Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only. On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live. Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

Question on character ik working, Can i use both OnAnimatorIK Funcktion and Two Bone IK

Discussion in 'Animation Rigging' started by hustleinmablood93, Feb 25, 2024.

1. hustleinmablood93

hustleinmablood93

Currently, the upper body of the character is made to always look at the LookAt object using the animation rigging package.
    However, while writing the Unity hand IK code in the OnAnimatorIK() function,
    I suddenly wonder if there is a difference between doing hand ik work in the OnAnimatorIK function and using Two Bone IK, etc.

I am currently downloading and using the animation rigging package,
    then For all IK work, it should done as a component of the animation rigging package? (ex: Two Bone IK, MultiAim constraint, etc.)

if i am correctly understood the execution order of the constraint contents of the animation rigging package is
    Does it run in PreLateUpdate before LateUpdate?
    Then, the OnAnimatorIK function is executed first -> the contents of the animation rigging package I am using in the scene are executed -> the LateUpdate function is executed in the following order. I am not sure if my understanding is correct.

I used a bit of a translator.
    If my English bad, please tell me and I'll rewrite it.