Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[NEW OFFERS !!] Advanced FX Creator - Particle Dynamic Magic, GI Proxy & Anrgy Bots minigame

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by nasos_333, Sep 30, 2014.

?

What would you like to see enchanced further in this bundle ?

1. More gameplay elements in Angry Bots implementation

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. More GI Proxy related illumination effects implemented

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  3. More particle effects and weapons implemented

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi everyone,

The new bundle for ARTnGAME assets is now available. The pack includes Particle Dynamic Magic 2 and GI Proxy, plus the Angry Bots implementation for both systems as bonus and full Unity 5 support.

The price of the pack is 100$, instead of 90+40=130$ when bought separately. All updates to the separate packs will also go in this pack.

GI Proxy
    Global Illumination that works on Unity Free & Pro for every platform, optimized for Mobile. No baking is required, the method is fully dynamic. Area lights proxy, 2ond bounces & IBL in the new v1.5.

Asset Store Link: http://u3d.as/93L

Demo 1:

Room demo, smooth color changing.
    Demo 2:
    Crytek Atrium demo - (Music by Ryuno - http://u3d.as/6i1)
    Video:

Particle Dynamic Magic

Particle manipulation framework that supports particle and gameobject emission from dynamic splines, animated/procedural meshes, projected, painted and propagated positions.

Turbulence, forces, gravity and many more effects can be used for particle manipulation. The transition manager can move particles among emitters and the music module will make particles dance to the rythm with various levels of control.

ASSET STORE LINK
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/16175

Particle Dynamic Magic is a collection of 15+ separate modules/packs:

1. Spline particles and spline editor
    2. Gameobject particles for scripted/animated particles
    3. Decal system with per material assignment and dynamic options
    4. Particle forces and multi local/global manipulation
    5. Turbulence (multithreaded) with local manipulators & vortexes
    6. Music module
    7. Transitions module
    8. Cartoon effects collection
    9. Water
    10. Shields systems
    11. Fire and Ice propagation and effects
    12. Static and dynamic custom batching
    13. Ribbon system
    14. Partcile AI for movement based on sensing the environment
    15. Grass system, dynamic & shader based, transparent & vertex shaded, wind emulation
    16. 2D partcile & collisions system
    17. 300+ ready to use effects collection

and much more

Demos
    :

Particle Dynamic Magic v2.0 demo

Effect showcase Webplayer
    Fire & Ice demo
    Angry Bots demo

Cartoon Effects
    Transitions A | B
    Flocks A | B

One cycle freeze and break target spell.
    Multi freeze and return, cycle between two targets.

MUSICles DEMO
    AMOEBA Demo
    Turbulence demo
    Phoenix demo (v1.0)
    Break and Reform (gameobjects particles)
    Mage Duel Demo (v1.0)

Most effects in the demo are interactive, grab and play with the manipulation spheres to see the dynamic nature of the effects.

Particle Dynamic Magic v2.0 video

MUSICles video, showcasing the music and transition modules.

Feature List

Prefab Manager with over 200 ready to use effects, covering all systems in the pack.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
  2. nasos_333

nasos_333

I am also open to pack title suggestions :), so if you have a cool name i could give to the pack, please let me know :)

3. nasos_333

nasos_333

One question, how can i use lightmapping with spot lights ?

I use them in Angry Bots and dont seem to light anything other than some custom spheres i have in and the hero

Also is it possible to easilly remove lightmapping ? I tried the dont use lightmapping option and does not seem to work right

Thanks for any help in advance, i am rather stuck with this one

4. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

Solved the lightmapping issue, it was a shader issue after all :). Now testing the particles and GI in the level.

A first set of pics from GI Proxy in bots level, i start with very strong GI bounce to make sure i have a 100% smooth transition there first, this is the stage the pics are from, it is perfectly smooth now and works with dynamic objects.

