Search Unity

[Released] Game Kit Controller: Engine with melee, weapons, vehicles, crafting & more! 3.75

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sr388, Sep 1, 2015.

?

What features/systems do you prefer to arrive sooner for next updates on GKC?

1. AI behaviors options, able to drive vehicles and fire turret weapons

25.7%
  2. Armor/cloth system: stats, damage resistances, etc… & character aspect customization (fallout)

30.0%
  3. Cover System and Climb system based on Breath of the wild and Assassins Creed

36.2%
  4. Online multiplayer (using mirror as first solution and include others later)

42.2%
  5. VR integration including 1st/3rd person and locked views

10.3%
  6. Full body awareness (FBA) to see player’s legs, body and arms in first person

18.4%
  7. More types of controls, similar to Diablo, MOBA & RTS and similar genres

10.7%
  8. More tools/creator wizards on the asset workflow (tell about them)

13.5%
  9. Integrations with other assets (tell about them)

16.5%
  10. More RPG/Scifi elements/mechanics (tell about them)

12.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here a couple of examples of the destroy object component to remove dead enemies (and other characters) from scene with a delay, triggered by the health system event option on death. It is configured to remove the character after 5 seconds.

And here also using the same component as the dissolve projectiles, to dissolve meshes to be removed once they are totally vanished.

Also, thanks people for the nice words and support ;)

Regards.

DrOcto, MorpheusXI, EN_Games and 11 others like this.
  2. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I added a new option on the health system, which allows to trigger events based on the remaining health of the character. So for example, when the health amount is equal or lower to 50 units, it can trigger an event to activate the walk mode instead of run by default. And these events can be called just once or each time the character receives damage and the health is lower or equal to each element configured.

With this, I have configured an example of an enemy which starts using weapons, if it receives damage on the arms, it will drop the weapon and start to use the close combat system and when its health is lower than 30, it will run away from its enemy, in this case, the player.

more improvements new stuff 290.gif

more improvements new stuff 291.gif

So like that, this allows more customization and options in the AI and other elements.

Regards.

Altair44, Wetw0rx, EN_Games and 5 others like this.
  3. hopeful

hopeful

If we aren't using a limb-damage system, this still works? And is easily modifiable, so we can have health events at 50%, 25%, 10%, or whatever? I imagine you've thought of that, so I expect the answer to be yes. :)

One thing you may not have thought of, however, is the influence of healing / regeneration. This can cause health to go back up, and NPC behavior should change accordingly. So in addition to damage events, we may need healing events (health going up) and also something to moderate "thrashing" ... where say a NPC has health right at the event line (like 50%) but is getting a point of damage over time every other tick, plus a natural regeneration point of health every other tick. You could have the health event getting triggered over and over in a very short span of time.

One scenario to test might be if the NPC gets below 50%, they use a self-heal, which could either be a power with a cooldown, or an item from inventory (which maybe needs to be consumed ... loses a charge or subtracts from inventory).

Isn't it crazy how one little feature can expand and take up more development time? ;)

Wetw0rx and sr388 like this.
  4. sr388

sr388

Yes, the events options based on remaining health are independent, so you can use them as you need. The current option now is for health amount instead of %, but it would be simple to add an option to use the percentage instead of an amount (will add that in the system).

And about the other element, yes, I thought about that, the only option right now for it is a bool check in every event option to only trigger any event of the list just once or each time the health is lower than the value configured. But yes, I considered that way of work and is planned to be added in next updates (I wanted to add the initial system to avoid to increase the development time of this update).

Regards.

5. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Vehicles already are taken into account when changing of level with the auto save/load system, so the player will appear in the other level already inside of that vehicle.

Also, I have been improving and polishing a few elements while the remaining tests for the update, one of them is a more regular and preconfigured death menu, with options to load game, exit to main menu or to desktop (and the previous option to get up, just to make tests and debug easier, UI can be always customized as needed).

Regards.

Altair44, Wetw0rx, ron-bohn and 5 others like this.
  6. Razmot

Razmot

A very small annoyance : on popup menus like "really exit ?", usually it's yes on the left and no on the right.
    Shift delete a file on windows you 'll see.

sr388 likes this.
  7. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have improved the teleport platform, now allows to teleport player and any object carried physically on player's hands.

