Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] Game Kit Controller: Engine with melee, weapons, vehicles, crafting & more! 3.75

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sr388, Sep 1, 2015.

?

What features/systems do you prefer to arrive sooner for next updates on GKC?

1. AI behaviors options, able to drive vehicles and fire turret weapons

25.6%
  2. Armor/cloth system: stats, damage resistances, etc… & character aspect customization (fallout)

30.0%
  3. Cover System and Climb system based on Breath of the wild and Assassins Creed

36.2%
  4. Online multiplayer (using mirror as first solution and include others later)

42.0%
  5. VR integration including 1st/3rd person and locked views

10.1%
  6. Full body awareness (FBA) to see player’s legs, body and arms in first person

18.5%
  7. More types of controls, similar to Diablo, MOBA & RTS and similar genres

10.6%
  8. More tools/creator wizards on the asset workflow (tell about them)

13.4%
  9. Integrations with other assets (tell about them)

16.2%
  10. More RPG/Scifi elements/mechanics (tell about them)

12.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sr388

sr388

Hahaha, glad to hear that. A reason to work on this asset is to get knowledge about game development and if I am able to share it with anyone, it is even better.

I understand the excitement, I am like that too. Not yet, I am finishing to edit new captures for the store. After that, only build the demos and I will upload the new version to the store.

Regards.

2. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Almost everything is complete for the update. I have already taken the captures for the store, only need to edit a few of them and make the builds for the demos. That is all the work left to do.

I would complete it today, but I am really tired, so I will get some sleep. After that, it will be just a couple of hours to have everything sent to the store.

Good night people.

Mark_01, magique and uni7y like this.
  3. uni7y

uni7y

Take your time mate!! and don't put your sleeping bag next to your comp like me! :D
    but on a more serious note, take your time and have some rest man! you really deserve a few weeks of vacation, if I could I would have bought you a ticket to the Bahama's :p

Good night and happy dreams ;)

sr388 likes this.
  4. coldfire1500

coldfire1500

Hey, I´m interested in buying your asset, when will the 2.4d update come out?

sr388 likes this.
  5. sr388

sr388

Hahaha, I have the computer literally next to the bed (small room). And thanks man, I really appreciate that, that comment made my day :)

Hi @coldfire1500.

Thanks for your interest in the asset.

I am uploading the update right now, so in a few minutes, it will be sent to the store. It usually takes 2-3 days to be reviewed, though the asset team doesn't work on weekends, so about Tuesday/Wednesday of the next week, it should be available.

One important note, due to the improvements and new systems on this update, the price will be increased in 10 dollars. But until the release of the update and during another week, the price will be the same as right now. So it will be a 20% off sale during that period.

Regards.

Mark_01 and uni7y like this.
  6. coldfire1500

coldfire1500

I just want to thank you for this, you are my hero my friend! Thanks to you, me and a friend will have a game to use as portfolio and we will have a future thanks to you. My kids will have bread in the table to eat thanks to you and I'll tell them them your story. Thank you again

sr388 and YucelBrendel like this.
  7. sr388

sr388

Good news, everyone.

The update 2.4d has been sent to the asset store for approval. In a matter of days it should be live on the store.

But no time for rest, lest start with version 3.0.

Very happy to hear that. I am glad GKC is useful for your project and hope it helps both of you with it. And thanks to you for these nice words.

Regards.

Mark_01, Mighty183, hopeful and 3 others like this.
  8. Mark_01

Mark_01

congratulations on this big update and thank you for all your hard work.

I am guessing that it would be possible to use a particle system to fake magic attacks ?

I know I have asked before, Is there a possibility to add .. melee ( swords axe, etc ... ) Bow and arrow attacks..
    swimming and also make vendors for buying and selling. OH and maybe even crafting ? Like crafting the parts that you could add to the guns' etc again ....

Thank you for all your hard work.. to be sure it is noticed and appreciated.

sr388 likes this.
  9. paulojsam

paulojsam

where can i find tutorials for each feature?

10. sr388

sr388

Thanks men, I really like to work on these updates and new elements :)

Of course, all the content you say is planned for 3.0, including crafting. I am going to organize the full roadmap for 3.0 the next week, so you can see better what will be added (and suggest anything in case I forgot to include it or it wasn't suggested or planned before).

There is not tutorials yet, but there is a documentation inside the package of GKC. It is not totally complete yet, due to some important parts of the core and systems around it on the asset weren't totally finished on 2.4c version (current on the store), but with the new update 2.4, that part is already complete.

