Search Unity

[ON $20 SALE!✅]Infinigrass-GPU Optimized Interactive Grass-Trees-Meshes,work on mobile,HDRP-URP

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by nasos_333, Sep 1, 2015.

1. nasos_333

nasos_333

The v2.0 system now has a converter from any terrain foliage to InfiniGRASS types, so this would be a first global approach to handle foliage made with other systems baked on Unity terrain, so it can be optimized with InfiniGRASS system (and use the special shaders and lighting).

Currently i can also do planting on Map Magic terrains on the fly (WIP), though i dont follow Map Magic planting (so i do with my own rule based system), so for on the fly with other systems planting will take a bit more to automate , but is also in the plans.

ftejada and recon0303 like this.
  2. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

The current WIP on v1.x cycle has two major upgrades for the main shader

1. The shader can now use a max height adjustment variable, to regulate the upper bound of grass motion on interaction, which is useful in lower world scales. This removes the strange up-down motion of grass in smaller scales.

2. The shader now supports the native Unity fogging, for the cases where it is not used with Sky Master ULTIMATE volumetric fogs (which is the recommended mode for best result).

The main shader is immediately available on PM request (in Beta WIP form, but is near final & working, i only need to do a few extra tests) for anyone that wants to use it to solve the two above issues.

3. nasos_333

nasos_333

Infinite grass fields with zero extra allocations in game, using the new pooling system, coming in InfiniGRASS v2.0

InfiniGRASS is now on sale -34% !!!! for a limited time.

Get the system for only $39 (vs $60 normal price)

Enjoy :) !!!!

4. nasos_333

nasos_333

WIP on endless grass fields and forests in InfiniGRASS v2.0. this map is completely rule based planted, there is no any extra manipulation done. The foliage after the rule based planting can be shaped, erased, or manipulated in various ways, including using sprite sheets for big variance with a single material !!! (both in editor time or in run time). A real time burn system can also set the grass fields on fire in a realistic manner.

InfiniGRASS is now on sale -34% !!!! for a limited time.

Get the system for only $39 (vs $60 normal price)

Sky Master ULTIMATE is used for the volumetric lighting (also on lower price $59 vs $90)

Enjoy :) !!!!

ftejada likes this.
  5. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS is on sale -34% !!!! - Last day of the offer !!!

The regular price has been submitted to the store, make sure to grab the asset while still on sale !!!

Sky Master ULTIMATE is also on lower price ($59 vs $90)

6. Nikolai-Fomin

Nikolai-Fomin

Hello. Is it possible to use InfiniGRASS with the World Streamer project?

7. recon0303

recon0303

yes, I do. and have for the last two games, mobile and PC Steam Game..

8. ftejada

ftejada

Hi @nasos_333

How long is it until you launch InfinniGrass 2? It's been a long time since you said the last time you were almost ready to launch the beta.

Could you tell me how the process is going?

On the other hand I have been watching this asset Vegetacion Studio and it seems very interesting. I was about to leave and I was considering buying it because InfinniGrass 2 is taking too long and I have to move forward with my project.

Anyway, the creator of this asset says that it can be used with third-party shaders and that it has an API ready for integration or something like this:

"It can be used for all vegetation items with shaders that support Vegetation Studios instanced indirect implementation"

"Vegetation Studio has an API for the persistent storage, this allows 3rd party systems to feed instances of trees, rocks and plants. I have been talking to Denis (MapMagic developer) about creating an output node for MapMagic that can feed this API. is something we will look more at after I get the release version of Vegetation Studio ready. This is my main focus right now. "

Could you tell me if your shaders are compatible with this asset? I've always liked InfiniGrass and I think it's the best there is in visual representation of grass, but maybe this system that has built "Vegetation Studio" could be more efficient in performance, Apart from that it brings some very interesting features. So if you could use your shaders with this asset it would be great.

I speak from ignorance at this time because I can not prove how good is InfiniGrass 2 in performance until I have it in my hands to test it thoroughly and compare it with the Vegetation Studio system.

