issue where reflections and sky might flicker when both scene and game windows
    were present

47. nasos_333

nasos_333

New extreme offer !!!

Get Sky Master ULTIMATE for only $30 (vs $69 normal price) and Advanced FX Creator as bonus ($79), while vouchers last !!!!!

Post here to get the free vouchers

Vouchers left: 2/2

48. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE v4.9.4 has been released in Unity asset store !!!.

v4.9.4
    - Add changes - fixes in volumetric clouds
    - Fixed PS4 issue with dot product in shader
    - Fixed issue with depth texture handling when building for Android
    - Fixed issue where clouds would not be visible at lower camera distances, a variable is added in the cloud controller to define far camera view distance as needed.
    - Added script that allows run time copy from one Volumetric clouds system to another
    - Added GI Proxy Linear color based sample scene

49. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

The LWRP version of InfiniCLOUD is now ready for Unity 2019.2 and a unity package is available now on PM request for all current users of the system.

This module will be included in next update of the InfiniCLOUD store version as well.

50. lolaswift

lolaswift

@nasos_333 I imported the asset and had many cs0111 errors:
    Assets/SkyMaster/Scripts/V4.8.9 Scripts/Standard RP/VolumeLights/Standard Assets/Effects/ImageEffects/Scripts/PostEffectsBase.cs(8,18): error CS0101: The namespace 'UnityStandardAssets.ImageEffects' already contains a definition for 'PostEffectsBase'

I ended up deleting the v4.8.9 folder and the errors' gone. I'm using Unity 2018. 4 lts version.

And the water shader didn't display correctly. Please see the attached image.

Performance wise, I got only 6-8 fps when running the sunset demo.

Certainly the demo scenes were beautiful but on my macbook pro 2018, it seemed to be very heavy. Am I doing something wrong?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019