Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Emerald AI 3.2 (New Sound Detection) - The Ultimate Universal AAA Quality AI Solution

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BHS, Jun 26, 2015.

1. unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

@MagiSoftworks when i click your image i get this
    "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."

2. MagiSoftworks

MagiSoftworks

Strange- Wanted to see what everyone is using for the process of exporting perfect EAI Generated Controllers from one project to another. I'm thinking how much time it would save to start a collection of perfect controllers for game scenarios per AI- Animals, etc. I exported a good one out, Imported in to new project but it doesn't populate the Animator Controller [Attached] with new imported controller. Thanks again

Attached Files:

3. MagiSoftworks

MagiSoftworks

Hi Wood333- Did you by any chance change your AI "Rig" from Generic to "Humanoid" ?

4. BHS

BHS

They should stop right when the player gets within the follower stopping distance. What character controller are you using? Are you using the right movement type for your animations?

5. BHS

BHS

The tags and layers are needed in order for your player to be properly detected. Ensure that your player's layer and tag are included within the AI's Tag Settings.

6. BHS

BHS

Thanks for the suggestion. I can certainly look into adding this.

7. BHS

BHS

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll see if I can add these improvements in with the 2.3.1 update.

8. BHS

BHS

Are you following the integration tutorial below? This should work with the newest version of Emerald AI.

The damage function parameters are:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Damage (int DamageAmount, TargetType AttackersTargetType, Transform YourTargetsTransform, int RagdollForce)

9. BHS

BHS

Strange, I have never seen that before.

Do you have Align AI enabled? Are you using the most recent version of Emerald AI? Are you missing any animations? Are you receiving any errors in the Unity Console?

10. BHS

BHS

Great suggestion, I'll add it in.

magique likes this.
  11. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

12. MagiSoftworks

MagiSoftworks

Hi BHS - Question on Exporting/Importing EAI controllers. I exported an EAI created controller, Copied to another Project then imported into that project which was successful but it does't drop in the active working Animator controller ? (Pic Below). I know I'm missing something. Your Wisdom is always appreciated. :) Thanks!

Attached Files:

13. xoodZ

xoodZ

Hello!
    I am considering your asset to buy.
    I have already developed a player spell system in my project.
    Please tell me how you can implement the following ideas in emerald (preferably using api):
    1. Slow down the speed of all enemy animations (for example, cooling). In the documentation I found only a traffic stop. I need to slow down all animations by a certain percentage. The speed in the animation controller will allow me to lower the speed of attack and rest, but I do not use root movement.
    2. (not actually, already found an answer on the forum) I need to receive incoming damage from the enemy and enemy abilities in my player script.
    3. Switching to the ragdoll during physical impact (for example, throwing the enemy), but the enemy remains alive. For example we replace AI with a rigidbody with a ragdoll, it flies like a physical object, after landing (or after time, or after stop moving) we change it again to an emerald, play animation of rising from the ground and again control NPC by animations and move through the emerald.

If you say that it is possible to implement these ideas through the addition of your code, this is normal. I am confident in С#, but I need to know that such code improvements are allowed.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
  14. wood333

wood333

As I said, that tutorial worked with the prior version of Emerald, but not with the latest. The EmeraldAiPlayerDamage scrip has changed. To get it working, I had to ignore part of the tutorial.

15. wood333

wood333

I am out of town, and will check this next week. This may result from the stag walking over something.

16. wood333

wood333

Thanks Mag, I am out of town, but will check this next week.

17. Neviah

Neviah

I'm having a small error: The error says I don't have a Death Animation 1. I have put in 3 in the correct spot (I think), but the first one is never used. I have tried putting in different animations in that first slot many times, but I still get this error. Is there something I'm missing? Is there a melee death animation spot I'm not seeing?