And a dead zone option in the camera setting on vehicles to use the camera direction as an extra input for the steer (in this case, the regular horizontal input can be used and overwrite the camera steer direction if needed).

And it works now properly on first person too.

Regards.

Altair44, ron-bohn, Neviah and 6 others like this.
  8. neoshaman

neoshaman

Sound like we would soon be able to do a full 3D zelda clone.

sr388 likes this.
  9. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here the current changelog for the upcoming update 3.02.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LayKIKEfg1encT5S0vNibhKY51u13SXV

And also, here a video of the interface system configured in the aircraft as a second example, along the car:

If everything goes right, the update will be uploaded to the asset store this week :)

Regards.

Adrad, neoshaman, JRD and 6 others like this.
  10. LiangYun1980

LiangYun1980

11. sr388

sr388

Hi @YunLiang.

Seeing the console message, the model skeleton is not a standard one, due to it hasn't the chest bone, used on one of the elements to rotate the upper body of the player when he is aiming a weapon in third person.

But I have planned to make a couple of additions to make models like these to being accepted by the character creator, even if a bone is not found on it. This addition will be added very soon on the next update 3.03 (the upcoming one is 3.02, which will be ready this week).

Sorry for this inconvenience. In the meantime, I recommend to use other model for the player, the addition I said will be available very soon.

Regards.

ron-bohn and neoshaman like this.
  12. Altair44

Altair44

I have some doubts about this asset, it is incredible, in my opinion, far superior to the competition. And according to the philosophy of GKC, how does optimization work? I refer to the respawn system of enemies and items. We know that it is not good to destroy and appear objects / prefabs on the map because over time the game slows down (or at least I understand that) so, will there be a pool system? a system that allows you to recycle prefabs, such as bullets, enemies, items, etc.

I don't know much about programming, but maybe a box collider can be used as a detection zone for the player, at the moment he touches the box, a certain number of objects appear, for example, enemies.
    When the enemies die, that they are not destroyed, but moved outside the map, restarted (health, ammunition, etc.) and when the player touches another box again, the enemies that are outside the map will appear again.

A single box could also be used, once touched, it moves to another specific point on the map to reappear to the same enemies in a ramdon position.

In theory it should work. The most common prefabs are recycled without saturating the memory.

What do you think about this? Is it something useless, should I look for a pool system in Unity, or is it useless?

sr388 likes this.
  13. sr388

sr388

Hi @Altair44.

Sorry for the time to reply, I was sleeping until some time ago haha. Thanks for your message and interest in the asset.

Optimization is something very important for me and I work on each update to improve this aspect (and others like workflow) and make any possible improvement for this, making components more independent, extensible and customizable as well.

And yes, there is no pooling system yet, but it is planned for the current updates series 3.0 and it will be worked in the next update after upcoming 3.02 (which will be ready this week).

What you mention sounds like a spawn system, something that is planned as well. So yeah, the pooling system will allow to store and manage all type of objects, from vehicles, AI, projectiles, pickups, inventory objects, anything that can be instantiated/destroyed in game, with options and settings to configure what happens on disable and reset functions (for example, if an AI dies, spawn it and reuse it somewhere else with all the values by default, like health, ammo if they have weapons, etc...).

And yes, pooling object is important in any game, to avoid the increase of garbage caused by destroy elements and you can be sure it will be present very soon in the asset ;)

Let me know if you have any other doubt or question about the asset.

Regards.

14. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

While making some checks in the door prefabs (which are already updated and working properly, with some extra examples), I have added a simple info panel system which can works similar to the current way to show a text panel and follow a position on the screen, allowing to configure options for the text it self, and the separate positions to follow in third and first person:

Here an example configured in a locked door. The system to use inventory objects disable this panel info through the events options once all needed objects are placed:

Regards.