I will later post the pics with the right GI ammount too (with less radius and intensity for bounce lights)

The source light shows well in the 2ond pic (spot light from hero falling near the corner)

5. nasos_333

nasos_333

The release is almost ready, both the GI Proxy and PDM packs in one single bundle for bargain price and Angry Bots mini game with both Particles and GI effects implemented as bonus.

6. nasos_333

nasos_333

7. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

Uploading the bundle now, it takes forever with my slow connection :), but should be submitted in a few minutes.

Release date is sometime next week i suppose, if it releases this week i will update again.

8. nasos_333

nasos_333

The pack has been succesfully submitted and waiting the review process.

Should be up next week.

9. zenGarden

zenGarden

The Angry Bots level si almost full black, if you have time could you post a level with lot of lights on rooms and corridors showing how the GI system can work on all the level ? (Can GI system switch to take nearest GI light sources ? ) Also there is no GI light following the hero , there is only a simple light, if you could make some GI light follow the hero also ?
    Actually the level just looks almost dark everywhere, the original Angry Bots lightening looks lot better.

10. nasos_333

nasos_333

I made the level low in ambience so the spot light effect and GI can be shown better (so it is very dark deliberatly, to emulate the effect in games like Aliens etc), but is a great idea to have a "sun" kind of light follow the hero too, i will definitly make such a demo for the next update, or post it here sooner.

There is a demo with the sun following the hero and the attrium in the GI Proxy folder though, so you could start there by default when the pack arrives (also included in the latest GI Proxy v1.5).

The GI is not yet optimized for that many point GI lights (unless you have Jove), this will come with the manager i am working on. Otherwise there has to be some culling of the far away systems by a script (though i am certain some of that culling is handled by Unity itself). The optimized "hero follow" mode for the sun is independent of the point lights (only applies to the directional light).

The other thing is that having so many lights will diminish the effect of GI, so i will try to make such a demo later, but i am not sure will work out.

Thanks for the suggestions :)

EDIT: I am not sure yet how point lights can work with lightmapping, the normal Angry Bots level uses static light mapping for the lighting, but i could not get the point lights behave nice with it, so i removed it altogether. The demo can of course be enhanced and that is one of the major points of this new pack, i will be updating this demo regularly with new effects, optimizations etc from both packs, so in the end there is a super amazing demo showcasing most things.

That is planned for later versions, now the demo showcases point/area lights and spot light GI and the ice/fire particle systems mainly. More is to come later :)

The "hero follow" mode is a great idea to use as a global light instead of the lightmapping, i will try that first.

EDIT 2: The new manager i am working on will do an enable/disable the nearest point light based on distance from camera. These lights can also be lightmapped, but i dont know if point lights for the bounce would light the lightmap correctly, i have not worked with lightmapping before, so this will take some time to figure out.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
  11. zenGarden

zenGarden

Yes Angry Bots it's a lot better example than other small scens as this is a real case game test.
    I thaught about the idea of using no lightmapping and only lights and GI , could this be possible ?
    Why not some directionnal light with very low intensity

If you add more lights it will always be some parts with shadows , the goal of GI is also to avoid black shadows.
    The other idea of having a GI directionnal sky light could be great in hero mode.
    If we use lightmapping and static lights , the GI system is not needed , so this is not the goal i think to use lightmaps.

12. nasos_333

nasos_333

Indeed, the directional light is a great idea and the next step, i will work with it and post a new demo as soon as i have the time to do it. Should be simple, since i have the system ready in the Atrium scene, so is just a copy and adjust from there.

And indeed, avoiding lightmapping should be the goal, i will try to make this work and get back with results :). Adding spot lights though in the level will require some occlusion method (or not, if unity can handle it by default), so this wont be as easy as the directional light.

On another note, the system does handle the case the camera is far away, so there wont be GI bounce lights far from the camera. The problem is having the source lights deactivated as well properly.

13. zenGarden

zenGarden

Well UT Free don't uses culling system, it's listed on Pro features only or you have to do it manually using a simple distance compare. Your GI system is more adpated to small scenes , with Angry Bots levels if we don't use lightmapping at all, only some directionnal lights and some point lights you'll have to figure out how to render GI near the player.

