Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[70% OFF!] UniStorm 5.2 - AAA Volumetric Clouds, URP Support, Weather, Sky, Atmospheric Fog, & More!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BHS, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Weblox

Weblox

@BHS Gratz on the update, but plz also support the Emerald AI Forum. :cool:

2. BHS

BHS

It may be because of the render type of the cloud shader. I’ll look into it when I get the chance.

Great to hear!

UniStorm uses Unity built-in fog. If a weather type has a dense fog value, you should utilize the Fog Speed Multiplier. This setting allows a weather type’s fog value to be reached a lot quicker. The included weather types all use this so it should be fading in correctly.

What Transition Speed are you using?

Of course! I will be responding to all of posts on the Emerald AI forums shortly. :)

Weblox likes this.
  3. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

And Crux too please!

4. Alcyone

Alcyone

@BHS Any estimated time for Unistorm Mobile 3.0 to be released on the Asset Store?

5. lawsochi

lawsochi

thanks a lot for the new version 3.0. one of the most favorite assets! a few questions: how has the performance changed with the release of the new version? Does the C # compiler improve using Unity 2018.2 and especially 2018.3 in the multithreading part?

6. wwg

wwg

@lawsochi

7. lawsochi

lawsochi

Yes, thank you very much, I saw your comment, but I think for clarity, it would be better to do a demoscene test, for example from the last previous version to take a demoscene and show FPS on both versions)

8. franky_li

franky_li

@BHS
    Hi,

I have a problem with version 3 at nighttime. The terrain and the trees a lit and other foliage is very dark. Didn't had this issue with version 2.
    Version 2:
    Unistorm2.png
    Version 3:
    Unistorm3.png
    Any suggestions?

Frank

9. xxxgashekxxx

xxxgashekxxx

Totally random issue after going to version 3, all my Unistorm colors seem to be defaulting to some shade of green, resulting in a scene that looks like this. I can change them all manually, but I can't remember what color actual sunlight is anymore since I spend most of my time in a basement.

Attached Files:

10. BHS

BHS

I don’t have an ETA, but it’s currently being worked on.

I’m not sure how I can demonstrate the performance increases as most scenes I test can receive 100 fps. What I can do is show a profiler screenshot of the two systems when I get the chance.

Hey Frank,

A few settings can cause lighting difference like that.

What ambient source are you using? I recommend using Gradient as it gives you the most control over the ambient lighting in your scene. It looks like your scene may be using Skybox.

Set your ambient lighting colors to a darker shade than they are currently. This should help the overall darkness of your scene. When using gradient, there are 3 colors that control various parts of the Vientiane lighting in your scene.

Adjusting the Reflection Intensity in the Unity Lighting settings can also help with evening out the objects in your scene.

Very strange.

Did you completely remove the previous version of UniStorm before importing the new version? How did you create the UniStorm system for you scene?

11. xxxgashekxxx

xxxgashekxxx

I did not, that's probably my issue. I actually just deleted everything, restarted the editor, and reimported Unistorm 3.0 and all the colors are proper now. Love the 3.0 rewrite by the way, looks amazing so far :) . Thanks for the quick reply!

12. Wurlox

Wurlox

That was exactly what I was mising. Increasing the speed did the trick. ;) - Thank you!

13. franky_li

franky_li

Thanks, that solved it. I used to make those settings within UniStorm, I've overseen this. Congrats, v3 looks really amazing, but I still miss a way to route audio to the mixer. (Made now a script for this)

14. julianr

julianr

Nice 3.0 update! @BHS How do you stop rain from showing inside buildings?

15. BHS

BHS

Great to hear, you’re welcome!

You’re welcome!

Thanks!

Weather effects can be disabled by using the 2nd script in this post. It will also explain how it works and how to use it: https://forum.unity.com/threads/rel...r-weather-system.121021/page-100#post-3580939

16. julianr

julianr

Thanks. It would be good if you could switch off weather (such as rain) inside a building but leave it raining outside by containing the building with a collider that only reacts to what you allow through it? This way you could see outside doors and windows and see the weather outside is bad, but dry inside.

Wurlox likes this.
  17. GDI_Commando

GDI_Commando

Without turning collision detection to high the easiest way to make sure rain collides with structures instead of passing right through is to make sure that the structures are set to static. The rain particles automatically collide with any static game objects

18. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Can you take a look at your Emerald and Crux threads.....

19. franky_li

franky_li

This works for me without any special setting. I have a house with a mesh collider where it's not raining inside and you can look out of the window and see it raining outside.

julianr likes this.
  20. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

The shelter system did that in version 2. I presume that still works?

21. BHS

BHS

If you want weather effects to still be active when inside buildings, ensure that they are high enough that they are colliding with your house's colliders. A particle effect's position can be adjusted using the weather type object it's assigned to.