Regards

9. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS v2.0 will use pooling and wont be recreating grass like other assets do in run time at all (there is no instantiation or direct drawing involved at all), thus should be the fastest case possible as all geometry is pre-created. I cant tell how other systems fare in performance though, so i cant directly compare.

As for the shaders, i dont think would be compatible with other systems that dont use direct meshes, but i will have to check it out. InfiniGRASS 2.0 will have multiple new system and that is why it takes time to create and i want to be extra careful with the GUI, because of some reviews that mention it as an issue, so i would like to be 100% sure this wont be a problem, this can take long and is the main reason for the delay as the core of the system is 100% ready now. Also i add Map Magic support, so that is another thing going on for the extra delay.

Unfortunately i cannot say exactly when i will be ready, but i could work on your game and adapt the current version and see how it performs if you want and send you the package with it adapted, to work on (which should be much easier than doing the setup with the current GUI state, which is already very streamlined but has many cases to cover and depending on map sizes etc, so will take a bit more to be 100% covering everything).

For me adapting the InfiniGRASS v2.0 to your map should be very easy though, so you could have it up and running in no time, if i don't come up against any issue with the map sizes etc

What size are your terrains ?

ftejada likes this.
  10. ftejada

ftejada

I think it's great that you're being as careful as possible with the GUI. I also think that InfiniGrass 1.x failed a bit there and the manual. But it was supplemented with your magnificent support.

On the other hand the issue of size on my terrain is still under study. Because I want it to be very very large divided into tiles and with the greatest possible length of vision on the horizon. And have these terrain / mesh tiles as loaded and detailed as possible in elements (grass, trees, rocks, and other parts of the stage).

This generates many problems and I am studying the different techniques currently available to be able to achieve it. So I could not tell you exactly the specific size.
    Many of these tests are with vegetation assets and planting them, (InfiniGrass, uNature, VegetationStudio, etc).
    And I need these assets, which I consider best in each field, to compare performance, visual quality and characteristics among them with the same test scenes and try different aspects.

My first option is InfiniGrass. But until I test all the pros and cons between the different assets I can not decide which one to use in my project finally.

I thank you for the offer but I do not want to waste your time on many tests that I need to do with different scenes. I prefer that you focus on finishing InfiniGrass 2 as soon as possible.

Do you think that the beta version of InfiniGrass 2 could reach a maximum of 1 month or a month and a half?

regards

11. nasos_333

nasos_333

I am definitely trying to finalize as soon as possible, hopefully this month will see it to end, i am rather close as i have automated the whole initial process, so planting a set of maps is done in a few fast steps already, so is not far, but need to test much more to cover all possible scenarios that something may go wrong. The system uses also the v1.x grass manager as base for managing brush properties, so i need to further streamline this aspect as well, as currently you need to save the changed properties and then plant, so if something is not done proper the user may not be able to figure out the cause of a problem, so is stuff like that which i try to cover.

The idea is to use a preset grass manager with all demo brushes and then you have the option to change the manager with a custom one and plant with another set and so on. After the manager is set properly and brush properties are saved, then the system is very versatile and can plant any number of maps almost instantly with rules.

The new pics i post are created in a few fast steps, so took me only a few minutes to change the manager with a few new brushes and re-plant all maps for example, so the planting aspect is fully realized already too.

The rule system will also get extended with various detailed stuff, like splines and other ideas, these will come in v2.x cycle (i already have a super good spline system to include too, from my particles pack, so that also wont take long after the initial release)

Acissathar and ftejada like this.
  12. nasos_333

nasos_333

New categories (Tab based) for Brush and Global settings (WIP), for better grouping control and separation of most important variables.

The image is from v2.0 Grass Manager, i will have a new v1.x version with that categorization as well before v2.0 release (v1.7.8), which will also support Unity 5.6+ GPU instancing and should be coming next week.