14. nasos_333

nasos_333

The directional already does this, it will follow the hero around, so i could prepare a first setup with that system. The point light GI also has an option to remove bounces if far away from camera (adjustable). So the only problem is the source point lights themselves, before any GI is considered, these will bring fps down in Unity Free, so i will have to handle it before the demo can have a global appeal.

And is in the plans to do so in the next version of course :), since it will benefit the system overall.

15. nasos_333

nasos_333

The bundle is coming this week, so make sure to grab it instead of the individual packs if you need them both.

The bundle price is lower than the sum of the separate packs !!!

16. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

Hi everyone,

There has been a delay in the review process, probably it is a matter of too much traffic in the store submissions :). Hopefully the pack will be available this week.

17. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

The Particle Dynamic Magic & GI Proxy bundle asset has been release on the asset store !
    (http://u3d.as/9xk)

Now you can enjoy both advanced particle and lighting effects for a discounted bundle price. Enjoy :)

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
  18. nasos_333

nasos_333

Note:

The link to the asset has been changed to one that (hopefully) globally works in all browsers.

Particle Dynamic Magic & GI Proxy bundle asset store link.
    (http://u3d.as/9xk)

19. nasos_333

nasos_333

New "Mystery Rings" icon pack FREE for all Particle Dynamic Magic reviewers !!!!
    (Big number of unique ring icons, in both Transparent and Pre defined backgrounds, with multiple variations)

Hi everyone,

As a big thanks to the supporters of the PDM pack, i decided to have a new offer for all Particle Dynamic Magic reviewers (including the new bundle pack that contains PDM).

Every reviewer of either of the two packs (http://u3d.as/9xk or http://u3d.as/71m) is eligible to receive my new "Mystery Rings" icon pack, available soon.

Everyone interested, please let me know and post the name by which the review was done here and i will send the icons pack as soon as it is ready (before it hits the store).

Thanks again for the help in making this pack grow and evolve so far beyond its original scope :)

The icons pack will also evolve with free extra content like every ARTnGame pack. The offer will last until the end of October.

20. nasos_333

nasos_333

Big sale on all ARTnGame assets incoming !!!

I have submitted the new prices on all 3 assets and waiting for approval.

Advanced FX Creator: Particles, Radiosity & Splines (PDM & GI Proxy bundle)
    30% off ($60, down from 85$)

Particle Dynamic Magic
    30% off ($45, down from 65$)

GI Proxy
    35% off ($25, down from 40$)

Enjoy :) and dont forget to review the packs to help them grow.

More offers:
    Every written review of the top two assets (that include Particle Dynamic Magic) will get my new icons pack for free !!! (offer lasts until end of October)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  21. nasos_333

nasos_333

22. nasos_333

nasos_333

Remember to get the pack while the offer lasts, on 30% less price.

Only 60$ for both Global Illumination Proxy and Particle Dynamic Magic !!!!

Bring Unity lighting and particles to a whole new level and enjoy Global Illumination and advanced particle effects, plus gameobject and spline particles, all effects fully dynamic and robust in play mode.

Effects work in Unity Free & Pro and are optimized for mobile.

23. nasos_333

nasos_333

24. nasos_333

nasos_333

Last few days of the sale, grab it today !!!

ADVANCED FX CREATOR (PDM + GI PROXY) - 30% LOWER PRICE !!!

Spline and Gameobject particles, local forces/turbulence can be added anywhere and controlled individually, transitions between any emitter type (spline, mesh) to any other and smooth particle system change on the fly !!!!! and much much more.

Particle Dynamic Magic - the Absolute solution for Unity particle, Spline and gameobject control. Advanced effects like particle to particle collision and fire/ice spread, stick and propagation.

With a collection of more the 200 ready to use advanced effects, including refractive water streams, portal effects, auras, cartoon, lightning, fire, ice, bird flocks and much more.

