Search Unity

Bug On Button Click doesn't trigger in windows build

Discussion in 'Visual Scripting' started by emilian-s, Sep 8, 2023.

  1. emilian-s

    emilian-s

    Joined:
    May 11, 2014
    Posts:
    19
    Hello.

    I'm using UVS to control the UI interaction in my game. I have "On Button Click" set to all the buttons in UI.
    The UI is spread across multiple scenes, that are loaded async using SceneManager with additive mode, depending on the state of the game.

    Example:
    upload_2023-9-8_17-0-51.png

    This particular button, doesn't trigger "On Button Click" on windows build. The button has the color change animation but it doesn't trigger the log, or the rest of the flow.
    This happens only on build, in Editor I never had this type of issue.

    90% of the time when I run the build, the button in this Canvas doesn't work. The other 10%, the buttons in another Canvas don't work.

    I have an Event System that is part of the first scene in the game. The scene is never unloaded.
    I've tried the new Input System, but I didn't manage to make "On Mouse Down" to trigger. (I did add collider on button object)
    I've change the order of scenes loading, didn't help.
    I've moved the button in multiple areas, didn't help.
    I've disabled all other canvases, didn't help.

    This happens for me and couple of friends, when running the build on Windows 10 and Windows 11.

    Not sure how should I investigate this further.
    Help!

    UVS: 1.8.0
    Unity: 2022.3.7f1
     
  2. emilian-s

    emilian-s

    Joined:
    May 11, 2014
    Posts:
    19
    This is getting weirder.
    New build causes other buttons to not work.
     
  3. emilian-s

    emilian-s

    Joined:
    May 11, 2014
    Posts:
    19
    I've released an development Android build and the bug is still present.

    What am I supposed to do/check?