The Tab based grouping will be the default in the next versions, though can be reverted back to the all in one approach if required using the relevant checkbox.

ftejada likes this.
  13. recon0303

recon0303

Our team is making a Steam game, and I been making a mobile game...We have alot of testers, testing stuff, so just like terrain shaders, we are testing RTP, CTS, Mega, Micro, for performance, and best visual aspects...

Now, same goes with Veg...We been using Unature, VS, and InfiniGrass 1 and 2.. Visually I find InfiniGrass to be way above the rest.....Also , looks like Bart the developer of World Streamer made a grass shader as well, so yes we plan to test these as well...One thing I feel Nasos does well is support, and he make sure it works for every platform and versions, Not many do this...Which is one main reason I use, Sky Master, for mobile, InfiniGrass 1 etc..No one else supports Open gl 2.0.... If they do, it performs badly.... InfiniGrass 1 does a decent job, hoping InfiniGrass 2 supports older Android, Open GL2.0 since 35% of users are still using older devices..... Far as my Steam game we plan to test each asset to see which performs the best and visually looks better...So far visually InfiniGrass tops them all....

I hope to see InfiniGrass 2 working with other terrain tools... I dislike Map Magic due to trying to add your own height maps is a pain.. and don't work as expected, so I tend to use World Creator Standalone for stamps... and Terrain Composer 2 .. for my over all terrain tool. So hoping to see TC2 support . It will work with out support, but always nice to have.

ps: Please do not do the same folder structure as before, it was not great ..and confusing....I would just update your asset...with one version...If someone wants an older version, maybe just send them? Just a thought....Being a UX/UI designer, Sky Master UX/UI did get better, and I hope to see a better one for InfiniGrass 2, if you ever need advice, help, I would be happy to ....as I have for other assets.....One issue with many assets, They have terrible UX/UI so your not alone..... So having someone who knows how to design a proper UX/UI is important..

Looking forward to the release of InfiniGrass 2.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
    MarkusGod likes this.
  14. nasos_333

nasos_333

The coming v1.7.8 and v2.0 will support gpu instancing so will benefit newer mobile a lot and will also have increased unity editor and scripted interaction performance.

V2.0 should also run on older mobile since the shader base is the same with some extensions. I will be doing tests for this as well. I have already solved an issue with z buffer ordering which was crucial and mobile integration is getting closer for v2.0. The system uses vertex texture fetch which requires sm3.0 though. For sm2.0 I have been looking at possible solutions too but can't guarantee will run directly. Normally for openly es 2.0 should run though as mentioned in: https://forum.unity.com/threads/vertex-texture-fetch-on-ios-5.113051/

The system will support all terrain tools of course. I even have converter from unity grass to Infinigrass in v2.0. The support for map magic refers mainly to the ability to plant grass on procedural maps at run time with minimal overhead. For general pre planted grass use v2.0 will be compatible with all terrains.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
    recon0303 likes this.
  15. recon0303

recon0303

Ya no other grass tool, shader etc does not work for older devices at all.... Unature does not...VS doesn't... So having InfiniGrass 2 being able to would be great.. InfiniGrass 1 works for 2.0 and does a decent job, but still would like to add more grass, little more density and get better performance In a few more years, 2.0 prolly won't matter but right now it still is a good % of my customers. Since 35-38 % are still using open gl2.0... I wish that wasn't the case...

16. nasos_333

nasos_333

New big offer !!!!

Buy InfiniGRASS from November 11 to November 18 and get a Sky Master voucher for free (worth $80)

Sky Master is upgradeable to Sky master ULTIMATE for only $10.

Post here after the purchase and send me a PM with the invoice to receive the Sky Master voucher.

17. mattis89

mattis89

Hi!

Is this usable with Gena & Gaia ? Im just wondering with Gena if I can spawn this grass...?
    It would take such a long time to do it by hand, I have such a big terrain.. =)

Also, I can use some other grass textures and meshes/bushes/trees?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  18. nasos_333

nasos_333

You can use any mesh or texture the system is based on prefabs which can be anything. Only limitation is to use my shader and that is mainly for the wind system and cool shading

The current does not support gena but v2.0 will have conversion from unity terrain grass trees etc to indinigrass types so should be easy to use both together

mattis89 likes this.
  19. mattis89

mattis89

What does your shader work on? .. and what about skyboxes &weather system? Is cool shading only made for skymaster?