UPDATE:

An advanced mesh rotation mode is also on the way for PDM v1.8, for effects like volumetric particle clouds etc

The image emission is also updated to use "Lerp back" effects, so the particles may return to their initial positions dynamically. A demo will come soon with the effects.

GI Proxy will also receive several updates, like a day/night cycle and related enchancements and controls.

25. nasos_333

nasos_333

Last day of the discount.

The normal price will be submitted today (80$) and will be set after the Unity Store review.

Make sure to grab the asset while the lower price offer is still active.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
  26. nasos_333

nasos_333

The pack has not passed review yet and the discount is still on !!!

Grab it at only 60$ for a few more days (or hours), until the review process is finished.

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/22710

The pack contains both GI Proxy for Global Illumination and Particle Dynamic Magic for spectacular particle, spline, gameobject control, emission and transition effects (plus a big library of 200+ ready to use advanced effect prefabs).

27. nasos_333

nasos_333

The pack is now back at its normal price.

UPDATE:

Many new features and systems are work in progress for both PDM and GI Proxy, stay tuned in the respective threads for news and demos.

28. nasos_333

nasos_333

New dynamic mesh particle shaders, Shader Forge compatible

Growing splines

Procedural Mesh emission in sprayed positions

Masked Gameobject emission, combined with particles, gravitate back option & much more

Particle Dynamic Magic v1.8 Update:

An update of the new systems that are coming in v1.8

- Growing splines towards a target and target follow.
    The system is already able to create splines towards a pre-defined target on the fly and follow. Now i am working on making points follow smoothly as the end point moves, to emulate elastic motion etc. A number of modes will be available to control the effect. Also many more effects like gorund conformation etc can be applied, that may come in v1.8 or later in 1.9.

- Advanced mesh emission that will allow emission in sprayed positions of procedural meshes and Integration with the procedural pages of Mega Book.
    The system is already working and is beeing optimized. Also there is a plan to include a gameobject emission mode, i will try to have that in v.1.8 also.

- Advanced mesh particle rotation mode, for effects like volumetric particle clouds etc.
    The system is ready (is also included in Sky Master).

- Collection of new mesh shaders for particles.The goal is to have every shader be ShaderForge compatible, so most will be made with this system.

- Collection of spline borders in various shapes for card game like effects.
    These effects can be dynamic, let particles fly away or change in shape on the fly. The Transitions manager allows particles to move between cards and many more effects are possible.

- New image emission modes, 'gravity' to bring particles back to the image source after real time manipulation, better real time image changing control and more.

- Many more updates & samples (e.g. city destruction).

All systems are compatible with Shuriken, thus any Shuriken based particle system and asset can be used in combination. Alsoready samples will be included in order to reduce the setup time or even zero it, like with all current effects.

After v1.8 the focus will be in bringing DX11 support (as option) for the effects, with ultimate goal the support for millions of particles. Reviews and scores on the asset will help version 2.0 come much faster, so please remember to leave a review to help the pack grow !!!

DX11 option will be free update for every current PDM user.

GI Proxy v1.6 updates:

GI Proxy will get a new day/night cycle script (also included in Sky Master) and related options, plus a scene with a ready to use setup and other enhancements.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
  29. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

One more feature that will come in v1.8 of Particle Dynamic Magic is spline collision detection. I have already created the base script and expanding with some extra features.

Also the batching utility will no longer have the 65K vertices limitation and will allow any number of objects to be batched in a single script. Many new batching features will also allow better control of the system, for example the position check for the dynamic mesh re-creation will now have a threshold to avoid catching small movements and many more enchancements.

30. nasos_333

nasos_333

Holiday offer !!!

Buy Particle Dynamic Magic or Advanced FX Creator and get SkyMaster for free !!, vouchers will go to the first 4 that reply here and PM or email the invoice PDF.

Sky Master includes GI Proxy pack as well !!!