The rest of the doc will be update with new content starting the next week, to include all the previous content and the new one. The idea is that every week, a few systems will be explained (as much as possible, to have it ready asap) until complete all the elements on GKC.

Also, you can ask any doubt you can have with the asset.

Regards.

Mark_01 likes this.
  11. paulojsam

paulojsam

i got the asset today and im trying to find this ones,

how is it possible to have the point and click control
    thing with the view point cameras, but switch to first
    person to aim and shoot? and also use the stealth
    and hide thing, i cant find the scene

12. sr388

sr388

Oh, I see, sorry for the confusion.

This content is from the update 2.4d, which was already sent to the store to be reviewed and published in the store (current version on the store is 2.4c). That is the reason why in those videos (except the trailer) the name contains preview as I used to upload new content according to when is added to an update in progress.

The update should be live for Tuesday/Wednesday of the next week.

I can send you the new version by PM if you don't want to wait for the release on the store.

Sorry again for this inconvenience.

Regards.

13. paulojsam

paulojsam

that would be wonderfull yes please

14. sr388

sr388

I have sent you a PM.

Regards.

15. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have added an option to allow the player to fire weapons (and powers) if the player is not aiming in third person, activating the firing mode and making him to face the camera (just like in aim mode, but without the camera switching to aim state and without need to press the aim key for it). So it only needs to press fire button to activate it.

Here a few gifs:

Regards.

Mark_01 and uni7y like this.
  16. 3DWizerd

3DWizerd

YAH !!!! Finally :) That open up so much more options

sr388 likes this.
  17. Testmobile

Testmobile

This is insane pal! Great job!

sr388 likes this.
  18. sr388

sr388

Thanks to both @3DWizerd and @Testmobile, glad to hear that. I am really excited too for the release and can't wait to bring the new update of 3.0, which I already started this weekend.

Regards.

Mark_01, Testmobile and hopeful like this.
  19. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have been making a few improvements in the code to make it simpler and better including an optimization in the input manager by removing a forearch loop, which increased the number of times the checks were done. I will make another store upload in a few days after some more checks.

Also, tomorrow I will upload the project to the repository, so it can be available before lunch the patreon and anyone can start to use it since the first second.

Btw, here you can see the preview of the page: https://www.patreon.com/preview/9eafa558e71b443bb32c87fa9c05fe31

Tell me what you think.

Of course, this is totally volunteer and it is not a condition to keep working on GKC, something that I will do forever, no matter what (4 years already and counting). But it will help to focus 100% on its development and keep bringing a lot of new elements and improvements.

Regards.

neodotca, Mark_01, mindfulmx and 2 others like this.
  20. uni7y

uni7y

love it!
    please excuse me... I also need to suit up for a dinner, so open up the patreon page already and let me keep you company at dinner :p

sr388 and Testmobile like this.
  21. CastryGames

CastryGames

when will you add support for photon?

sr388 and neodotca like this.
  22. magique

magique

Congratulations. 2.4d is live on the asset store.

sr388, neodotca and mindfulmx like this.
  23. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Some users have told me that there is some kind of error in the new update.

I will make some tests but it is possible that the upload of the content to the store had some kind of issue, which would be the cause of this problem. The new version was tested on unity 2017.1 and 2018.3 and it worked.

In that case I wiill reupload the update again and it should take almost no time to be available.

In the meantime, if you have any issue with the new update, please send me a PM, so it can be fixed quickly.

Sorry for this inconvencience, it will be solved quickly.

Regards.

24. sr388

sr388

Ok, I am back.

I have checked the error on setTransparentSurfaces, open that script and the lines 15 and 16. I forgot to remove these references but the script was present in another folder of the project, out of GKC.

Also, it seems the regular texture on probuilder objects is missing too (I forgot to paste a copy from it in the GKC folder), but the vertex color info still there, so level have some strange style haha.

upload_2019-1-28_21-56-49.png

In 2017.1 everything seems to work properly. In 2018.3 works well too, just the set transparent error and for some reason, import the asset into 2018.3 doesn't import the version uploaded in that version but in 2017, so the rigidbody but from unity still appearing, the one with collision detection -.- I will add a readme file for this unity bug

Finally, it has also a missing texture on one of the terrains (damn other project folders xdd)

I will reupload the fixed content in a few minutes, if anyone has some issue, don't doubt about telling it.

The fixes should be available soon, as the store team seems to took less than a day to approve the new update.

Haha thanks. Let's suit up!

The multiplayer is planned to be started in the middle of the year, to bring other content first, like the local multiplayer with split screen.