I downloaded the demo yesterday.. it was cool.. but is it only in game spawning or can I spawn and create my world in editor? And rocks, do they work the same way with gpu and lods ?

20. steinrokkan

steinrokkan

Hi, I'm interested in the voucher deal you advertised above, but I'm currently quite busy and unfortunately can't dig through documentation and forums as much as I would like.

So, what I want to ask is - when you say you can grow and paint grass in play on any collider, I imagine it means there is a way to use a script to paint grass on runtime generated meshes? Is there documentation of this sort of stuff that I could peruse?

Thank you in advance, and I hope my question isn't too insultingly naive :)

21. nasos_333

nasos_333

The system is not only working with Sky Master, but is directly compatible with its snow system for gradual snow growth on the grass-trees. Though Sky Master has also volumetric lighting that can make a very big difference in overall lighting, which is what i use for the cool pics always, as the volume shadowing creates a far more realistic tone depending on where you are in the shadow and all tones in between.

Sample video with Sky Master lighting:

Helicopter wind shader:

The painting is done both in editor and real time (the demo has real time showcase). You can pre-paint the grass and edit it in editor (that is the main mode). The grass can be ungrown after editing so the scene is kept low sized and you can use multiple managers and ungrow them to make the editor performance better if there is lots of grass (in v2.0 split in managers is done automatically and also i use pooling so everything will be even faster)

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
    ftejada likes this.
  22. nasos_333

nasos_333

There is no direct documentation on the real time painting, but i have a demo with real time painting and a script for painting on impact with colliders, so all the needed code is implemented there to directly use and of course i can guide as well for anything that may not be clear. The idea is that i raycast to a collider and grab surface normal and position, then instantiate a grass prefab which i configure on the fly to do the planting, with the data from the collider.

Sample video with painting on a sphere:

Sample with painting on collision and real time growth of the planted items:

Painting real time top down:

23. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE v4.0 with InfiniGRASS v2.0

New big offer !!!!

Buy InfiniGRASS from November 11 to November 18 and get a Sky Master voucher for free (worth $80)

Post here after the purchase and send me a PM with the invoice to receive the Sky Master voucher.

24. Wolfieman

Wolfieman

Hi, I'm having a bit of a problem. When I paint grass at the default size it's enormous. I can adjust the scale just fine, but when I do it continues to stretch and deform in the "wind" (even with wind off) so I can't make it small without it looking pretty bad. I've seen videos so I know it's my fault, but do you have any ideas for what I'm doing wrong?

25. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi

As a first step reduce the stop motion distance variable for the grass type in the brush settings.

Then if this does not stop the motion completely, i can send a shader upgrade (coming in v1.7.8) where the upper bound of grass motion can be regulated per material, to further reduce any Y axis motion.

I can send the overall new v1.7.8 as well, that has GPU instancing in Unity 5.6+ as well and new GUI categories for easier access

Wolfieman likes this.
  26. Wolfieman

Wolfieman

Reducing stop motion solved the problem, thanks! Reducing Y axis motion will be helpful for the future but that worked fine for me. :)

27. nasos_333

nasos_333

Great :).

In some cases, like the very low grass type the new shader will also help to reduce the minor Y axis displacement, i will upload the new version soon for the store as well, it will be up sometime next week.

28. mattis89

mattis89

Hows the ram usage of this asset? I have a other grass asset and when I use it .. my ram is bye bye... and I have 25gb.

29. nasos_333

nasos_333

The ram use in the current version depends on the grass type, so more complex grass will require more RAM and also depends on map size and grass coverage.

In the coming v2.0 i use pooling so you can use the lowest RAM possible, by doing batching only for one patch and apply it everywhere, this also reduces the get in game time to almost zero as far as grass batching goes and reduces in game allocations in general to minimal as well.