All replied to. :)

julianr likes this.
  22. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

TY...Replied back :)

23. julianr

julianr

I think it was related to a building I created using ProBuilder, even though I had a Mesh Collider on it, it was still letting rain through in parts of the skyscraper. It was Static. Plus I stream in assets using SECTR stream, so I doubt it was that.

24. franky_li

franky_li

@BHS: Where are the settings at what time night starts and ends in v3, couldn't find them?

25. BHS

BHS

These settings aren't available with v2 as they seemed to cause too much confusion. Night starts at 19:00 and goes until 5:00. The current time of day state can be found with the CurrentTimeOfDay variable.

So, if you wanted some functionality to happen at night or during the day, you could do something like. I'm not sure if that's exactly what you are looking for, but it may be useful for you or someone else.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. if (UniStormSystemReference.CurrentTimeOfDay == UniStormSystem.CurrentTimeOfDayEnum.Night)
    2. {
    3.    //Something happening at night
    4. }
    5. else if (UniStormSystemReference.CurrentTimeOfDay == UniStormSystem.CurrentTimeOfDayEnum.Day)
    6. {
    7.    //Something happening during the day
    8. }

26. BHS

BHS

Hey everyone,

UniStorm 3.0.1 has been submitted and is awaiting approval.

UniStorm 3.0.1 Release Notes

• Added support for Audio Mixer. All sounds are routed into UniStorm's Audio Mixer with variables to control each group of sounds.
      • Weather - All weather sounds and thunder
      • Ambience - All time of day sounds
      • Music - All time of day music clips
    • Added support for time of day music. This allows users to play music or background ambience for each time of day. This feature is completely optional.
    • Added sliders to adjust the weather volume, ambient sounds volume, and music volume from within the UniStorm Editor. These settings are applied to the UniStorm Audio Mixer.
    • Improved WeatherOnTrigger script to wait for UniStorm's initialization before changing the weather.
    • Added DisableWeatherOnTrigger example scene and script. This allows weather to be disabled or enabled by colliding with a trigger collider.
    • Added a new tab to the UniStorm Editor called "Settings". This tab will have the new Profile Manager settings with additional settings coming with feature updates.
    • Added UniStorm profiles - This allows users to import and export settings from and to a UniStorm Profile.
      • Added UniStorm Profile (Standard) - The default UniStorm settings.
      • Added UniStorm Profile (Darker Nights) - A variation of the default UniStorm settings that has darker nights.
      • Added UniStorm Profile (Black Nights) - Another variation of the default UniStorm settings that has very dark/near black nights.
      • Added UniStorm Profile (Alien Planet) - Alien-like colors and lighting.
      • Added UniStorm Profile (Post-Apocalyptic) - Post-Apocalyptic lighting and colors
    • Exporting UniStorm Profiles can be used during runtime to allow users to modify UniStorm's setting in-real time. Once users have found the perfect settings, they can export the results to be later imported as the new settings.
    • Fixed the cloud shader from clipping billboared trees.
    • Renamed UniStorm's Post-Processing Stack from "UniStorm Profile" to "UniStorm Effect Profile" to avoid confusion with the addition of UniStorm's new profile system.
    • Moved Global Weather Shaders to UniStorm>Global Weather Shaders.
    • UniStormManager will contain most UniStorm API. This will allow users to easily access UniStorm's API by simply calling UniStormManager.instance. UniStormManager.instance contains most API, but UniStorm.instance will allow users to access things like UniStorm's current weather, current time, current season, and more.
    New UniStorm API and Instances
    Below are just a few examples of the available API. All that's needed is calling the instance of either the UniStormSystem or UniStormManager.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. //Changes UniStorm's weather, regardless of conditions, with the transition speed to the weather type parameter.
    2. UniStormManager.Instance.ChangeWeatherWithTransition(WeatherType weatherType);
    4. //Changes UniStorm's weather instantly, regardless of conditions, to the weather type parameter.
    5. UniStormManager.Instance.ChangeWeatherInstantly(WeatherType weatherType);
    7. //Generates a random weather type, regardless of conditions, from UniStorm's All Weather Type list
    8. UniStormManager.Instance.RandomWeather();
    10. //Sets UniStorm's Date
    11. UniStormManager.Instance.SetDate(int Year, int Month, int Day);
    13. //Sets UniStorm's Time
    14. UniStormManager.Instance.SetTime (int Hour, int Minute);
    16. //Disables or enables all UniStorm particle effects depending on the ActiveState bool, , but does not affect their emission amount.
    17. UniStormManager.Instance.ChangeWeatherEffectsState(bool ActiveState);
    19. //Disables or enables all UniStorm weather sounds depending on the ActiveState bool, but does not affect their current volume.
    20. UniStormManager.Instance.ChangeWeatherSoundsState(bool ActiveState);
    22. //Get the current UniStorm Minute
    23. int CurrentMinute = UniStormSystem.Instance.Minute;
    25. //Get the current UniStorm Hour
    26. int CurrentHour = UniStormSystem.Instance.Hour;
    28. //Get the name of the current weather type
    29. string CurrentWeatherTypeName = UniStormSystem.Instance.CurrentWeatherType.WeatherTypeName;
    31. //Get the current UniStorm temperature
    32. int CurrentTemperature = UniStormSystem.Instance.Temperature;

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
    wood333 likes this.
  27. Endzeit

Endzeit

Hi, where is the script documentation for version 3.0?
    How can stop the time, how can I set/get current time in 3.0
    If that is not possible can I download the 2.x versions?