Also, attached another error I'm getting. This happens whenever an EAI agent attacks with a ranged weapon. I'm also using Game Kit Controller

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
  18. Deckard_89

Deckard_89

You could use PuppetMaster for the "living ragdoll" thing. I have it on my player character but not sure how to go about getting it to work on my Emerald AI. I think @BHS mentioned he was planning on a tutorial, so I'd probably expect it for the future update that includes the damage via individual ragdoll colliders, rather than the box collider it uses right now.

xoodZ and SickaGames1 like this.
  19. Low_on_Mana

Low_on_Mana

Hello, I have an issue concerning combat with non-AI entities. Using the AI events, I have set the target of my AI to a non-AI object. They will approach it, as if they are going to attack it, but they never actually attack. Is there any way to get them to attack a non-AI object that they are targeting?

20. wood333

wood333

Rig is Generic

21. BHS

BHS

It should be submitted by the end of the week.

22. BHS

BHS

There are two options when importing an Animation Profile; option 1 to import the animations with the exported Animator Controller and option 2 to import the animations using the existing Animator Controller on the AI. If either Animator Controller is missing, which it looks like the AI's is missing in the screenshot as the Controller slot within the Animator is empty, then this would be what's causing your issue.

Clear and then recreate the Animator Controller on your AI and then importing the animations from the Animation Profile should work, given that the animation references weren't lost. You can check this by selecting the Animation Profile within the Project tab.

23. BHS

BHS

Hey there!

1) The movement animation speeds can be adjusted using the global Speed parameter within the Animator Controller, but it is also controlled through Emerald AI. So, you would need to add in your own float variable to the speed control to slow the speed. However, I've haven't tested this so I'm not sure how it would affect mechanics like Root Motion. The other animations, such as the attack animations, will need to have speed parameters added to the Animator Controller. I have plans to look into slowing mechanics using the Ability Objects with a future update.
    3) I would recommend using the PuppetMaster asset as it allows you to do this.

xoodZ likes this.
  24. BHS

BHS

Which part did you have to ignore?

25. BHS

BHS

It looks like you are missing death animations from the melee weapon type and not the ranged death animations. Is your AI set to both ranged and melee or just ranged?

26. BHS

BHS

Non-AI targets are intended to not be Emerald AI objects. The non-AI's tag and layer needs to also be added to the AI so it can be properly detected, if you haven't already done so. Which AI event are you using to do this?

27. wood333

wood333

endEmeraldDamage
    The large code section from your video tutorial,void DamageInvectorPlayer (int DamageAmount, Transform target), (which I cut and pasted in for the last Emerald version). I ignored that. Instead, I found new code in the EmeraldAiPlayerDamage script, eight (8) lines of void DamageInvector Player (int DamageAmount, Transform target) method, which I un-commented. Again, I needed to add the single line "DamageInvectorPlayer (DamageAmount, Target)" within the SendPlayerDamage method at the top of the script.

I may be using the wrong DamageInvectorPlayer method, but my Player began taking damage.

28. wood333

wood333

I have enabled Align Ai, and will test that. I have most recent Emerald version, no missing animations, and no errors. I believe the stag gets flipped walking over a plank shaped cube in the scene, that is on the ground. I have never witnessed the flip.

29. Low_on_Mana

Low_on_Mana

I had already set the non-ai tag and got them to target it, they just wouldn't attack it. This turned out to be a behavior issue on my end (as I am using your events to give my objects a natural interaction behavior and one of those interactions was stepping in when I was trying to attack).

Thank you again for the quick response! Your asset has been integral to our development process and I can't wait to show you what we've been doing with it.

30. unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

is there a way to add more then one destination so that the ai goes to the closest destination?

31. AaronVictoria

AaronVictoria

Thanks buddy. Also, if possible see if you can squeeze the turn to face method in. We talked about it a while ago, but you may have forgot to document it. It would essentially allow the AI to stop movement and turn to face whoever or whatever has interacted with them. I hacked in a quick iteration for my project, and even added an event once the degree of rotation and head look angle are fulfilled. I use the event to trigger dialogue once the NPC is actually looking the player.