Wetw0rx, Brian-Ryer and blacksun666 like this.
  15. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have improved the option to configure if weapons are carried on player’s dominant hand without IK when he is carrying a weapon without aiming it. This new option allows to configure separately if this no IK mode is used on single weapon mode or also in dual weapon (and inside this option, configure separately this IK option when the weapon is carried in the right or the left hand), here you can see an example:

In the IK options video, you can see like the first pistol is used with IK positions in single mode (the player keeps the weapon in a fixed position while carrying in idle or moving state) and then the same weapon is carried without IK on player's hand in dual mode (this wasn't possible previously, allowing only one mode for both dual and single weapon).

Regards.

JRD, neoshaman, Wetw0rx and 3 others like this.
  16. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have been working in the update during this weekend, setting the new prefabs, testing them and being sure they work properly, and also, I have checked the prefabs of doors and elevators and like maybe you hear, some of them wasn't setting properly or could have some issue, and they work properly now. The prefabs are also configured and available in the prefabs manager, and for every category, an explanation is there to tell more about what they do.

Unfortunately, during the weekend, I have been not able to work at the same speed as usually, so I need just a couple more of days to have the update fully ready, with only just a few minor checks to do and three new simple scenes to add to show the new elements added.

As some testing from the weekend, here a trigger to enable/disable the gravity adherence to any surface in only one direction:

more improvements new stuff 316.gif

more improvements new stuff 317.gif

Sorry for the time the update is taking and the few delays, you can believe me that I want this update released as much as you :)

Regards.

17. neoshaman

neoshaman

Is there a way to disable jump on certain surface too? and falling off edge by walking/ground mouvement too (like in shadow of mordor)?

Wetw0rx and sr388 like this.
  18. Phdnewbie

Phdnewbie

Would it be possible that you show us a tutorial on how to implement/ integrate a melee combat system, like Taichi Character Pack https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/characters/taichi-character-pack-15667?

When riding a motorbike, some characters faces are 180 degree facing their back or 90 degree facing up like this one.

Will you consider in the near future, support for SteamVR , Oculus etc?

Attached Files:

sr388 likes this.
  19. sr388

sr388

Yes, there is a trigger system which can change a lot of different states and activate events on the player, being one of them the jump action, allowing to change its state to enable/disable as needed. Any of these states and events can be triggered on enter, exit or both and just activate once or each time the condition happens.

This system also allows to enable/disable input for the player as well, so you can avoid the player from change of view, draw weapons, fire them, interact with objects, disable its movement, etc....

And about the falling edge, not sure what you mean exactly, can you put some video clip of that feature? I know that game but haven't played it yet.

Hi @Phdnewbie.

In fact, that animation pack is the used as example in the current close combat system. The only thing needed to use this combat system is to import that animation package into your project, and the animations will be configured automatically into the combat layer animator.

Of course, you can add other animations into this layer. Also, for the upcoming update, this close combat system has been improved, allowing much more customization and flexible.

Also, for the next update, melee combat system will be added and it will use part of this improved close combat system and it will be extended (both of them) to allow as much customization as possible.

About the motorbike, yes, it is due to each model has a different orientation on each bone of its skeleton, so that head look direction needs some improvements to manage any model, which will be added in the next update. In the mean time, you can go to the motorbike, in IK driving system and in the settings parts, in the seats configured, in driver, disable this option:

upload_2019-10-28_11-32-36.png

Let me know if you try this and if you find this option. Sorry for this inconvenience, it will be improved very soon (along with more elements and vehicle types).

And yes, more tutorial videos and add new parts to documentation are planned, once I complete this upcoming update 3.02, I will be back to record new videos and add new parts to the doc as well, but don't hesitate to ask any doubt about the asset in the meantime :)

And about VR, yes, the integration with VR it is planned since a lot of time ago, but it has been made yet due to I haven't a VR kit to use. But I will get soon an oculus rift S, maybe before of the end of the year.

The objective is to use that kit to add full integration of VR and also, add the functions needed to select between any type of VR kit, taking into account their input functions, so the VR system will be general to work with any kit, and then, the main difference will be to select the kit to use (or detect it) and get its proper input.

Regards.