Thank you!

Edit:
    Got it: to stop time use the var TimeFlow = UniStormSystem.EnableFeature.Disabled/UniStormSystem.EnableFeature.Enabled
    And to set/get the time use the vars Minute, Hour, Day…
    But some documentation would be nice ;)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  28. BHS

BHS

With the 3.0.1 update, I'm adding proper API. This API will be heavily documented. I was just a little short on time with the initial release of UniStorm 3.0. :)

With version 3.0.1, changing the time will be as easy as:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. UniStormManager.Instance.SetTime (YourHour, YourMinute);
    Stopping the flow of time would be:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. UniStormSystem.Instance.TimeFlow = UniStormSystem.EnableFeature.Disabled;

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
    Endzeit likes this.
  29. zeb33

zeb33

30. franky_li

franky_li

@BHS: I found a bug, rain particle effect stops at 19:00. It's not raining in the night.

31. BHS

BHS

With UniStorm's new API, coming with the 3.0.1 update, it should make using World Manager easy.

That's not a bug. :)

That is the weather generator regenerating UniStorm's weather.

You have 2 options for weather generation, Daily and Hourly. Daily will generate weather along with an hour for each day. When the hour is met, UniStorm will change to the generated weather. The same goes for the Hourly weather generation type only it will generate weather hourly.

zeb33 likes this.
  32. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

33. franky_li

franky_li

The problem is that it rains, but no particles are displayed when it is dark, they show only up in the daylight!;)

34. BHS

BHS

Increasing your rain's material color to a brighter color should fix that. :)

35. Cybit

Cybit

Does 3.0 support Unet in Unity 2017.4.7 or is this planned for the future?

36. franky_li

franky_li

Thanks, that fixed it.

BHS likes this.
  37. BHS

BHS

I plan on adding Unet support, but this support will most likely be with an external script. This will allow users the choice of whether or not to use Unet without overcomplicating the main UniStorm system.

Cybit likes this.
  38. BHS

BHS

39. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Now onto Emerald or Crux?....

40. franky_li

franky_li

There seems to be a problem with the asset store. Unity shows me an update for UniStorm, but when I download I still get 3.0. Also it's still showing 3.0 (Version: 3.0 (Jul 30, 2018)) on the UniStorm page in the store.

Edit: The new asset store is showing the correct version, but still downloads the old one. What a mess:(

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  41. Cybit

Cybit

Great to hear, can't wait and it gives me an ideal of how I might handle it in my project for now.

42. franky_li

franky_li

Anyone else having problems to update to 3.0.1 ?

43. BHS

BHS

There seems to be an issue with the Asset Store and updating UniStorm to version 3.0.1. I’ve contacted Unity and am waiting for an apply on what’s going on.

44. md-ford

md-ford

Everything working as it should be. However at a cost of 90 fps more than the old unistorm!

45. BHS

BHS

What exactly do you mean? Version 3.0 or version 3.0.1 in comparison to what? UniStorm 3.0 performs much better than version 2 and the latest update hasn’t added anything that should affect performance. Are you possibly receiving an error? The old version of UniStorm is not compatible with UniStorm 3.0.

46. md-ford

md-ford

Cant get version 3.1 yet wasnt on the download. previous version was 2. something. Cleared that out saved, quit, reloaded installed 3.0, spawned unistorm evrything was red! reinported as full, everything still red. made a prefab from one of your working demos, and used that instead. Which for some reason made spawned instances of unistorm to have the correct colours! Everything then worked properly, no errors at all, with unistorm disabled 190fps, enabled 80is fps.

47. BHS

BHS

It sounds like you still have UniStorm v2 in your project. You have to completely remove UniStorm version 2 from your project before importing UniStorm 3.0. The errors are what’s causing the performance difference not UniStorm itself.

48. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

I want to use UniStorm in a multiplayer game.
    How can i use it with different weather zones?
    Also is there a way to have height dependent temperature?

49. md-ford

md-ford

Unfortunatly that appears not to be the case. I removed all of unistorm again , Exported scene and started a new project, removed all 3rd party assets and made it into a very base project. Unistorm 3.0 did import properly and gets no errors at all, none of the effects slow the game down at all and work properly, but at arround <90 fps. Disabling the uni storm system script increases frame rate to 200+fps. Obviously something i have done as nobody else has mentioned it, so I suppose i have to o through all my scripts again to see if i have reference the old system somewhere.

50. franky_li

franky_li

It's not only UniStorm, have the same problems with MicroSplat. The whole asset store seems to be a mess ATM.