Looking forward to your next release.

32. Neviah

Neviah

Just Ranged only, see attachment.

***Edit
    I've fixed the problem by setting it to Both (ranged and melee), inputting an animation in the melee deaths, then setting it back to ranged only. This got rid of that error, but the other errors still remain, regarding the 'missing components' part.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
  33. julianr

julianr

Is there a way to restrict AI to just water. eg. shark hovering on water... and not go on land with a terrain underneath for Navmesh?

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
  34. Low_on_Mana

Low_on_Mana

Hi! I'm sorry but I've tried applying your change to stopping distance to allow an AI to move entirely onto a set destination, but it still doesn't seem to do so. It's stopping about 5m out and we've set it to 0.25f as advised. Any ideas as to why it might be behaving this way? It's putting a frustrating wrench into some of the stuff we're doing. Thanks!

35. unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

my ai when set to companion wont resume following after it has just attacked another ai any ideas ?

36. treshold

treshold

I can't find any documentation or demo's about this feature. Tried to explore Emerald AI component but couldnt find where do I define these?

37. Neviah

Neviah

Can EmeralAI make turret weapons? I don't have animations for my turrets, just want them to rotate left/right, and shoot. Any info?

38. BHS

BHS

If I remember correctly, the full code is needed to properly send damage to the player, but it sounds like you have it working now, correct?

The align system has angle caps to prevent an AI from over aligning. I'm not why it would align to an angle higher than the caps, but you can use the align layer mask to prevent the AI from aligning to certain objects, such as the plank shaped cube.

39. BHS

BHS

No, currently there is only one destination the AI will travel to when using the Destination Wander Type. However, you can create a script to modify an AI's destination. You could use the Waypoints Wander Type and check the for the next nearest waypoint from the AI's current waypoint.

40. BHS

BHS

I do remember and it's a great feature, but I unfortunately ran short on time to add this feature in with the 2.3.1 update. I will make sure it's at the top of the list for the next update though.

AaronVictoria likes this.
  41. BHS

BHS

Thanks for the workaround. I'll get this fixed added to the 2.3.1 update.

SickaGames1 likes this.
  42. unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

ah okies does emerald allow a guard object option?

43. BHS

BHS

Not currently, but I do plan on adding an option to randomize the Base Offset for water based AI. For restricting movement to water, you may be able to use the NavMesh Areas and Costs, but it can be tricky with terrains: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/nav-AreasAndCosts.html You can also use waypoints.

julianr likes this.
  44. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

When are you going to add the ability for AI to sit ?

45. keepthachange

keepthachange

Hey sorry to bug you but. My ai will not detect player inless i walk right up to it?
    I used the ones out of thoe box same thing?
    I have tags correct, distance is set to 20.
    Both trigger and fov do the same thing. Everything else works just detecting player beyond arms reach for ai is not?
    Could someone possibly point me in the right direction.

46. Neviah

Neviah

I made a ceiling turret that won't fire at other emerald ai agents unless i lower it down to about eye level. how can i fix this?

47. wood333

wood333

Yes, it is working. However, when I block there is no damage, whatsoever, which is not realistic. (such as, I can block stag horns with a bare forearm.)

Since I enabled Align Ai, there has been no tipping. This is Malbers' stag, and his animations deliver a mean attack with the horns, among others.

48. BHS

BHS

You are setting the Stopping Distance within the Emerald AI editor and not the NavMesh Component itself, correct? Everything is working on my end when I use a value of 0.3, which is the lowest allowed value, but this should allow the AI to stop right on its destination. Can you check if the values are being reset during runtime? That's the only thing I can think of at the moment.

49. BHS

BHS

Was the companion following you before this? The companion AI should resume following the player after all targets within their attack radius have been killed.

50. unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

my ai companion animations but after it attacks another ai and they outrun it my companion ai just stands there rather then go back to its destination anyone know how i can make it go back to its destination? also wont resume following the player if target escapes