Phdnewbie likes this.
  20. blacksun666

blacksun666

@sr388 if you are looking for a vr setup and are considering the rift s, especially if it is just to develop on, have a look at the oculus quest. It's self contained (doesnt need a PC), which means you currently have to target the android vr platform, but next month oculus will be releasing a beta update that will let you tether it to a pc (with a usb C cable) and use it as a pc headset (just like the rift s). So for the same money as an oculus rift s you get effectively 2 vr platforms to test against complete with 2 touch controllers.

sr388 likes this.
  21. sr388

sr388

@blacksun666, yes I also considered oculus quest for a time, but I think that the better performance on rift S (according to the pc where is connected) can allow to work better on the integration of VR. But still not sure 100% what kit should I get, even with the same price. The more freedom of quest without any wire and similar it is an advantage in the list too.

I think I saw something about quest being able to be used on PC as the rest of headset, but didn't checked too much about it. I should take a look at it, could be more useful that rift S at the end.

Regards.

22. neoshaman

neoshaman

I just mean treating cliff edge like wall, it's common in jrpg or adventure game.

The simplest NAIVE implementation is, check ground at next updated position, if no ground or too far (ungrounded) then don't update movements. Complex implementations allow sliding along the edge as if it's a wall.

Some action game only allow falling cliff if you are in high movements mode, like shadow of mordor.

sr388 likes this.
  23. sr388

sr388

Oh, I see. I was thinking about that, but wasn't sure if you meant that or not.

I have been thinking a way to add that option and I think that more or less, I have an idea of how it would work. If I have a few free minutes these days, I will make a quick test for it. In any case, consider it added into the todo list ;)

Regards.

neoshaman likes this.
  24. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

The trajectory system allows to configure max distance if no surface is found and also, a maximum distance for the raycast check (previously, infinite distance was used).

Also, I have improved the copy paste button to get transform info of any object, right now, it is only used for one of the positions of the weapon adjustment, but it will be extended to other positions and elements.

This will avoid the need to go to the transform component, copy its value in play time, stop the game and paste the value one by one, allowing to configure different positions and rotations in play mode and past all of them at once.

And the best is that this works with scriptable objects. to store info temporally.

upload_2019-10-29_1-21-14.png

Regards.

Phdnewbie, Wetw0rx, hopeful and 2 others like this.
  25. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

The character creator was improved, allowing to write and use a custom name for prefab path to use and also and now previous characters of the AI can be replaced with new models and keep the same AI character gameObject, keeping the previous settings you already had on that charater/AI.

in that video, the player's model is replaced without using a new prefab, keeping the settings of the player. Same is made with the AI and in the last part, a different prefab name is used, so you can set any other character prefab name instead of the one preconfigured in the character creator for player or AI

Regards.

26. Joey-Vaudeville

Joey-Vaudeville

1st
    Assets\Game Kit Controller\Scripts\AI\friendListManager.cs(102,28): error CS1061: 'Button' does not contain a definition for 'onClick' and no accessible extension method 'onClick' accepting a first argument of type 'Button' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    2nd
    Assets\Game Kit Controller\Scripts\AI\friendListManager.cs(108,27): error CS1061: 'Button' does not contain a definition for 'onClick' and no accessible extension method 'onClick' accepting a first argument of type 'Button' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    3rd
    Assets\Game Kit Controller\Scripts\AI\friendListManager.cs(111,25): error CS1061: 'Button' does not contain a definition for 'onClick' and no accessible extension method 'onClick' accepting a first argument of type 'Button' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    4th
    Assets\Game Kit Controller\Scripts\AI\friendListManager.cs(114,25): error CS1061: 'Button' does not contain a definition for 'onClick' and no accessible extension method 'onClick' accepting a first argument of type 'Button' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    5th
    Assets\Game Kit Controller\Scripts\Devices\elevatorFloorsPanel.cs(29,11): error CS1061: 'Button' does not contain a definition for 'onClick' and no accessible extension method 'onClick' accepting a first argument of type 'Button' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Unity Version 2019.2.9

27. sr388

sr388

Hi @Joey-Vaudeville.

If you find any bug, please, send me a message to the support email, it will allow me to take a better look at the issue, and find the cause and the solution.

I think I know those code lines, though it is strange that could cause errors on 2019.2. In any case, those code lines have been removed and changed in the upcoming update (those lines were assigning an event on the UI buttons through code, but now, the event is configured directly on them), so that won't happen anymore.