30. mattis89

mattis89

That sounds pretty cool.. :) was trees & stones optimized too ? Like whatever you spawn gets pooled and gpu rendered ?

I saw the mass plant option.. height based..sloped based... what if there would be texture based mass placement? Like if you have a dirt road.. and grass texture on the sides... grass would only be placed on grass texture..

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  31. nasos_333

nasos_333

The system can do any mesh so yes trees rocks and everything is included in the optimization

The planting can be done based on splat map too and is weighted as well.

32. nasos_333

nasos_333

New big offer !!!!

33. steinrokkan

steinrokkan

Thank you, this definitely looks flexible enough to achieve what I'm looking for - purchased!

nasos_333 likes this.
  34. nasos_333

nasos_333

I have now added the collider based planter directly on the asset for the next version as well and a sample scene for better guidance. I can send the new version directly as well (before goes up on the store)

35. ftejada

ftejada

hi @nasos_333

I put this post that has been made in the forum of the asset Vegetation Studio https://forum.unity.com/threads/submitted-vegetation-studio.479244/page-13#post-3295406.

In case it can help you adapt your shaders to that tool. I do not know if it will be possible since I have no knowledge of shaders. The problem seems to be the type of Direct / Indirect instanced as I asked you in a previous post.

I do not know if with these files that the creator of VS is putting you could get ... I hope it can help you

regards

36. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

I may have a look when it is released, though i dont know if will be possible.

37. nasos_333

nasos_333

btw, i checked the system you mention and is using instancing, which is also used in InfiniGRASS v2.0 (in Unity 5.6+). For comparison, I use pooling of pre-made objects and do not do a re-draw of all grass at every frame, the instancing in my case is enabled directly on the material.

I do support the direct re-draw of grass at every frame technique as well in the system, though i use it mainly for some extreme detailed wind in fully 3D grass, that will be one of the options in v2.0.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
    ftejada likes this.
  38. ftejada

ftejada

Spectacular the second video. The specular gives a realism boost to the grass along with SkyMaster

Regards

39. Batelli

Batelli

InfiniGRASS looks amazing! The v2.0 will be a different plugin or an update of the 1.7?

nasos_333 likes this.
  40. nasos_333

nasos_333

Will be an update of the current but much different and will use v1.x as base. The system will be massive in new features and i probably will have an initial 5$ upgrade price.

Batelli likes this.
  41. jjejj87

jjejj87

quick question, how far can it render? is it locked at 300meters? Also, is there a solution for any grass beyond 300+ (some form of simplified texture or noise)

Thanks!

42. nasos_333

nasos_333

There is no hardcoded limit, there is a fade and LOD factors (fade is shader cutoff, LOD is actual turn off) that are user set. Of course the further away the heavier it gets in overdraw factor, but since i have batched billboards too in v2.0 you may use those to increase view distances to really far away and these also support GPU instancing, which will enhance performance even further in Unity 5.6+.

43. jjejj87

jjejj87

Thanks for the reply!

44. nasos_333

nasos_333

Np, let me know for do any further questions

45. Batelli

Batelli

Awesome! Thanks!
    I was concerned about using it and have to switch to other version.

nasos_333 likes this.
  46. nasos_333

nasos_333

Each version will serve a purpose and the idea is to be backwards compatible and keep all possible combinations of usage available in v2.0.

47. mitaywalle

mitaywalle

infiniGRASS v2.0 is still planned? no news about release date?

Just buyed asset, but it's useless for our project, 'cause it's life already, and need conversation from build-in terrain system grass

48. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

v2.0 is still planned and the core is 100% ready, though the GUI and user experience work is still WIP, so i hope to have it sometime next month

v2.0 will be able to convert grass from the current terrain one to InfiniGRASS types

49. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

50. nasos_333

nasos_333

That is a great idea, i will check it out and implement it for sure for v2.0. It will also be helpful in the new shaping mode of grass, which is painted on grass directly.

ftejada likes this.