A note for GI Proxy and Sky Master
    The Advanced FX Creator contains GI Proxy without the Sky Master updates, so if both have to be in the same project, it is advised to install the Advanced FX Creator first and then Sky Master, in order to replace the GI Proxy files with the latest ones, that also support day/night cycle.

31. nasos_333

nasos_333

32. nasos_333

nasos_333

Normal price has been submitted to the store and will be up in a few hours (or days).

Make sure to grab the asset while in discount !!!

33. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

The pack has been updated with Particle Dynamic Magic v2.0 and is now natively supporting Unity 5 as well !!!!

Enjoy the behemoth update :)

Please remember to review/score the pack to help bring forth the next huge update. Every review counts !!!

Also i have a big surprise for all Advanced FX customers after the pack reaches more than 50 reviews !!!

34. zenGarden

zenGarden

Tempting to cheat the reviews by influencing buyers with a surprise :rolleyes:?
    When you are confident on your product you don't need such practices, you must be the only one doing that.

popupAsylum likes this.
  35. nasos_333

nasos_333

It is the exact opposite, since the product is already like 10 times worth the indie price in its current form and around a thousand times in its actual value (this is like a getting a worth of $100.000+ of paid work for $100 at the very least), having more reviews allows me to extend that even further.

It is a way for customers to increase the value of their purshase further, if they so choose to. Also reviews are rare for assets, even some of the best assets rarely get reviewed (and some top assets have died out because of it), so i dont think that asking for reviews is a bad practice, i am that confident of my product and can only benefit everyone in the long run.

36. IanStanbridge

IanStanbridge

ZenGarden you are simultaneously too cynical and not cynical enough at the same time. This asset is actually very good. You can tell from the web demos it is high quality and the reviews it has got are genuine.

I am assuming nasos simply wants to encourage existing owners to review it so it shows the rating in the asset store. Incentivising 50 perfect reviews is a bit misguided though nasos as if I was coming to this forum after considering a purchase it would call into question how legitimate the existing 5 star reviews were. You just have to look at how meaningless likes have become on facebook because everyone incentivises them. Asking for reviews to help inform other buyers is fine but you shouldn't specify they need to be 5 star.

A far bigger worry ZenGarden is the number of new very basic assets that mysteriously get a very large number of 5 star reviews almost immediately with non of them being written reviews. There are some basic texture libraries that aren't cheap and have a lot more reviews than you would expect them to have. There are quite a few assets that have very suspicious reviews so I suspect there are completely gaming the review system.

ZenGarden if someone wanted the game the store they wouldn't ask others to do it they would just do it themselves. What would stop someone setting their asset to free for a day creating some user accounts and then giving it 5 star reviews and then setting the asset back to paid the next day for example ?

It is why unity really need to make their refund policy much clearer so people can buy with confidence.

37. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the insight :). I may have overstepped a bit mentioning the 5 star specifically, but it is only because i felt the assets deserve it, i will change it to any review score to make ZenGarden happy as well :)

38. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

The new Angry Bots implementation in Unity 5, using both GI Proxy and Particle Dynamic Magic.

The demo will later be further updated with Particle Dynamic Magic v2.0 specific effects (Ribbons etc)

39. zenGarden

zenGarden

Sorry, i was not aware about some black magic business was happening in the Asset store :rolleyes:

40. nasos_333

nasos_333

Last day of the ARTnGame sale !!!

Grab Advanced FX Creator for 30% less !! and enjoy the power of Particle Dynamic Magic 2 (Decals, Particles, AI and much more) and the true real time (zero baking or shader changes) Global Illumination proxy system of GI Proxy.

41. nasos_333

nasos_333

Super offer for this friday !!!

Buy and review Advanced FX Creator or Particle Dynamic Magic (both on -30% sale) and get Toon Effects Maker for free !!!!

One pack left and will be granted to the next purchase & review for either Advanced FX Creator or Particle Dynamic Magic packs.

42. nasos_333

nasos_333

Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
  43. nasos_333

nasos_333

New offer for the end of the month !!!