The upcoming update will be ready very soon. In the meantime, if you need to keep working on your project and these errors happen at the start, comment those lines as a temporal fix.

Regards.

Joey-Vaudeville likes this.
  28. ellisthemiracle

ellisthemiracle

Hi, does GKC has procedural animation for FPS arm? Like in UFPS, the weapon bob when walking and running is all animated by code.
    Is this feature included in GKC?
    Thanks.

sr388 likes this.
  29. sr388

sr388

Hi @ellisthemiracle.

Thanks for your interest in the asset. Yes, all movements in camera and weapons in first person are totally animated by code and totally customizable through the inspector, with options for sway, head bob, with options to only apply movement or rotation or both, options to add extra random values to make it feel more dynamic and realistic, camera shakes triggered by internal or external elements, noise camera on firing (add random rotation to camera from firing recoil), etc...

Same for the positions of the weapon, each one (aim, draw, run, walk, surface collision, crouch, recoil, etc....) can be customized to adjust these positions according to the size and shape of the weapon and where you can to place it on the screen.

Even a spline/bezier system can be used to actions like reload, to make custom movements and rotations of the weapon.

You can see some of these movements in this post:

https://forum.unity.com/threads/rel...ual-wield-weapons.351456/page-62#post-4696313

Don't hesitate to ask any doubt or question about the asset :)

Regards.

ellisthemiracle likes this.
  30. ellisthemiracle

ellisthemiracle

Thanks for the answer,
    I have some more questions, hope it's okay :D

1. I want to make a FPS game so I'll be using the FP mode primarily. Is there any easy and quick way to import my FP models and my animations?
    2. Does this asset has raycast option for the weapon anywhere? Because I can't find it.
    3. Can I have a tutorial primarily on FPS mode, because the system is pretty confusing (at least for me) when I'm trying to get the position when ADS with different optics and the movement.
    4. Is it possible to make the inventory system like any modern shooter game (e.g: CoD, RainbowSix, Battlefield, etc.), player can only carry 2 weapons and some gadgets.

Thank you.

sr388 likes this.
  31. sr388

sr388

Hi again @ellisthemiracle.

Sorry for the time to reply, sometimes, the notifications of the forum take some time to arrive (and sometimes not even that haha).

1.- For now, the system doesn't have a management of animations out of the box for animations of arms and weapons in first person, but it is planned to arrive soon (I want to make the necessary additions for it in the next update) and get model for arms and animations for them as well.

2.- Do you mean to fire a weapon using raycast for projectiles instead of projectiles moving with a speed through the level? In that case, yes most weapons have that option active by default in the asset. You can find this setting in player weapon system inspector, inside gunModel gameObject in the weapon it self. You can configure there a lot of settings for the projectiles, like damage, spread, speed, sounds, particles, etc... If you were talking about other element, let me know.

3.- Not sure exactly what you mean with the position when ADS, do you mean to set the position of the weapon for aim, walk, use sight, etc...? Tell me more about it and I will be able to give a more specific answer. And yes, tutorial videos will be back once the upcoming update is ready, for weapons, vehicles, AI, etc... for all new and previous systems of the asset. Sorry this is taking so much time, I am working as fast as possible on it.

4.- Yes, the inventory is very customizable, allowing to configure any type of object (this has been improved a lot in the upcoming update, with the system much more extensible and customizable).

Also, the weapon system allows to configure any type of tool with the behavior system, so you can create any type of tool/semi weapon/weapon, like the current flashlight, smartphone or gravity gun, which all work with this system, being managed as a weapon but with a custom system.

And these weapons/tools can be managed through the inventory or just with the weapons manager, similar to games like doom 2016, where there is no inventory but a list of weapons. This is explained in the doc, so you can choose between manage weapons through the inventory or not. Also, the inventory can have a limited number of slots or infinite. so you can configure that as well.

Let me know if this answers your questions or not.

Regards.

ellisthemiracle likes this.
  32. ellisthemiracle

ellisthemiracle

Don't worry, you are a very active dev and always here on the forum to support your clients, I respect you.
    Your reply answer all of my questions.
    I will probably ask more questions if I stumble on bugs or confusion. Thank you for your dedication :D

EN_Games and sr388 like this.
  33. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I only wanted to wish a happy halloween to all of you people. I will go to take some drinks with some friends but will be back here asap to keep working on the update, which I already started to make new scenes and are pretty straight forward.