Yeah, thanks men. Very excited for it, though a couple of issues, which are already solved and will be a matter to reupload the content.

Regards.

25. 3DWizerd

3DWizerd

Fresh project got this (
    Assets/Game Kit Controller/Scripts/Camera/setTransparentSurfaces.cs(15,9): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `StandardShaderUtils' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
    ) Unity 2018.2.6f1

Dragonhill likes this.
  26. sr388

sr388

Yeah, I have said the way to fix it in the previous post, here the steps:

Open that script setTransparentSurfaces and the lines 15 and 16. I forgot to remove these references but the script was present in another folder of the project, out of GKC.

Tell me if this works. I am already uploading the project with the above issues fixed. It should be available in about a day.

Sorry for this issue.

Regards.

27. 3DWizerd

3DWizerd

Thanks, sorry didnt see that

28. sr388

sr388

No worries, if I find an issue in a new version of an asset, I would ask about it in the forum as well.

Btw, I have already uploaded the project with the fixes to the store, if it takes the same time as the original 2.4d, it should be available tomorrow (sorry for so much "spam") .It has the version name 2.41d.

Sorry again for this issue and the inconveniences that could cause. Something good that the asset store should include is allow a developer to download the uploaded update as a regular asset to try if everything is correct before publish it. Hope one day allows something similar.

Regards.

Mark_01 likes this.
  29. jaytwist28

jaytwist28

So probably should have figured this out on my own but I just started playing around with the asset and wanted to know if theres a way to disable the jetpack on a new character.

30. sr388

sr388

Hi @jaytwist28.

Yes, it only need to disable the jetpack mesh inside the player's body and in the script jetpack system set the field jetpack enabled to false. Like that it will be never activated again.

upload_2019-1-29_6-3-57.png

upload_2019-1-29_6-4-35.png

In the next update, I will add options in the character creator to configure if elements like jetpack and others are used or not, so the new player is created without those elements, avoiding the need to disable them later.

Tell me if this works.

Regards.

31. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have already configured the repository for GKC, which is github and launched the patreon page, which you can find here: https://www.patreon.com/twocubesstudio

Like I said, consider this as totally volunteer and it is not a condition to keep working on GKC, something that I will do forever, no matter what (4 years already and counting). But it will help to focus 100% on its development and keep bringing a lot of new elements and improvements.

Regards.

uni7y likes this.
  32. blacksun666

blacksun666

Do the $5 tiers and above give access to asset without having to buy the asset via the asset store? IE is having access to the github repository enough to be able to use GKC in released games?

33. uni7y

uni7y

You need to buy the actual asset, the patreon is only to support the dev and give you daily updates etc :)

blacksun666 and sr388 like this.
  34. sr388

sr388

Hi @blacksun666.

Thanks for your interest in the asset.

About your question, I am afraid not, the tiers are separated from the purchase itself. The patreon is made as an extra support for the development of GKC and a way to access to the repository, like @spotdot said (thanks for the faster response).

Regards.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
    Mark_01 and blacksun666 like this.
  35. Mark_01

Mark_01

About melee animations and such, I know of one other asset for sure and I know there are more on the store...
    If you have Mixamo's free animations, there are a few devs that sell their asserts and you need to have a free account to get the animations. I am not sure if this a good idea or not But they have all the animations you could want, including swimming.

sr388 likes this.
  36. Dragonhill

Dragonhill

I recieved same error, but i imported into an existing project

37. Dragonhill

Dragonhill

oops.. missed this.. yes.. this fixed issue

sr388 likes this.
  38. jaytwist28

jaytwist28

I'll do this when I get home from work tonight. Thanks for the quick response.

sr388 likes this.
  39. blacksun666

blacksun666

Is there any documentation on the vehicle side of things? Looking to use this initially in a vehicle only game. Checked the manual you linked to previously and some parts of it are missing content including the vehicle chapters.

sr388 likes this.
  40. sr388

sr388

Yeah, I know fuse animations and I will use some of them as placeholders, to work on elements as the cover system, melee combat, etc... But there are other more basic animations that I want to include on GKC without need from external resources.

And same happens for more complex systems, so I will be able to bring them sooner or later, There are specific animations (or a certain group of them which work together )that are hard to find. Also, these animations will include movements on first person to have a better controller and make a better full body awareness.

But I won't become crazy and get a ton of them, only the most necessary to allow to make the system as much flexible and customizable as possible, and with priority for one animations or others.

Happy to hear you have fixed it. In a matter of hours or a day, the new update with the fix for this issue and a couple of improvements should hit the store.