Buy Sky Master ULTIMATE, try the beta and write a nice review that takes the beta into account and have a chance to win an InfiniGRASS or Advanced FX Creator voucher.

There will be one winner of a voucher for InfiniGRASS and one for Advanced FX Creator and up to 3 more entries will get InfiniGRASS on download link.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  44. zenGarden

zenGarden

I was looking to some dense grass solution for 2.5D game and looking at your asset i found these limitations :
    - It is some good product but for me it don't justify 60$ as this is essentially a object placement tool.
    - I didn't see in the demo some distance adjustement to choose at what distance the grass should not display
    - You place bunches of grass object where you click with the mouse. There is no continuous painting keeping mouse down and moving.
    - The grass is not individual grass model but a model made of several grass polygons that you place anywhere each time you click on the level
    -Fences system don't have any collision.
    -It seems you can not make your use your own fances models ?

To resume i just found i just can code myself such simple object placement tool in Unity.

45. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi ZenGarden, thanks a lot for the usual constructive insight into my projects. It helps me get better and increase the product value a lot.

I will reply to the inquiries.

- The object placement is the 1% of the project, the actual power is the multithreaded batching that enables real non patterned grass to be assembled in real time and be used with super speeds, with a LOD system in place so it can keep tris low as well. If you place the same grass without this system, then you will get around 1 fps or less (the game wont be playable), while with the system it is 60fps for example.

The optimization and unique approach to the grass creation (non patterned) are the key features of the system. Also i dont use render textures, so it is as fast as it gets.

- The LOD distance is predefined for each brush and there is a real time fade distance, which is indeed not in the demo but the control exists in general.

- There is continous painting when keeping the mouse button and moving, also there is a mass placement feature based on terrain splat maps (weighted and with scaling)

- Grass is placed based on slope and original center position, each blade individually for best result. That is one of the powers of the system, place grass properly everywhere, not just in a certain way.

- Fences dont have collision, but is easy to add, just add a mesh collider to the prefabs, i wanted the user to decide when colliders are needed.

- You can definitly make and use own custom grass, fence and rock models. I have posted a tutorial video for the fence parts creation (and added a new fence type while doing so for v1.4 !!!!!)

Thanks a lot for the questions and looking at my pack, please let me know for any further inquiries and i hope i have clarified all points adequately.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  46. zenGarden

zenGarden

You could put in in the demo as a slider to test the effect

Does fences also just do not display at some camera distance ? it is twekable ?
    Why not adding collision to the demo ? Otherwise fences are useless.

Overall product is good, but i just find 60$ too much expensive for this plugin compared to other 60$ more complex plugins. I would see the right price in some 20-30$ range.

47. nasos_333

nasos_333

I will add collision for v1.4, it will take just a moment to apply a collider.

The fences do not have a LOD system or fade, they are always visible (but i could provide a LOD for them too, it is trivial comparing to the grass)

Trust me when i say, this is one of the most complex plugins in the store, it is not easy to get such performance with that kind of grass. The base of the system can be used for anything too, not just grass.

It took me more than a 1.5 year to perfect the multithreaded batching and create a usuable stable system.

48. zenGarden

zenGarden

Fade away at some distance would help for performance.

You are right, perhaps i under estimated the hidden system behind and the work it involved.

49. nasos_333

nasos_333

I will definitly be adding a LOD and fade system for fences later too, plus other enchancements and more types (stone fences for example)

Also the system behind the grass will be used for more assets, i will be creating my new InfiniCASTLE system based on it for example and the goal is to have whole worlds with everything besides characters dynamically LOD and batch with it, so local detailed can be increased.

50. nasos_333

nasos_333

New offer for the end of the month !!!

Buy Sky Master ULTIMATE, try the beta and write a nice review that takes the beta into account and have a chance to win an InfiniGRASS or Advanced FX Creator voucher.

There will be one winner of a voucher for InfiniGRASS and one for Advanced FX Creator and up to 3 more entries will get InfiniGRASS on download link.