So closer for the update and sorry that is taking so much, I want to give the best quality as possible :)

Thanks @ellisthemiracle for your nice words. That kind of feedback really makes my day ^^

Regards.

34. Baconation4

Baconation4

Hello! Love this product, have been following for a long time now and have been so impressed with where things have come.

That said, after a little break from Unity, I am back and back at it. I did notice a small change that I am having issues locating. When I am looking at a vehicle, the reticle on the HUD changes slightly, but I have noticed that the custom vehicle meshes I am using are being altered slightly in terms of the materials. I have a glass material that essentially becomes non transparent, and the issue persists as I enter the cockpit of said vehicle.

Any information would be very appreciated!

sr388 likes this.
  35. sr388

sr388

Hi @Baconation4.

Thanks a lot for your nice words.

I have just returned to home from halloween party. Allow me to answer properly to you tomorrow.

But I can say already that it sounds that the cause is the outline system component configured in the vehicle, to show the outline when an object is able to be used. You can disable that system in the inspector or remove it if you want.

Regards.

36. Baconation4

Baconation4

Thank you for the quick reply! It is definitely something I will take a look at and will let you know if I have any issues! Happy Halloween!

37. sr388

sr388

@Baconation4 let me know the results of your tests when you are able for the issue you commented. No rush, you can send me a PM message on the forum, to the email support or on discord, as you prefer, so I can take a better look at it.

Regards.

38. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have been improving the AI on vehicles to receive external input from the navigation-auto drive system (only using a smooth waypoint system for now, but it will be easy to add navmesh navigation as well very soon within the same system).

Also, the input for the strafe movement of the player has been improved too, with separate input lerp speed for regular movement and strafe movement, allowing to set different speed for the input of each type of moves and have a more responsive character on each situation.

The editor buttons to change the player’s view to first or third person in editor (before starting the game) it doesn’t change the parent of objects in that action, avoiding the player prefab from losing its reference to the prefab of the project folder.

All UI elements have been checked to be adjusted properly to any screen resolution out of the box.

And finally, I have made some more minor checks and right now, there is only one page of tasks left to do to complete the update :)

Regards.

Phdnewbie, Wetw0rx and hopeful like this.
  39. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Now in the panel info that I showed the other day, there are options to configure a panel list, so you can use different designs or panel sizes, they can be configured in a fixed or free position, it can contain an string action which is replaced on the text field by the action key configured in that moment and more options:

This is how the text field looks, so you can write where the action key will be placed in the text and the action name to search in that moment:

upload_2019-11-3_6-19-20.png
    I also added the possibility of getting missions from characters (it is just the same system as in the mission board but with options to use a different UI mission panel, but the mission board will keep working in the same way and being usable as well):

I took inspiration from borderlands, but of course, you can customize all these elements as you need.

Regards.

Phdnewbie, Altair44, Wetw0rx and 2 others like this.
  40. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here an example of the player getting missions from talking with NPCs through the dialog system (the dialog can trigger any amount of missions for the player):

Regards.

41. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have some news, first, there will be a beta this week for the new update, probably not all the new demos will be ready for it, but you will be able to try all the new stuff and see the content of the update (only add the new demos is the work left to do right now).

Second, I have already planned the first tutorial videos that will be made after complete this update and will be focused in the weapon system, to show all its elements, from configure weapons positions, IK, weapons values to fire, add new behaviors, configure attachments, elements on third and first person, add new projectile types, dual weapon settings and anything else needed.

Third, I added options in the dialog system to show dialog lines directly in the screen without pausing the player's actions or moving the camera to a fixed position, so the player can keep doing his stuff while reading dialog.

it is the same dialog system, the main difference is mostly set the wait time between showing a line and the next, so no matter that one line is longer than other, you can set separated delays for each line. The dialog is shown quickly to reduce the duration of the gifs haha.

Finally, I am finishing the new demo to show the whole mission system, including save/load its info, get missions from trigger, events, dialog, characters that directly activate them, etc...