Glad to help :)

Not yet, there are parts in the doc that are listed to show all the categories that will be explained but haven't been added yet due to some main parts of the asset were under construction during 2.4d. Now that the update is complete, I will work on the doc (starting already with it) until every system from previous updates and the new elements are explained, including vehicles. Every week, the doc in the main post of the forum will be update with the new file, so people can get access to it without need to wait to a new update.

In the meantime, don't doubt to ask any question you could have about vehicles.

Regards.

Testmobile likes this.
  41. jaytwist28

jaytwist28

Worked perfect. Thanks.

sr388 likes this.
  42. sr388

sr388

Glad to hear that.

Btw, in a few days, I will make a new poll in the forum to see what features or systems people prefer for update 3.0. This will allow to set a priority for them, including the priority that the current poll has in those elements that aren't present yet (some of them have been already added on 2.4d).

Just a matter of time that a moderator remove this current poll (I already sent a message to the store team, due to users can't remove a poll, for some reason haha).

Regards.

Mark_01 likes this.
  43. hopeful

hopeful

This might be a good place to start.

Mark_01 and sr388 like this.
  44. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have taken a break from docs and stuff to play a few minutes of uncharted on vita and see how manages the player's weapons, and made me think to add the same options. One of them allows to configure if the weapon is drawn by pressing the fire button. So if the player is not carrying a weapon, the fire button makes the player to draw the current weapon.

Also, another option allows the player to directly draw and aim the weapon if the aim button is pressed. In this option, the weapon is directly placed in the player's hands and enters in aim mode as well (notice that the weapon was in the player's back before aim).

I think this allows to simplify the process to draw and aim weapons, as many users asked for a simpler system, and I think this is a very good solution. Tell me what you think.

Other option added is keep the weapon in x seconds if it is not being used, like firing or aiming.

Finally, there is an option in powers to fire them without need to aim, just like the weapons. This allows a similar control to games like infamous (this reminds me that I have to add the same option to make the player's head to look in the aim direction using powers too).

Also, in 3.0, the strafe animations movement will be improved too.

Regards.

neoshaman and Mark_01 like this.
  45. EstudioVR

EstudioVR

I vote for VR stuff in 3.0 :)

sr388 likes this.
  46. jaytwist28

jaytwist28

it possible to just use the camera and character controllers on a player prefab I've already got? I'm working on a project and have most everything already set up, however I'd love to use the character and camera controllers from this asset in my game and wanted to use them WITHOUT all the other amazing things this kit comes with but I'm having a hard time making it happen and could use some pointers.

47. sr388

sr388

Cool. I will add the new poll later today ;)

Yes, the character can be as simple or have all the abilities and options enabled and anything between both.

All the components in the player have different boolean fields to configure if certain features in every component are used or not (like adhere to surfaces while run on powers, or allow the player to activate the gravity control). And above those settings, there is a general option to configure if that system is used or not, for powers, gravity control, grab objects, use devices, head track, weapons, inventory, etc... In most cases the variable is in the inspector with a name related to the feature, to make easier to find the option.

Another way to disable a feature is to disable the input action in the player Input Manager component, for example, the action to draw a weapon, so even if the weapons are active in the player, the action won't be able to be performed.

There is component called Features Manager, configured in the Character gameObject, where all the features can be configured to be enabled and disabled, so they are all gathered in the same component. But not all features in the player have been added to that inspector yet, due to time limit in the update 2.4d, to avoid more delays. But for first update of 3.0, all the rest of options will be added in that inspector.

In the mean time, we can make a teamviewer session, so you can tell me which features want to enable and which disabled while they are configured. In that case, send me a PM to take a look.

Regards.

48. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have brought a feature from some time ago which didn't work properly until now, IK foot placement. Here a gif:

Regards.

Wetw0rx, neoshaman, neodotca and 2 others like this.
  49. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

The asset is in process to configure the new model. Also, first animation added to it: the sprint and the running strafe animations are in process (it may looks weird due to gif quality).

new model.gif
    Also, I have make the top down movement smoother just by tweaking a bit the animator tree used for this type of locked view which is the same used for similar views, like isometric.

Also, I have been improving and cleaning the IK foot placement script.

Finally, I have been starting to plan how to add and configure the full body awareness.

Regards.

50. Obsurveyor

Obsurveyor

The button outside the entrance on the Mansion Demo doesn't work. You can press the button but it just disappears, doesn't disable the super annoying fixed cameras. It appears the SetGameObjectActiveState component doesn't have the Object To Active set. What does this need to be pointing at to make it work?