Regards

42. jnbbender

jnbbender

Had this asset for a while now and finally got around to using it. WOW! I am making an FPS and I'm having difficulty FPS Player Awareness. When the gun aims way down, it appears as if I'm getting a view of the clipped characters' arms. Any ideas?

43. sr388

sr388

Hi @jnbbender.

Thanks for your interest in the asset and your purchase.

That seems like maybe the model you are using has multiple meshes and when you change the view to first person, some meshes still active. In player controller gameObject, in the component player controller, there is an option to configure extra character meshes, in the advanced settings part, so they can be enabled/disabled on the change of view to third to first person and viceversa. Add the extra meshes from your model there and it will hide the meshes on first person.

If this is not what you mean, send me a PM message here, on the discord channel or the email support (you can find it on the doc), and I will be able to take a better look.

Regards.

44. ahmet28

ahmet28

Hello there .
    Modular Multiplayer FPS Engine (Photon 2).
    How We Can Make Presence.
    I can buy it separately as an add-on. your presence.
    good work.

45. sr388

sr388

Hi @ahmet28.

If I understand properly, you mean if that asset can be integrated with GKC. I know modular multiplayer but haven't tried it, so I couldn't tell you how much additions could need to use both assets together, but I guess some beginner-medium code knowledge could be required for it.

Online multiplayer is planned to be started on GKC before the end of the year, so as soon as this process is started, I will inform here about any progress.

Regards.

46. ahmet28

ahmet28

hello i didnt buy 2 being.
    Waiting for the GKC 3.2 version. your being is very nice.
    need for a multiplayer system. I asked if I apply 2 assets.
    but I wait until the end of the year, thank you very much. good work

sr388 likes this.
  47. jnbbender

jnbbender

First off, I can't say how much this asset rocks. But there is a learning curve. Anyway, I am creating an FPS but I would like full body awareness. I posted the preliminary question above but probably didn't give much info.
    In the video, notice how there is no animation applied to the body when in FPS view. Also notice, just to test, I have added the head & body mesh to be excluded but they are not.
    TPS works great, animation, IK, etc.
    What can I do to achieve full body awareness?
    Also, if I can't, how can I limit the angle amount so the character does not point down or up too far?

Thanks.

48. sr388

sr388

Hi @jnbbender.

Thanks for your kind words about the asset, I really appreciate that :)

About your question, yes, for now, in first person, by default, the model of the player and its animator is disabled, since there is no full body awareness (that part is coded like that, the main character model mesh is deactivated in first person). But FBA is very planned for the asset and will arrive during the 3.0 updates series (I love mirror's edge and I have always wanted to add that system to the asset).

The objective is to use the whole model for this view, including the arms of the player, so in first person, IK is also available, avoiding the need of a separated model for arms.

For full body awareness, some additions will be needed, but most elements for this are already on the character (but I will need to make some tests and initial work to see if further elements could be required). For now, I guess it will need an extra offset in the first person camera state and maybe a new animator used on this view, avoiding the player's body from moving from its position. Besides that, I can think of more elements needed until I start to work on it. Of course the weapons arms would be replaced for real player's arms and adjust some of these weapons positions.

I would wait for this FBA to be included, which will be soon, and use that time to work on other elements of your project. Of if you prefer, you can start with these modifications. For the camera to look down, you can limit separately the angle limit for up and down direction on each state of the player's camera in the component player camera, in the camera states list, in this case, in the first person state.

Let me know what you think and if you try the camera limit.

Regards.

49. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have finished the examples for the demo of the mission system, here you can see the dialog configured to get inventory objects by talking with NPCs:

And another example enabling a mission, activating the use of inventory objects and move to the next dialog:

Btw, the beta of the version 3.02 will be ready this weekend. I will tell here about it as soon as it is complete.

Regards.

xDeveloper, ahmet28, Wetw0rx and 2 others like this.
  50. jnbbender

jnbbender

Thanks for the update. Yeah, I was planning on continuing my project just with camera limitation. I have a lot to learn in the meantime. Good to hear there is a plan for FBA, after all how am I going to make the next Call of Duty :rolleyes:

sr388 likes this.